Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Brighton post-match views 2016

Comments

• Off_it said:

Lol, is that for real? Fair play to him if it is.
    Still can't understand his comment at the end. Can someone print it?
  • Hi it was a good day to be a Brighton fan and proud that we joined your march and released lots of balloons. A steward asked me if I had any balloons on me and said yes, he said could he take them, I said no, they are mine and I am not breaking any rules, he shrugged his shoulders and let me pass. I hope we gave you the support you needed and thanks for the respect back, as the BHA fans sang, 'we never forget'. Hope to see back with us as soon as possible, you deserve a lot more. On the game, well we were poor, but had a couple of match winners. I Like that young forward, not many people give Bruno a fright, but he did (Goodman) ??, he looks a fine player.

Fans United, will never be defeated

Good post - you won't get an easier 3 point than that for a while. Hope you go up, I would say Charlton might do you a favour and beat Burnley last game.....but they won't.

Lookman is the player you mention. Ours for 2 more games.

All the best.
  • vffvff
    edited April 2016

seth plum said:

Our bog roll throwing skills could do with an upgrade, just sayin'.

I have to admit that the bog roll throwing was the only part of today's protest that upset me a tad.

I'm a recycling nut ....

....so would appreciate said tissue was well used beforehand next time.

Thank you.
    As long as the stewards put the bog roll in the recycling after they are on the pitch, it will still be fine @Fanny Fanackapan ! Probably not good for the lower sections as well if some dirty bog roll landed on the heads of those below (& that would go in the bin instead of recycling).

Streamers were mentioned earlier as being cheaper and less bulky. Can be recycled as well, though a few toilet rolls would be a symbolic and appropriate comment on Duchalet's stewardship and Katrien Meire's management of Charlton Athletic.
  • cabbles said:

Off_it said:

cabbles said:

I thought the west stand invasion was superb. They've asked for it. It may have come across as aggressive but that unfortunately is what they've invited on.

If she didn't realise just how much she's not wanted, I think she does now. Not that I would condone any threat of violence, but I do condone that pure aggression and very clear message.

Great work all round from everyone involved today

Let's go again at Burnley

I couldn't see it from the west upper. What happened?
    About 85 mins in some blokes came up through the stairwell and gathered at the gate you enter/exit the directors area seating from. Stewards completely unprepared. I dare say if any of them had wanted to there would've been enough force to get into the area, no problem. All of them thought better of it however, and just gathered by the gate and stairs. Then to the left of me some more chaps (even good old @AFKABartram) was with a few blokes on the stairwell to the left of me as I face the pitch.

Very forceful and aggressive move, but fully justified and no one over stepped the mark. She now realises what's she's up against. Unfortunately if she fears for her personal safety, perhaps she might think about why the fuck she's still here.

The amazing thing for me is that we're just going to carry on with this, so why the fuck do they want to be here for next season. There's no way back, there's not anything they can do to turn it round. It's a lost cause. If they want a war of attrition and they want to carry on, then so be it.

The most pumped I've felt leaving the Valley this season, and nothing to do with the team
    I think they are hoping that after the final match they will have three months of peace and quiet, and that by August the protests will have died down and if the side starts the League 1 campaign well, all will be forgiven and forgotten.
  • Hi it was a good day to be a Brighton fan and proud that we joined your march and released lots of balloons. A steward asked me if I had any balloons on me and said yes, he said could he take them, I said no, they are mine and I am not breaking any rules, he shrugged his shoulders and let me pass. I hope we gave you the support you needed and thanks for the respect back, as the BHA fans sang, 'we never forget'. Hope to see back with us as soon as possible, you deserve a lot more. On the game, well we were poor, but had a couple of match winners. I Like that young forward, not many people give Bruno a fright, but he did (Goodman) ??, he looks a fine player.

Great day , a huge thank you to each and every BHA fan!
    Today, for me was summed up by Charlton fans standing up and clapping after each Brighton goal!

• Riga on the pitch after the game and in the post match interview seemed like he might be leaving sooner rather than later
  • Think we're in danger of going down if we don't string something together in the last few games. Time to grind out some results.

Are you stuck in a time warp, Rodders ?

:smile:

• Sponsored links:

• We won't go down. Roland isn't even considering it.

Every Brighton fan should be really proud to be a Brighton fan at the moment. You came and did the job on the pitch and more importantly showed yourselves to be a great bunch of proper football fans.

You will struggle to find a Charlton fan who doesn't want you to go up as champions. All the very best to you.

ps- Hands off our Lookman. He's one of our own.
  • We're not going down. To think so would be myopic in the extreme.
  • Nug said:

Nug said:

Will Roland sell? No idea. (Suspect not). If he sold any idea who the buyers might be? (No).

