Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Brighton post-match views 2016

Comments

• Felt like a pantomine today. Ludicrous first goal and constant stream of interruptions.

Brighton fans seemed to love the 'Roland out' chant and Stockdale took the protests in good humour - seemed happy to use the bog roll that had been lobbed at him.

Protests were what it was all about today.
  • Off_it said:

Off_it said:

We said goodbye to the people we sit next to today. They aren't renewing and neither are we.

Might bump into them one day I guess, but how the fuck did it come to this?

I guess you have just grown apart.
    Eh?

Or are you trying to be "funny"?
    No only messing about. Probably not the best comment I've ever made. Apologies if it pissed you off mate.
    Ok, no worries. Appreciate the response.

• seth plum said:

Our bog roll throwing skills could do with an upgrade, just sayin'.

Felt like being back in the 70s with all the bog roll flying onto the pitch.
  • What was going on with the East stand turnstiles today, myself and others around me were going a message on the screen saying Access Denied.... hang on you don't think the bitch is barring fans already who haven't renewed.

The stewards didn't have a clue what was going on, so i just walked in through a side gate.

Conspiracy theorists discuss...
  • Was Sanogo really injured or did Riga sub him off because he wasn't bothering?

Was wondering this?! Looked to me like he asked to be taken off then walked straight down the tunnel like a child.
  • Was Sanogo really injured or did Riga sub him off because he wasn't bothering?

Was wondering this?! Looked to me like he asked to be taken off then walked straight down the tunnel like a child.
    Sanogo appeared to me to be making no effort....
  • Sponsored links:

• When I saw Big Mak warming up I said it would be Sonogoals going off. No effort, lazy, taking the piss, wasn't injured. Eff off with Roland mate.
  • edited April 2016
    Sanogo signaled the bench about a minute before he went off. Hamstring I think.
  • Fair play to the protests today, but whoever trashed the toilets in the North Upper, rank out of order!
  • Sanogo signaled the bench about a minute before he went off. Hamstring I think.

You are correct Clem, he went off holding the top of his leg.
  • Off_it said:

Shame the wind stopped the balloons making the pitch.

If that lot had gone on the pitch it would of been a very long delay.
  • Flat atmosphere when the game started. Played at the same tempo as a pre-season friendly for at least the whole of the first half. We actually played quite well for stretches, particularly in the second half. And some of our players, individually, as they haven't properly gelled as a team, are classy: Fanni, Diarra, Teixeira, Motta, Gudmundsson (though a bit erratic). Didn't think Brighton were that special - if promoted expect a quick demise by them. However, didn't expect a result today anyway.

Story of our season really. The damage was done with the terrible run through September, October, November and December. Frankly we were lucky to stay up in 2013-14 and 2014-15 because in both those seasons there were really poor sides who finished below us. (Yeovil, Blackpool). The quality gap is clear when you consider that Millwall went down with 41 points last season, so 42 would have been sufficient to stay up. Not this year. We've been an accident waiting to happen since the spivs stripped us down to the basics in 2013 prior to selling.

Will Roland sell? No idea. (Suspect not). If he sold any idea who the buyers might be? (No).
  • A bit of a non game for us, happy for Brighton to win (which makes the top of the table really interesting, with all 3 teams on 47 points)
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2016

A bit of a non game for us, happy for Brighton to win (which makes the top of the table really interesting, with all 3 teams on 47 points)

47?!? - still out of reach for us. Could make the play off though (:
  • A bit of a non game for us, happy for Brighton to win (which makes the top of the table really interesting, with all 3 teams on 47 points)

Ahem 87 points :smile:

It does mean that our final game against Burnley will be crucial for them, especially as GD is close as well

It does mean that our final game against Burnley will be crucial for them, especially as GD is close as well
    Might as well add the 3 points for Burnley now.

It could come down to goal difference, both for the title and automatic promotion

It could come down to goal difference, both for the title and automatic promotion
    An improvement for the Clarets from 3 upwards then :open_mouth: .
  • Got the distinct impression that Riga is on the way out.
  • sm said:

Although there were some decent individual perfomances, Pope and JBG stood out, we were incredibly disjointed as we have been for most of the season. Very noticeable how when there were stoppages in play how the Brighton players were all talking to each other and pointing out different things to try - our lot just stood around like statues with hardly a word being said.

To be fair, getting a good team spirit is hard enough with a relegated side, never mind one in which the majority of players won't be around in a month's time anyway