Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CARD Statements for Todays Actions

12346»

Comments

• Fair enough about the reasons for no protests. However it felt like there was much less anti Roland sentiment yesterday than before. Fewer black and white scarves and pretty lukewarm anti regime chanting. Is end of season apathy setting in?
  • However it felt like there was much less anti Roland sentiment yesterday than before.

Due to less Charlton fans in the ground than other recent games.

Fewer black and white scarves

That's because of the clash of colours with Derby (which actually meant that there were a lot more!) - it was the same at Fulham with many wearing red on the day than black and white.

and pretty lukewarm anti regime chanting.

Again, because of less fans. There was plenty of Roland out chants, but the game was also quite intriguing and good to watch.

Is end of season apathy setting in?

Possibly, or at least acceptance of relegation.

• Couldn't care less about other clubs promotion chances, or how big a game it is for them. If getting a game abandoned or delayed brings more embarrassment to the regime (which it will) I am all for it
  • WSS said:

They'll be fine if they get a 3-0 gimme.

That would not happen.

Huddersfield were safe last season when they played Blackpool.

There would be uproar with the top 7 clubs if Brighton or Burnley were awarded 3 points and a 3 nil scoreline.
  • SDAddick said:

Davo55 said:

2. A desire not to spoil the Upbeats day was a key factor yesterday and a number of CARD organisers/volunteers were on the walk anyway, which would have impacted our ability to do something more eye catching.

To me, this should end the conversation about the Derby game. Many CARD members were doing something else, something I imagine they consider to be very important (and still connected to the club), so if nothing else logistically things would be very difficult. This is a group of volunteers limited in numbers and the amount of time they can dedicate.

On top of that, I would say that the Upbeats walk is more important than one day of protests. There's always next week...
    So unless I missed it why didn't CARD simply say just that?

No one would object and the club still inconvenienced by a such a relatively late announcement
  • Fair enough about the reasons for no protests. However it felt like there was much less anti Roland sentiment yesterday than before. Fewer black and white scarves and pretty lukewarm anti regime chanting. Is end of season apathy setting in?

I was at back of East Stand in front of Dimension Data box ...black and white scarves all around us.
  • I sit in the upper west stand block q and most of the very few people around me I had never seen before. have a feeling they where tourists looking for a cheap football match for the day, so it was very quiet up there.
    I expect the casual visitor will make up a bigger proportion of the crowd next season and so the atmosphere will be even flatter.
  • CARD asking for more donations after Saturday's cringe really is the straw that breaks the camel's back for me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Which camel?
  • SDAddick said:

Davo55 said:

2. A desire not to spoil the Upbeats day was a key factor yesterday and a number of CARD organisers/volunteers were on the walk anyway, which would have impacted our ability to do something more eye catching.

To me, this should end the conversation about the Derby game. Many CARD members were doing something else, something I imagine they consider to be very important (and still connected to the club), so if nothing else logistically things would be very difficult. This is a group of volunteers limited in numbers and the amount of time they can dedicate.

On top of that, I would say that the Upbeats walk is more important than one day of protests. There's always next week...
    So unless I missed it why didn't CARD simply say just that?

No one would object and the club still inconvenienced by a such a relatively late announcement
    I think if you read between the lines some key members have to some extent. Also, I suspect they want to keep the regime guessing, I don't think they want to tip their hand (no pun intended). For them it's best if their timing and motivation remain opaque.
  • After next weekend this thread is going to look silly :smile: as will lots of people on here :smiley:
  • mogodon said:

Why do so many expect something sensational every week? CARD and others have done a great job and will continue to. I imagine a fair deal is planned for the final two home matches. This week was about the Upbeats, after all. Not sure what those who are unhappy expect (in many cases riots and pitch invasions it seems) but look at the last three months and the amazing publicity for our cause, and also how it has clearly rattled the regime. I imagine the club was on high alert anyway, so in that regard there was an impact, plus the catering blockade seems to have been effective.

If nothing happens when we host Brighton and Burnley, then have a dig. But suspect it's not going to be an easy ride for Squirrel Face, Murray and the stewards ...

I heard on Saturday that the Greenwich Suite will not be used next season.
  • mogodon said:

Why do so many expect something sensational every week? CARD and others have done a great job and will continue to. I imagine a fair deal is planned for the final two home matches. This week was about the Upbeats, after all. Not sure what those who are unhappy expect (in many cases riots and pitch invasions it seems) but look at the last three months and the amazing publicity for our cause, and also how it has clearly rattled the regime. I imagine the club was on high alert anyway, so in that regard there was an impact, plus the catering blockade seems to have been effective.

If nothing happens when we host Brighton and Burnley, then have a dig. But suspect it's not going to be an easy ride for Squirrel Face, Murray and the stewards ...

I heard on Saturday that the Greenwich Suite will not be used next season.
    Another call center opportunity?
  • C4FC4L1f3 said:

After next weekend this thread is going to look silly :smile: as will lots of people on here :smiley:

You finally doing your pitch invasion
    There will never be a pitch invasion at the valley :)
  • C4FC4L1f3 said:

After next weekend this thread is going to look silly :smile: as will lots of people on here :smiley:

Not worried about looking silly, I look silly most of the time anyway. I liked the original protests when I could go along after the game and express my anger at what Roland is doing to Charlton. And it was free.
  • Sponsored links:

• C4FC4L1f3 said:

100% committed
  • C4FC4L1f3 said:

100% committed
    Wasn't it 200, last time?
  • CHGCHG
    edited April 2016
    More favourable mentions in the Guardian Football Weekly Podcast, Paul Elliot came out very well as I guess James Richardson knows him well from the Football Italia days, he said there wasn't a better bloke that could front a consortium.