Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Congratulations Ademola Lookman

Comments

• Options
    Cawley needs to change that tweet. CAFC doesn't get a cut. Tightfisted Roland does. In his own words on the lines of "part of the lookman deal is going to the developed sparows lane training ground". and we all know where that went. 
  • Options
    I watched all of Lookman's home games for us.  When his tricks didn't work - it was about 50/50, with the pirouette, the cute step-over - he would pass directly to the opposition.  From which they would advance - and score.

Perhaps RB Leipzig have a better defence than ours.  Which was managed by weak men, and coached by Jackson.

Since Duchatelet no longer invests in us, it hardly matters if we miss out on sell-on cuts or transfer fees, as with Konsa and Aribo.  Who cares?  It's his loss.
    Fishing as usual Viewfinder.
  • Options
    I watched all of Lookman's home games for us.  When his tricks didn't work - it was about 50/50, with the pirouette, the cute step-over - he would pass directly to the opposition.  From which they would advance - and score.

Perhaps RB Leipzig have a better defence than ours.  Which was managed by weak men, and coached by Jackson.

Since Duchatelet no longer invests in us, it hardly matters if we miss out on sell-on cuts or transfer fees, as with Konsa and Aribo.  Who cares?  It's his loss.
    Did JJ shag your missus?
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    So with Lookman + Konsa’s moves this summer, plus what Gomez is likely with now we are talking about three players collectively valued at around £100M, that’s pretty incredible work by our academy. 
    Our role in Lookman is pretty small really. Signed from Waterloo aged 16 then sold 3 years later for a decent fee

By contrast the fees for Konsa and Gomez were much smaller AND we had them from a younger age, so the "expense" of developing them was much higher
    Whatever, I’m claiming him!
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Did JJ shag your missus?
    As if he’s got a missus
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    I spoke to the delightful Ms Meire when we sold Ademola and she said she deliberately inflated the price because she knew "the owners at Everton were both very wealthy and very stupid."

Sincerely hoping for a good sell-on too

Christ. A touch of the "pot", "kettle" going on there.
  • Options
    Lookie is my favourite ex Charlton player (now Yann has retired). I wish him well at RBL.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Weird. I remember the goals. But whatever floats your boat.
  • Options
    edited July 2019

Was our defence being coached by Jackson in the seasons Lookman was here? I am pretty sure he was not. 

I remember the 12 goals and 3 assists in 49 appearances at the age of seventeen or eighteen. 

I also remember him going to a new league in a new country and scoring 5, assisting 4 in 11 games. 

When he's played for Everton he has scored 4 and assisted 2 in 48 games. It's only been for them that he's seemed to struggle and that has to be either mismanagement or tougher defences in the Premier League, but he's done it in Germany, where their defences are set up similarly. Which leaves just mismanagement...
  • Options

Over £30m in transfer fees for a 21 year old would tend to suggest you have rocks in your head and and very wrong.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Over £30m in transfer fees for a 21 year old would tend to suggest you have rocks in your head and and very wrong.
    Have you ever seen a Viewfinder post that didn't suggest he has rocks in his head?
  • Options
    Viewfinder still hasn’t justified his scandalous post of a week or so ago inferring that JJ grassed up Tony Watt and that was the reason he had to leave us.
    He often drops in sly bits of unsubstantiated innuendo into his posts but then doesn’t reply to anyone who questions him about it .....enjoys fishing and spreading false gossip.
    Complete waste of space as far as I’m concerned.

• Options
    Has Lookman actually been sold or is it just more transfer rumours. 
  • Options
    Viewfinder still hasn’t justified his scandalous post of a week or so ago inferring that JJ grassed up Tony Watt and that was the reason he had to leave us.
    He often drops in sly bits of unsubstantiated innuendo into his posts but then doesn’t reply to anyone who questions him about it .....enjoys fishing and spreading false gossip.

What was Tony supposed to have done?
  • Options

IMG
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Have you ever seen a Viewfinder post that didn't suggest he has rocks in his head?
    Makes him one of my fav posters, posts are always entertainment.  Keep it up @Viewfinder
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

What was Tony supposed to have done?
    Ask Viewfinder, not that he’ll answer you of course.
  • Options
    Sky sports news reporting Ademola in Germany now having a medical, transfer value of £16m plus add on's reported.

If correct, and I believe it was reported we got £8m plus add on's from Everton.

Cafc could be in line for say 20% ? Of the £8m profit.

£1.6m not to be sniffed at, although LB will likely see none of it. 

• Options
    edited July 2019
    Sky sports news reporting Ademola in Germany now having a medical, transfer value of £16m plus add on's reported.

If correct, and I believe it was reported we got £8m plus add on's from Everton.

That’ll certainly pay Rolands graffiti bills.
  • Options
    Standard are reporting a 15% sell-on fee. If that’s correct, it’s another dismal example of poor negotiation by Katrien/Roland
  • Options

That’ll certainly pay Rolands graffiti bills.

Cleaning or spraying? 
  • Options
    I have to agree only transfer fee that they negotiated that was reasonable.
  • Options
    Blucher said:
    Standard are reporting a 15% sell-on fee. If that’s correct, it’s another dismal example of poor negotiation by Katrien/Roland
    £3.5m
    ill take that. 
    Could get Cullen for £2m and spend the rest on a striker 
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Blucher said:
    £3.5m
    ill take that. 
    Could get Cullen for £2m and spend the rest on a striker 
    15% of Everton's profit..... so only £1.3M
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    I agree that £8 million was reasonable as a basic fee but the majority of sell-on fees tend to be in the 20-25% range. Lookman was one of the most exciting young attackers available and, although we were in League 1, he had proved in our previous relegation season that he could do it on the Championship.

Still, I suppose the sell-on fee is 15% better than that for Konsa. It also presumably dilutes of one of Duchatelet’s demands for contingency payments should he ever actually get to sell the club. Gomez isn’t going anywhere and Pope has just signed a new contract at Burnley.

Good luck to Ademola in Germany. He certainly has a point to prove to Silva, who always preferred Walcott and Bernard, despite many inept performances.