Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Congratulations Ademola Lookman

Comments

• Options
    T said:
    He gave an interview in the Guardian before Christmas https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/dec/06/ademola-lookman-rb-leipzig-interview-world-cup-denzil-washington

Sounds like he's still adapting, didn't have a proper pre-season with them and a few injuries.  I hope he sticks it out for a bit longer.

“If I have to think about what I’m going to do I don’t do it well,” he says. “When I’m instinctive I do things off the cuff and it just comes naturally.”

How many players have we seen over the years, where this so true ........eh, Kevin Lisbie and all?

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Signed on loan at Fulham 
    Do they still have that other whizzkid winger?
    Do you mean Sessegnon? If so, he’s at Tottenham. 
  • Options
    Will be interesting to see how he does at Fulham. By all accounts he's just not arsed in training and that's why he's never been able to get consistent appearances under various different managers. I hope he sorts that out, because Fulham aren't getting anywhere without graft and he'll not be popular if he's just strolling about in training again.
  • Options
    Hope he doesn’t go the same way as Diego Poyet but it’s a lesson in jumping to a big club too soon. Although, he had little say in his move to Everton, I know. 
  • Options
    Signed on loan at Fulham 
    Lucky bastards ... good luck Ade
  • Options
    Another one who I thought was somewhat overrated, all a matter of opinion I guess.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    A top Championship side would have been a better option. Even after Timo Werner left, Lookman still struggled to get many minutes at Leipzig.

Being in a poor Fulham side won't help him as his defensive game was fairly weak from memory. Talented lad with ball at feet but a long way to go football wise despite his healthy bank balance 

Personally think League 1 would have been good for him. Rebuild that confidence lost.  ;)
  • Options
    Good luck too him.
  • Options
    Another one who I thought was somewhat overrated, all a matter of opinion I guess.
    With you there. I think we did well with the fee we got for him.

Compare & contrast him & Joe Gomez.
  • Options
    I want Lookman to do well because of the Charlton connection, but he's not the man to save you from a relegation battle.

Incredibly talented boy though. I hope he knuckles down and puts in a proper shift for the sake of his career.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Will be interesting to see how he does at Fulham. By all accounts he's just not arsed in training and that's why he's never been able to get consistent appearances under various different managers. I hope he sorts that out, because Fulham aren't getting anywhere without graft and he'll not be popular if he's just strolling about in training again.
    Whatever anyone's views re Scott Parker his work ethic cannot be denied.

Personally, I think Lookman (when with us) worked a lot harder than he was generally given credit for and had the ability to create something special too.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Is he a number 10, a winger or a slightly deeper lying attacking midfielder? He didn't nail down a position when he was with us and I don't think any of his subsequent teams knew either.  Anyway best of luck with the move Ade.
  • Options
    Is he a number 10, a winger or a slightly deeper lying attacking midfielder? He didn't nail down a position when he was with us and I don't think any of his subsequent teams knew either.  Anyway best of luck with the move Ade.
    He's like Clive Mendonca with pace, quick feet and trickery in and around the box, composed with his finishing.
    No aerial strength though.

You need to put the right players around him, to give him support and a platform on which to perform.

• Options
    edited September 2020
    I am with you on that one, I said further back in this thread the move to Germany will not work out and be a waste of time whilst most said it will be the making of a future England star.

Another career down the toilet as he becomes a football journeyman. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    A top Championship side would have been a better option. Even after Timo Werner left, Lookman still struggled to get many minutes at Leipzig.

Being in a poor Fulham side won't help him as his defensive game was fairly weak from memory. Talented lad with ball at feet but a long way to go football wise despite his healthy bank balance 

Personally think League 1 would have been good for him. Rebuild that confidence lost. 
    Dazzler, is that a joke without a smiley or a genuine comment?
  • Options
    Massive waste of talent.  Left too soon and hadn’t learned his craft sufficiently but his agent convinced him to follow the dollar.  Has made multiple millions in the last 4/5 years and it must be hard to get motivated to work hard if your picking up a couple on million a year to do nothing at 22 years of age.

not convinced Fulham is the best place for him but nobody outside the top flight can afford him so that’s his only option

i wish him well and will follow this and hope it works
  • Options
    I think Fulham could be a good fit. There is a real talent there that seems to have gone backwards. He definitely needed a change of scenery. A fresh start.
  • Options

We had no choice with the Gomez fee.
  • Options
    Good luck to him, such a shame how he hasn't progressed as hoped. 

Not sure a relegation side who were a bit of a surprise to be promoted and look wretched at the back and quite limp in attack, is his best move. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

We had no choice with the Gomez fee.
    Though of course his contract was negotiated and his release fee agreed by our top quality CEO Katrien Meire while in her first year in the job.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Good luck to him.  Seems a very likeable lad and was a joy to watch.  Not quite worked since he left us but he is set for life and at 22 is still younger than many "stars" at the likes of Chelsea who are yet to kick a ball in pro football. 
  • Options
    Fiiiiiish said:

Not sure a relegation side who were a bit of a surprise to be promoted and look wretched at the back and quite limp in attack, is his best move. 
    I would say he is quite an individual player so could stand out there. Allied to that, there will be less expectation on him and he is playing in the Premier League and likely to get a lot of game time. It could be just the right opportunity for him.
  • Options
    Really wished we could have held onto him for a bit longer...but with Shitweasel in charge, that was never going to happen.

Hope he gets some time at a team where he is a regular and can start to push on again.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Dazzler21 said:

Personally think League 1 would have been good for him. Rebuild that confidence lost. 
    Dazzler, is that a joke without a smiley or a genuine comment?
    It was a joke about him returning to us instead. He's definitely at least a Championship player. 
  • Options
    Fiiiiiish said:

I would say he is quite an individual player so could stand out there. Allied to that, there will be less expectation on him and he is playing in the Premier League and likely to get a lot of game time. It could be just the right opportunity for him.
    I hope so and would agree if he had continued the form and the oppurtunities he had with us. But he has struggled to get games, or starts in those 3 years.

But maybe being back in London, still young, could definitley rejuvinate him and try and make up for lost time. 
  • Options
    Watched a few minutes towards the end of tonight's Brentford v Fulham match and noted that Ademola had come on as sub in another poor game for the visitors.

Commentator sounded very impressed with him and seemed to state he stood out like a sore thumb in the Fulham team.
  • Options
    Every podcast, interview and radio show I’ve heard have said he was levels above when he came on and looked a shining light for a poor Fulham team.

will be really interesting to see how he gets on with a run of games.
  • Options
    On the bench against Wolves now.

Commentator just stated Ade should be on the pitch before too long.
  • Options
    Has just come on