Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Burnley Protests.

Comments

• Options

JorgeC said:

Brussels sprouts has to be the way forward. The stewards were prepared with cocktail sticks and Stanley knifes. Sprouts every ten minutes. Great support from all charlton fans today

cooked or uncooked?
    Salted or with a knob of butter?
    Brown sauce.
  • Options

Have you seen the amount of whining from Burnley fans on Twitter already!?

Almost directly after the Brighton game it started.

To say I gave a shit would be a great exaggeration. This is bigger.

Hendo rumoured to be one of the first out the door, we need him to speak some real home truths when he leaves - while we do our bit we need those with 'power' so to speak to do theirs, professionals and celebrities - if we can get Hendo telling the world just how crazy some of the stuff is it may push action by authorities, or at the very least ramp up the pressure on Roland.. I pick Stephen as he is as good as gone and we know he's not afraid to speak what he feels, and he cares for us. (perhaps not the best thread for it I know.)

Would also make player and staff recruitment an even bigger pain in the ass.

sm said:

If the Football League are really concerned then they might start by taking their own fit and proper criteria for directors seriously. No salary is declared by Katrien/who ever is the highest paid director in the club's latest financial statements - the law is quite clear in cutting our devices such a getting other companies to pay the emoluments http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2008/410/schedule/5/made. If Katrien/others want to parade themselves as directors of Charlton then the law is quite clear - the total emoluments they receive for doing so and those of the highest paid director have to be disclosed - I don't think ignorance is much of an excuse especially for a lawyer. If any of Katrien's puppets are reading this perhaps they might let her know.

We're trying to look into this already. We think that even if RD is paying KM through Staprix or another company, it should be declared as a related party transaction.
    This reminds me about a topic I mentioned a while ago - Roland owns 90% of Charlton Athletic, as there's someone else with a 10% share in Staprix. According to league regulations this should be declared and visible on the club website, it is not.
  • Options
    Let's abandon the sprouts idea. Get hit on the head by one of those lobbed from the back of the north upper - well it's no stress ball is it.

Or cook them first I guess.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    I once got hit by a full UNUSED Toilet Roll at Herne hill station,
    As the train traveled at 70 miles an hour as it went through the station.
    a direct hit on my side,(from about 10 feet away) winded me and to save my Embarrassment,
    i started to laugh, which gave the sign for half a dozen others to join in.
    One elderly Lady asked if i was OK ?

Shit happens.

The moral to this true story is can we have less Friendly Fire incidents.

• Options

I once got hit by a full UNUSED Toilet Roll at Herne hill station,
    As the train traveled at 70 miles an hour as it went through the station.
    a direct hit on my side,(from about 10 feet away) winded me and to save my Embarrassment,
    i started to laugh, which gave the sign for half a dozen others to join in.
    One elderly Lady asked if i was OK ?

Shit happens.

The moral to this true story is can we have less Friendly Fire incidents.

Next time, duck!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:

Lots of antipathy towards Burnley and Burnley fans here. Speaking personally I don't know why. I don't know a lot of Burnley fans, but the ones I have met have been all round decent.
    Is it wise to alienate people? I know the Brighton fans were special, but there are plenty of ace Burnley fans too, who if they knew our back story would be a bit understanding.
    Like for Brighton this will be a vital game for Burnley, and if they have forebodings (like the Brighton fans did) who can blame them?
    I see no reason, and no benefit either, from antagonising Burnley.

Reading this, I had the tune for "I don't like Mondays" running through my head...

I could quite happily sing "I don't like Roland" - certainly more happily than anyone in earshot.

• Options
    seth plum said:

Lots of antipathy towards Burnley and Burnley fans here. Speaking personally I don't know why. I don't know a lot of Burnley fans, but the ones I have met have been all round decent.
    Is it wise to alienate people? I know the Brighton fans were special, but there are plenty of ace Burnley fans too, who if they knew our back story would be a bit understanding.
    Like for Brighton this will be a vital game for Burnley, and if they have forebodings (like the Brighton fans did) who can blame them?
    I see no reason, and no benefit either, from antagonising Burnley.

and plenty of Burnley fans would love to kick our cockney arses.
  • Options
    Just seen a Burnley fan suggest a hefty fine for the club to deter us, what a genius that lad is. Who said northerners are 500 years behind the rest of us?
  • Options
    mogodon said:

Have some sympathy with Burnley fans. If the boot was on the other foot and we were, say, traveling to a club like Blackpool needing a win to go up, then we would be desperate for nothing to come between us and wining the game. Their reaction is understandable if slightly over the top in some instances.