Paul Elliot, Peter Varney to name just two who are fronting groups who want to own Charlton and try to move us forward rather than actually to move us backwards like these idiots.

By the way the classy players you mentioned Fanni, Diarra, Teixeira, Motta, Gudmundsson will all be gone in 2 weeks time.
    Why, what do you need to know? Can't really be any worse can they? We are in free fall.
    Names of parties involved, plans, funding would be a start.

Yes it could get worse.
    For instance - we could end up with an owner who changes the first team strip + clubs name and then attempts to re-locate out of the area.

Or none of those, but an Oyston type figure.
  • edited April 2016
    Was Red, Red, Robin played yesterday or was BDL ordered not to?

If it was I couldn't hear it in Covered End Upper.
  • Yes it was.
  • Good day all round. Didn't watch too much of the match but was I saw looked pretty dour. I had a great time volunteering for CARD. It was great to meet a few more Lifers. Surprised to be described as a 'well spoken young man' by one...

Protests worked well and had the desired impact. Credit to CARD as always. Atmosphere as pretty flat at points after the initial delay to the game. Credit to Brighton fans for trying to get 'we want Roland out' going in the gaps.

On that point all the Brighton fans I spoke to were absolutely brilliant.

The atmosphere only really turned hostile at the sight of the Directors box invasion. From that point on there were constant anti regime chants. I apologise to anyone around me I lost my head a couple times and got carried away!

Anyone know what went on in the North Lower leading to Joe and others being chucked out?!

And what happened at the post match protest over by the entrance to Bartrams? Saw a load of people rushing over there not sure what happened.
  • LenGlover said:

Was Red, Red, Robin played yesterday or was BDL ordered not to?

If it was I couldn't hear it in Covered End Upper.

It was Len yes.
  • Probably been said but Dortmund threw 1000s of tennis balls on the pitch which took ages to clear obviously more expensive , but something smaller is needed to really piss em off .
  • boogica said:

Probably been said but Dortmund threw 1000s of tennis balls on the pitch which took ages to clear obviously more expensive , but something smaller is needed to really piss em off .

Wrong thread sorry all .
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2016

We, Charlton, busk. We improvise. It is pathetic. May I give an example?

Two months ago, home at The Valley, we had the ball at our feet, 0-1 down in the second half, rushing forward on the right wing, oceans of space, 15,000 fans imploring him -

And the simplest pass went slightly behind. He had to go back, to retrieve. His mate tripped over. Our opponents seized the ball, advanced, swept left to right, and scored. We lost - again.

We have no technical ability. No toughness or intelligence. That is why we are facing Accrington Stanley.

Bore off. The last few home games have had little to do with performance on the pitch. Go back to ITTV for them to orgasm over your wind-ups.
  • boogica said:

Probably been said but Dortmund threw 1000s of tennis balls on the pitch which took ages to clear obviously more expensive , but something smaller is needed to really piss em off .

Brussel sprouts
  • boogica said:

Brussel sprouts
    That's the way to go.
  • boogica said:

Brussel sprouts
    That's the way to go.
    Yes having sprouts and frozen waffles for my tea.

• edited April 2016
  • @Uboat, did you mis type that message or is the blank in homage to @PL54?
  • @Uboat, did you mis type that message or is the blank in homage to @PL54?

Just my little tribute. Thanks for noticing.
  • JorgeC said:

What was going on with the East stand turnstiles today, myself and others around me were going a message on the screen saying Access Denied.... hang on you don't think the bitch is barring fans already who haven't renewed.

The stewards didn't have a clue what was going on, so i just walked in through a side gate.

Conspiracy theorists discuss...

Funny you should mention that but when I got to the East stand turnstiles a member of staff came over to me, took my season ticket and scanned it with some hand held thing. I remembered her as she had clocked me on Thursday with the banner outside the ground when Roland was sneaking out.

Awaiting early morning knock on door. However they will only find the non-football supporting Mr Tatters as I'm in Sheffield for the snooker.....

• Uboat said:

You're normally to the point but is this a point which is totally to the point? Or, is it a dot or a period? Or, is it a coded message? DOT - Duchatelet Out Today.
  • We, Charlton, busk. We improvise. It is pathetic. May I give an example?

Two months ago, home at The Valley, we had the ball at our feet, 0-1 down in the second half, rushing forward on the right wing, oceans of space, 15,000 fans imploring him -

And the simplest pass went slightly behind. He had to go back, to retrieve. His mate tripped over. Our opponents seized the ball, advanced, swept left to right, and scored. We lost - again.

We have no technical ability. No toughness or intelligence. That is why we are facing Accrington Stanley.

Bore off. The last few home games have had little to do with performance on the pitch. Go back to ITTV for them to orgasm over your wind-ups.
    Who is he on ITTV?