Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Burnley Protests.

Comments

• One thing that they can't stop people taking into the ground is their season ticket. It's the last game of the season so is not needed after entrance is gained. 10,000 season tickets being thrown on the pitch would be quite a symbolic gesture.
    Other than that stress balls or something similar being thrown on every 10 mins would be good.

Something not as easy to remove as a beach ball but which has certain aerodynamic properties and won't hurt anyone ... and which has to be actually picked up, one by one thus causing maximum delay. Season tickets would work for sure ... but beware retributions for those who plan to renew.
  • One thing that they can't stop people taking into the ground is their season ticket. It's the last game of the season so is not needed after entrance is gained. 10,000 season tickets being thrown on the pitch would be quite a symbolic gesture.
    Other than that stress balls or something similar being thrown on every 10 mins would be good.

I raised this earlier as a symbolic gesture. If not thrown on the pitch they could be left on the s/t holder's seat in an envelope addressed to Katrien. Simple and effective.

on the pitch but remove them from the plastic wallet and then throw them both on, twice as much crap to clear up
  • Your details will be on the season ticket. They will have evidence if they can prove you threw it.

I like the idea of very tacky stickers stuck on as many seats as possible. Really sticky glue that needs industrial means to remove.

(Not the pathetic sticky labels I seem to get every time I order some).
  • Someone spray painting Roland Out on the sofa NWO style would be pretty hilarious.

Round Up on the pitch would be funnier.

Though, obviously, completely wrong and illegal.
  • smsm
    edited April 2016
    Would not be fair not to disrupt the Burnley game given that the ones against Boro and Brighton were disrupted as well - if they cannot handle it as well as Brightin did then they don't deserve to be Champions!
  • Addickted said:

With the FA opening an investigation into our recent protests I'm expecting the game to be played behind closed doors. Hope I'm wrong.

I do hope so.

Great publicity, loss of income for the Club and we can demand a percentage of our ST money back as Charlton would be unable to fulfil their contractual requirements.

Yeah, and in truth I only bought a season ticket for the last game of the season to see the Championship trophy, so I'd want all my money back!
  • Sponsored links:

• If this went to the ombudsman on football matters.
    As CAFC supporters have stopped two matches,
    Only the Jimmy Seed Stand should be open for away fans
    And only Seb Lewis will be allowed to attend as he provides
    the half time entertainment with his well known party trick.
    CAFC Journos like Kevin Nolan and Nigel Louis Mendez could also give feed back.
    Duchatelet would have to refund his customers,
    Burnley fans will be Happy while singing your support is fuc#ing shit.
    They can also collect their trophy if other results go their way.
    CAFC fans can protest outside the West stand so the club will still have to pay for security.
    No food will be purchased in the ground except for Burnley fans.

I know this won't happen because Brighton and Middlesbrough would complain. but that's sounds like justice to me.

Followed by Duchatelet saying he will sell to the highest bidder as he bought the wrong club.
  • sm said:

The post match protest should be inside our stadium - Burnley can have their celebration in the car park if necessary.

Great idea ! Hope this is the case .
  • IA said:

From a Burnley site

DingleFan said:

Here is a simple solution to this problem.
    It would appear that the whole country is aware that there is going to be a demonstration, therefore, the Football League must also be aware.
    In that case, the FL should make it very public that, should the game be abandoned for whatever reason the penalty will be that Charlton will be relegated to the bottom tier of the Pyrmaid system which is 10 divisions from where they currently are.

I had been against forcing the match to be abandoned, but now they can stuff it. I hope Burnley is destroyed in a fracking-induced earthquake causing millions of pounds worth of destruction improvements and they're forced to play next season's matches in Hartlepool, the reverse of what happened to Carlisle United.
    You need to make sure that Dingle Fan isn't their equivalent of Colin or that other bloke who just got banned first.
  • Before Burnley fans start lecturing on us how to protest let us not forget that the way they do so in Burnley is to go out and vote for the BNP.
  • Please fuck off home,
    Sell up and fuck off home,
    I just don't think you understand.
    That no one wants you here,
    We've made it fucking clear,
    So please just, please just fuck off home!
  • i'll say it again, we should lower the Roland balloon into the ground attached to drones during the 1st half. That will grab everyone's attention.

Can we get one done of KM too, although it should come with a health warning. These days just looking at her smug face makes me want to vomit.
  • Sponsored links:

• If the game is played behind closed doors, CARD should ask for all fans to turn up and protest, as there will be no policing so the game will have to be called off :)

• rikofold said:

Let's abandon the sprouts idea. Get hit on the head by one of those lobbed from the back of the north upper - well it's no stress ball is it.

Or cook them first I guess.

ok' i'll part boil them first... nobody wants a squidgy sprout in their pocket
  • One of the key things is to get those at the front of the North Lower to throw anything that arrives with them forward onto the pitch. I saw people (other than the stewards) bursting the balloons - *no*, you need to send it on it's way, not play with it...
  • Balloons are a waist of time and money!
  • I've only got through the first coule of pages of this thread, but cannot believe the comments about being 'fair' to Burnley .......ffs....... whats it got to do with them ???? feck em.....- only Charlton fans would worry about the opposition team - this dredges new lows in my view of some Charlton fans.
  • Kap10 said:

I have some sympathy for the Burnley fans, who will have no real understanding of what is likely to happen, but I'm certain if the situation was reversed they'd do whatever they liked regardless of us. We're better than that.

What is your view on a match abandonment?
    May be counter-productive.
    Elaborate.
  • Not sure about the paper planes.

May take in a leaf blower or some machine (yet to be researched) that can be set to blow and shift bags and bags of confetti made from leaflets from the bottom of the west lower onto the pitch.

Needs to blow it a good 20-30 yards to be effective so might need a wind assist from the directors box.