I think we should unleash hell on May 7 while trying not to impact on the actual game ... so same level of disruption as before during the match, no pitch invasions etc. But outside the 90 minutes, we have three months of loathing to get across to Murray and Meire. Let's ruin their summer, not Burnley's

They've also got to realise though that had the protests not happened (i.e. the whistle that stopped Gaston Ramirez when he was clean through) we'd probably have lost against Middlesbrough which would leave Burnley and Brighton fighting it out for the final promotion spot with Middlesbrough three points clear at the top.

In a sense the boot is on the other foot because if we dont protest against Burnley then how is that fair on Middlesbrough and Brighton?
  • Options
    Great club Burnley. Similar to Charlton in many ways. Hope they go up with Brighton.
  • Options
    kentred2 said:

Great club Burnley. Similar to Charlton in many ways. Hope they go up with Brighton.

Although have ever truly thanked them for selling us Andy Gray for £1.5m?
  • Options

kentred2 said:

Although have ever truly thanked them for selling us Andy Gray for £1.5m?
    We thanked them by giving £1.5 Million for the lesser known Andy Gray.
  • Options
    it's only fair though to Boro' and Brighton that we disrupt the Burnley game as we disrupted their games against us. If we don't they won't be happy, especially Brighton who were so supportive on Saturday. Anyway, it's not as if Burnley won't walk off with the three points anyway so what's the problem?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Let's face it we couldn't beat the Burnley U11s at the moment. If the game is delayed or abandoned it will give them an (unfair) advantage because they will know exactly what they need to do as all of the other games will have been played.

On a more serious note, however, we could, conceivably prevent the awarding of the Football League Championship Trophy. If the game is abandoned and Burnley could still win it they won't be able to give it out on the day. They may also not be able to play one of the playoffs. As the FA Cup replays have to be ten days after the the initial game on the instruction of the Police if the game is abandoned the Football League will be furious. The first legs of the playoffs are on Friday the 13th and Saturday the 14th.

I can't think of anything that would generate more media coverage of our plight than that, and it would take an unlikely set of results for the top two to be established before the result of us and Burnley is known.

Thus an abandonment would leave the Football League spitting feathers and it would make KM and RD have some serious questions to answer, might even mean a massive fine, which could wipe out some of the season ticket money with any luck!
  • Options

Let's face it we couldn't beat the Burnley U11s at the moment. If the game is delayed or abandoned it will give them an (unfair) advantage because they will know exactly what they need to do as all of the other games will have been played.

On a more serious note, however, we could, conceivably prevent the awarding of the Football League Championship Trophy. If the game is abandoned and Burnley could still win it they won't be able to give it out on the day. They may also not be able to play one of the playoffs. As the FA Cup replays have to be ten days after the the initial game on the instruction of the Police if the game is abandoned the Football League will be furious. The first legs of the playoffs are on Friday the 13th and Saturday the 14th.

I can't think of anything that would generate more media coverage of our plight than that, and it would take an unlikely set of results for the top two to be established before the result of us and Burnley is known.

Thus an abandonment would leave the Football League spitting feathers and it would make KM and RD have some serious questions to answer, might even mean a massive fine, which could wipe out some of the season ticket money with any luck!

This is what I said a few weeks ago... If Burnley lose their next game with both Middlesbrough / Brighton drawing that means Burnley will drop to 3rd... It also means that regardless, they'll be 3rd come the final day of the season so if our game doesnt finish its going to cause chaos with the Play-Offs because the Football League wont know who is truly 3rd until our match has been replayed
  • Options
    rikofold said:

Let's abandon the sprouts idea. Get hit on the head by one of those lobbed from the back of the north upper - well it's no stress ball is it.

Cooked sprouts would leave a mess in your pocket
  • Options

rikofold said:

Cooked sprouts would leave a mess in your pocket
    Use a dog pooh bag....

Bring them in, cold and squelchy.
  • Options
    Funny that we will most likely be on TV again for another huge league match.

Maybe it is time for someone to actually to listen to the customers.

I am fully expecting a threatening statement from the club at some point next week.

The FL have got some top notch drama for the finals day. How exciting.

• Options
    An obvious point but given that there will be barely any fans present next season, 7th May really is our last chance to make any meaningful demonstrations in terms of numbers
  • Options
    If there is a chance of other games kicking off the second half later, just do the disruptions all in second half.