Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Burnley Protests.

Comments

• Options
    They always bang on about Roly getting us a new pitch, if we manage to get on, all bring little garden shovels and dig it up. Shows we couldn't give a toss about the pitch, they're taking the piss out of us, we need to carry on and make their lives hell.
  • Options
    Paper aeroplanes
  • Options
    I think there should be disruption - it wouldn't be fair on Boro and Brighton if we didn't do it to Burnley as well ;)
    But I don't think it would be good to get the game called off. If the situation was reversed, how would we feel?
  • Options
    News Headlines - Saturday 7th May

Drone controlled by protesting Charlton fan from outside the stadium and unable to maintain visual contact slams into referee and careers off into the stand, causing serious injury to one referee (fair enough) and seven fans, including two children.

Charlton fans vilified.

Protest fund organisers prosecuted (gulp)

CARD disbanded.

Meire smirk now permanent.

Err, don't think this one will fly chaps (literally).
  • Options
    balloons filled with water or bits of paper from a hole punch - done properly should mean they make it onto the pitch and when stamped on will leave something to be cleaned up
  • Options
    It's got to be something that we can get loads of it in. Brussels, bouncy balls, things that can be launched far onto the pitch so harder to clean up .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

balloons filled with water or bits of paper from a hole punch - done properly should mean they make it onto the pitch and when stamped on will leave something to be cleaned up

you're going to be busy until the Burnley game.
  • Options
    Tennis balls ie Dortmund style or something similar 1000s of em , every 10 , 20' mins really piss them off
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Drone controlled by protesting Charlton fan from outside the stadium and unable to maintain visual contact slams into referee and careers off into the stand, causing serious injury to one referee (fair enough) and seven fans, including two children.

Charlton fans vilified.

CARD disbanded.

Who said card has to have anything to do with it! Let them come out and condemn the actions lol

• Options

vff said:

If the game gets abandoned, and burnley get handed a 3-0 win, and that stopped Brighton going up would be a nice way to repay them for yesterday.

The game would be replayed. The league hand out 3-0 away victories in circumstances where no promotion / relegation issues are decided. I think when Blackpool invaded the pitch last season, it was awarded 3-0 to the away team and not replayed. Brighton would definitely insist on the game being replayed in the instance of an abandonment.

Teixeira was told that he couldn't go on his holiday for week after the season ends shows that the club may have completed some pre-planning (first time for everything). The match would be replayed. It would be difficult to stop sustained low level interruptions during the game or a sustained pitch incursion. Though, I am doubtful that a pitch incursion during the match is likely, after the last protestor was hung out to dry.

Another sustained, entertaining, angry and large protest would get good coverage. It would drive home the point internationally as well as to how badly Duchatelet has wrecked the club and the supporter relationship.
    My issue is that in two different games, the outcomes could be completely different. Burnley may turn up raring to go and ready mentally for the last game of the season. The match being abandoned and having to be squeezed in at some other time could have a negative affect on them. I do not think it's fair.

I know many may not share this opinion, but as I said above, think if the roles were reversed, would WE think it was fair for an opponent's fans to get a match abandoned if it was crucial to our chances to win a title or secure promotion? I would suggest that the vast majority of Charlton fans would not be impressed at the prospect.
    I do agree with this. If we get the game abandoned it will be reported as us showing a lack of respect to our opponents, ruining their promotion party, wasted journeys from the distant north etc. WCA is dead right - we would be absolutely spewing if the roles were reversed.
  • Options

All very sporting considering Burnley. But if we do not defeat RD we have no club. Do whatever to get publicity and get him out.

Yes, but that's what I'm saying. We need the right kind of publicity. Do we want Katrien to be able to say to Roland, 'Everyone is disgusted by the actions of our supporters'?
  • Options
    C4FC4L1f3 said:

Davo55 said:

Charlton fans vilified.

CARD disbanded.

