Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Brighton post-match views 2016

Comments

• Lol, is that for real? Fair play to him if it is.
  • TEL said:

Quality protesting.....shot of that smug bitch shaking her head at the protest said it all......just fuck off and soon. And Richard Murray hang your head in shame.....piss off.

So I take it you don't like her much then Tel?

• cafc4life said:

Wasn't ideal going for a dump on the hour mark and there was no bog roll. Try wiping your arse with a white balloon with Roland's face on.
    Scenes

Should have filled it up and then watched Roland's head explode

• Top marks to the Albion fans and good luck, how can RD ignore the obvious, GO soon.
  • Was Sanogo really injured or did Riga sub him off because he wasn't bothering?

All very odd but my guess is we have to wrap him in cotton wool as part of the loan deal and any slight niggle or sign of a recurring injury, we have to pull him out.
  • It's all about next season now, Jackson plays when it's to take the Club's interview slack, JBG will play out of his skin to get the best possible contract when he leaves us. Solly being taught a lesson for being out of line.

We aren't playing for results, the players are trying but those above them are not, compeitively, it really should be looked into at a FA board level.
  • edited April 2016

Flat atmosphere when the game started. Played at the same tempo as a pre-season friendly for at least the whole of the first half. We actually played quite well for stretches, particularly in the second half. And some of our players, individually, as they haven't properly gelled as a team, are classy: Fanni, Diarra, Teixeira, Motta, Gudmundsson (though a bit erratic). Didn't think Brighton were that special - if promoted expect a quick demise by them. However, didn't expect a result today anyway.

Story of our season really. The damage was done with the terrible run through September, October, November and December. Frankly we were lucky to stay up in 2013-14 and 2014-15 because in both those seasons there were really poor sides who finished below us. (Yeovil, Blackpool). The quality gap is clear when you consider that Millwall went down with 41 points last season, so 42 would have been sufficient to stay up. Not this year. We've been an accident waiting to happen since the spivs stripped us down to the basics in 2013 prior to selling.

Will Roland sell? No idea. (Suspect not). If he sold any idea who the buyers might be? (No).

The classy players you mention are the only players we have who are real Championship play-off challenge quality - add Cousins for effort - needs to learn to pass but maybe developing as a playbreaker - Lookman in a couple of seasons and a fast improving Nick Pope.

I watched Fox, Lennon, Makienok and Harriot and, on today's performance, they are, at best, League One players. When playing the ball from within your own half, please play the ball to feet, guys (Fox & Lennon) instead of giving it air - just watch the Brighton defenders when the ball was on the floor.

Fanni is fast becoming one of our best players but got a bit over confident at times but he linked up really well with JBG & Diarra.

Igor, I wonder if we'll ever see the same player who arrived at The Valley with such a bang - he works well off the ball but gives little else - even trying little dinks with a central defender right up his backside and losing possession in doing so when all he had to do was hold it up, shield it and win the free kick fom the overly attentive defender - Harriot the same - better to keep the ball than try fancy dinks and risk losing possession.

• Missed the march because it took an hour and a quarter to get from Lewisham to Charlton by train. Yes, it's amost like the train company/authorities/club didn't expect anyone to show so ran fewer shorter trains. Bastards.
    Brighton fans were fantastic.
    First half felt flat apart from protests, which were great.
    Second half, thought we came to life a bit, JBG was good and deservedly scored. Thought Harriott improved 2nd half as well. But can't complain that the better side won.
  • Nug said:

Will Roland sell? No idea. (Suspect not). If he sold any idea who the buyers might be? (No).

Paul Elliot, Peter Varney to name just two who are fronting groups who want to own Charlton and try to move us forward rather than actually to move us backwards like these idiots.

By the way the classy players you mentioned Fanni, Diarra, Teixeira, Motta, Gudmundsson will all be gone in 2 weeks time.
    </blockquote

Elliott and Varney are ''fronting groups'' who might buy the club. Exactly who are these people?

Our experience as a club since 2010 surely means we need a bit more information about potential owners?
  • Sponsored links:

• Nug said:

Paul Elliot, Peter Varney to name just two who are fronting groups who want to own Charlton and try to move us forward rather than actually to move us backwards like these idiots.

By the way the classy players you mentioned Fanni, Diarra, Teixeira, Motta, Gudmundsson will all be gone in 2 weeks time.
    Why, what do you need to know? Can't really be any worse can they? We are in free fall.
  • I do like the Tom petty song free falling. Never expected it to apply to Charlton :(

I've taken some selected lyrics:

All the vampires, moving through the Valley move left down Valley Floyd Road...

I want to write, Charlton name in the sky but we're free falling.

I am free, but we're free falling

(I realise I've paraphrased a bit there.)
  • Nug said:

Nug said:

Why, what do you need to know? Can't really be any worse can they? We are in free fall.
    Names of parties involved, plans, funding would be a start.

