Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Congratulations Ademola Lookman

Comments

• Give him a regular run and he'll do fine. He won't score goals like that every week but he's worth having in the side.
  • ross1 said:
    That was a good read, despite all the ads haha.

BBC article on him here too: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54592325
  • ross1 said:
    That was a good read, despite all the ads haha.

BBC article on him here too: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54592325
    The original article in The Athletic is much better. It's paywalled. But there is a really good deal for a sub there, which I highly recommend. And if you want another reason, this is the media outlet showing the most interest in nailing our gang of villains.
  • What's the link for the Athletic article Prague?
  • Shittest penalty I've ever seen. Tries a panenka penalty in the 99th minute and misses badly. Would lose it if I'm the manager! 
  • Sponsored links:

• That'll be his confidence shot and game after game from here he'll slowly get worse before joining his next club

• Dazzler21 said:
    That'll be his confidence shot and game after game from here he'll slowly get worse before joining his next club

Well we took some bloke called Kermorgant on & that didn’t work out so bad...sure he too will get over it...chin up Looky

just a fookin shame he missed against taxpayers united 
    Each time he's been embarrassed he balls up like a hedgehog. It's sad, but I can see it happening again.
  • sam3110 said:
    If you are willing to try a stupid penalty like that, you need to suck up the consequences when you fuck it up
    100%. Potential destroyer of careers.
  • meldrew66 said:
    sam3110 said:
    If you are willing to try a stupid penalty like that, you need to suck up the consequences when you fuck it up
    Yann Kermorgant's career did pretty well from it.
  • What a f*****g twat. I bet the dressing room was fun after the game.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    meldrew66 said:
    sam3110 said:
    Best we sign him when we go up.
  • In fairness to him, he's tried that penalty before for England and has scored, so maybe he felt that at that point in the game he'd go with what he thought worked. 
  • edited November 2020
    Dazzler21 said:
    meldrew66 said:
    sam3110 said:

2+2= 5  wrong.

It was fortunate for Charlton that No English club AND LEICESTER wanted Yann after his failed attempt at a Panenka in the penalty shoot out.

Plus Chris Powell knew his potential talent having been the coach at the midland club.

• Sponsored links:

• I hope he can recover from it, but as @Dazzler21 says, he usually goes into his shell after things go wrong 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    meldrew66 said:
    sam3110 said:

2+2= 5  wrong.

It was fortunate for Charlton that No English club AND LEICESTER wanted Yann after his failed attempt at a Panenka.

Plus Chris Powell knew his potential talent having been the coach at the midland club.

yes was very fortunate for us,because of CP but who’s to say it wouldn’t have worked for him elsewhere...anyways so basically,the point is YK got his nut down,got his mojo back & did pretty well from it...👍
  • Unless he finds blistering form which sees him taking the league by storm, this will follow him around for a long time.

I don’t get the Kermorgant comparisons either. Both completely different players, and whilst I hate to say it, this sort of thing happening in a Premier League game makes more headlines.
  • cafctom said:
    Unless he finds blistering form which sees him taking the league by storm, this will follow him around for a long time.

I don’t get the Kermorgant comparisons either. Both completely different players, and whilst I hate to say it, this sort of thing happening in a Premier League game makes more headlines.

There's a comparison because if you take a penalty that Harry Redknapp's wife can save because you try to be flash then Ademola will have to take the flak just like Yann did from Leicester fans.

Lookman may be fortunate that's it's Fulham who may be more forgiving.

If Millwall, would've to be moved to a safe house and have a new identity. 

•  KentishAddick said:
    I hope he can recover from it, but as @Dazzler21 says, he usually goes into his shell after things go wrong 
    He could also go the other way and negatively effect his game by trying too hard to put it right. It's a shame because when he's in the right headspace he's a very good player. Probably the best Charlton player I've seen at shooting from distance.
  • Last season Mitrovic scored 4 outta 5 pens for Fulham .. this season he's scored 1 and missed 1 .. question is did Mitty bottle the chance to take yesterday's pen and if there was a problem why did captain Cairney not intervene ?

• Last season Mitrovic scored 4 outta 5 pens for Fulham .. this season he's scored 1 and missed 1 .. question is did Mitty bottle the chance to take yesterday's pen and if there was a problem why did captain Cairney not intervene ?

Mitrovic had done his hamstring which is why he didn’t take the penalty.
  • If anyone hasn't seen it, this is well worth 2 minutes of your time.

https://www.skysports.com/football/west-ham-vs-fulham/video/428916

What on earth possessed him to try that?