Who said card has to have anything to do with it! Let them come out and condemn the actions lol

Feel free my friend. I look forward to seeing it (provided it doesn't smack me in the face).
  • Options
    He's only 12.
  • Options
    Only trouble is with any of these ideas is we don't know what the searching will be like till the day. If it's anything like yesterday it'll be a field day with all sorts being thrown on, but I have a feeling Katrien will make sure the stewards actually bother this time. Let's just hope they don't listen. Some form of flare is probably the most likely to completely stop the game for a while, get a few on and the stewards will be running around for half hour looking for more sand. Providing it's ideally thrown from a lower tier so there's no risk of any harm to fans and away from any players it's also perfectly safe.
  • Options
    Flying stuff in via drones is shakey business imo. If they wanted to the OB could see themselves as entitled to make terrorism related arrests for flying things in to a crowded public area. I'm also aware that for some drones (those that carry cameras etc) you do need some sort of pilot licence these days.

Just think it's a bit of a non starter
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Only trouble is with any of these ideas is we don't know what the searching will be like till the day. If it's anything like yesterday it'll be a field day with all sorts being thrown on, but I have a feeling Katrien will make sure the stewards actually bother this time. Let's just hope they don't listen. Some form of flare is probably the most likely to completely stop the game for a while, get a few on and the stewards will be running around for half hour looking for more sand. Providing it's ideally thrown from a lower tier so there's no risk of any harm to fans and away from any players it's also perfectly safe.

If you think it's such a good idea, go for it, just be prepared to accept all the consequences that go along with that.

• Options

Flying stuff in via drones is shakey business imo. If they wanted to the OB could see themselves as entitled to make terrorism related arrests for flying things in to a crowded public area. I'm also aware that for some drones (those that carry cameras etc) you do need some sort of pilot licence these days.

Yeah you are probably right :)

It is tough thinking of ideas that can be stepped up without breaking the law :(
  • Options
    Sprouts is the way.

Thousands of them.

Effective and symbolic.
  • Options
    sm said:

If the Football League are really concerned then they might start by taking their own fit and proper criteria for directors seriously. No salary is declared by Katrien/who ever is the highest paid director in the club's latest financial statements - the law is quite clear in cutting our devices such a getting other companies to pay the emoluments http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2008/410/schedule/5/made. If Katrien/others want to parade themselves as directors of Charlton then the law is quite clear - the total emoluments they receive for doing so and those of the highest paid director have to be disclosed - I don't think ignorance is much of an excuse especially for a lawyer. If any of Katrien's puppets are reading this perhaps they might let her know.

We're trying to look into this already. We think that even if RD is paying KM through Staprix or another company, it should be declared as a related party transaction.
  • Options

We need something which will take as long as possible to clear up

get drunk and be sick.
    A flash vomit mob :smile:
  • Options
    Whistles will also work very well still...
  • Options
    C4FC4L1f3 said:

Yeah you are probably right :)

It is tough thinking of ideas that can be stepped up without breaking the law :(
    Paper aeroplane. Get a template printed. They can't take a piece of paper off you. 100,000 paper aeroplanes would cause some minor disruption. On top of balls sprouts everything else.

I don't think we can solely rely on CARD for this one. Let them provide the material for the first minute delay. Then they can say " we only want to disrupt the beginning of the game, not the whole thing!" After that it is the duty of every Charlton fan to bring in something to throw on the pitch and cause a second delay. 2 delays both 10+ min with maybe a couple other minor delays would be ideal!
  • Options
    If we wanted to really hurt RD , how about putting salt or plant seeds into balloons that will then end up on the pitch... Would mean the pitch is completely ruined by the time summer comes and could be very costly to fix!
  • Options

sm said:

If the Football League are really concerned then they might start by taking their own fit and proper criteria for directors seriously. No salary is declared by Katrien/who ever is the highest paid director in the club's latest financial statements - the law is quite clear in cutting our devices such a getting other companies to pay the emoluments http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2008/410/schedule/5/made. If Katrien/others want to parade themselves as directors of Charlton then the law is quite clear - the total emoluments they receive for doing so and those of the highest paid director have to be disclosed - I don't think ignorance is much of an excuse especially for a lawyer. If any of Katrien's puppets are reading this perhaps they might let her know.

We're trying to look into this already. We think that even if RD is paying KM through Staprix or another company, it should be declared as a related party transaction.
    I thought she resigned.