Yes it could get worse.
  • I saw Miere leave the ground via a black car/van about 5 ish, the sort of
    This Bobby snow (RIP) would drive!
    Chanted "liar liar " but whether she heard , I'll never know- Wish I'd made more of it but she looked a bit smug and sat in the front seat chatting away!

Can't wait for this B***h to leave our
    Great club
  • seth plum said:

Our bog roll throwing skills could do with an upgrade, just sayin'.

I have to admit that the bog roll throwing was the only part of today's protest that upset me a tad.

I'm a recycling nut ....

....so would appreciate said tissue was well used beforehand next time.

Thank you.
    As Leslie Phillips used to say "Oh nasty!!!".

On the other hand, I'd love to see how the stewards would react when seeking to remove said items from you on your way in to the ground....
  • edited April 2016
    Jackson, our captain, is quite correct when he said about relegation: "It's our fault, the players' fault."

Our players are small and weak. No guts in midfield. Minuscule wingers: a step-over once and dreams of Arsenal.

We got out of the Third with the superb Yann Kermorgant - note how he springs higher than Makienok, a foot taller - with the superb Bradley Wright-Phillips, hammering low and hard.

Harriott, Pigott, Ahearn-Grant. No. Nogoals. Strikers who can't score. Vetokele?: Do me a favour. This is my 50th season and I admire Killer, Flash, and Martin Robinson.

It has taken us eight months for our keeper to release the ball quickly - kick it low and laser-like; even Elliot used to do it, accurate and true.

May I remind folks about what our strikers ought to do when the Huddersfield defender has the ball? Close him down. Rush him. Sprint. Block. Suddenly, this season, Vetokele went for it - too late.

Jackson is right. The players themselves have failed us.

• Sponsored links:

• Now that's how to make a statement. Brilliant!

Well done all.
  • Why is PL54 banned? I must admit he winds me up but is banning the correct course of action? Unless of course he has made racist, sexist or violent remarks. I've always thought let the prat hang himself since I've learnt to ignore him and his mate Colin!!

I think the 146 abuse flags might have had something to do with it. He pushed himself over the edge today commenting that he hoped a fan been assaulted by stewards, which isn't very nice. Taken him across the line from snide troll to just a bit of a bastard really
    Good god I must have missed that...then yes he deserves to be banned.. emotions run high at the moment, but you should never wish violence on anyone, that's terrible.
    How about those that would punch RD, kick him in the balls etc?

• Took my four boys ,without wife , for the first time and they loved all the protests .
    They've all learnt a few choice words and two of them joined the feral group by the NW corner flag where kids were lobbing any old crap on the pitch .
    4 year old wouldn't stop singing we want Roland out and we nicked a beach ball to take home .
    Not sure I'll be bringing them to the last game , with the early kick off and them having footy training etc but I'll be there
    Went past a new Frankie and Bennys down the Woolwich Road and said we'd give it a go next season to the boys and then said well when Rolands gone
    Thanks Roland get out of OUR club

Special mention to the Brighton fans - respect to them for their Roland out chants and turning up behind the West Stand for the after match protests ,
    I doff my hat to you

That group of kids by the NW corner were terrific, running up and down the stairs getting more stuff to throw.
  • edited April 2016
    We, Charlton, busk. We improvise. It is pathetic. May I give an example?

Two months ago, home at The Valley, we had the ball at our feet, 0-1 down in the second half, rushing forward on the right wing, oceans of space, 15,000 fans imploring him -

And the simplest pass went slightly behind. He had to go back, to retrieve. His mate tripped over. Our opponents seized the ball, advanced, swept left to right, and scored. We lost - again.

We have no technical ability. No toughness or intelligence. That is why we are facing Accrington Stanley.

• Took my four boys ,without wife , for the first time and they loved all the protests .
    They've all learnt a few choice words and two of them joined the feral group by the NW corner flag where kids were lobbing any old crap on the pitch .
    4 year old wouldn't stop singing we want Roland out and we nicked a beach ball to take home .
    Not sure I'll be bringing them to the last game , with the early kick off and them having footy training etc but I'll be there
    Went past a new Frankie and Bennys down the Woolwich Road and said we'd give it a go next season to the boys and then said well when Rolands gone
    Thanks Roland get out of OUR club

Special mention to the Brighton fans - respect to them for their Roland out chants and turning up behind the West Stand for the after match protests ,
    I doff my hat to you

Was that your kids? I sat behind them for a while yesterday and laughed at them making water bomb after water bomb and lobbing them on to the pitch whilst the security guards just stood and watched. Might be a tactic for last game. Bring thousands of children to throw things.
  • Couple of mine and friends kids were down there and I sent my ten year old to keep a check on them, they were involved in making them but not throwing them on
    If they're like their old man they'll need a beer inside them before they jump on the wrong side of the law !
  • I moved to that corner in the second half and was tempted to offer a tenner to the first kid that could reach the centre circle, they had such a rapport with the stewards, St Johns and the police that they'd have easily gotten away with it