Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CARD Statements for Todays Actions

Comments

• kentred2 said:

kentred2 said:

Trouble is everyone seems reliant on CARD for their protests. By the nature of its membership CARD will only ever be moderate in its ideas for match days, so the only way for hard hitting in ground protest is for others to follow their anger and act. Clearly there is not enough anger there as only a few do outside the CARD initiatives (and before it is said I have but looked like a lone wolf)

People have donated £20k+ to CARD. It's not unreasonable to expect them to lead and act.
    Do both. Donate and support CARD, and act directly old style in the ground.
    And like you said, look like a lone wolf. That was the whole reason CARD was set up, a 'coalition' of groups working together so we didn't have a bunch of individual protests that no one notices.
  • WSS said:

kentred2 said:

Trouble is everyone seems reliant on CARD for their protests. By the nature of its membership CARD will only ever be moderate in its ideas for match days, so the only way for hard hitting in ground protest is for others to follow their anger and act. Clearly there is not enough anger there as only a few do outside the CARD initiatives (and before it is said I have but looked like a lone wolf)

People have donated £20k+ to CARD. It's not unreasonable to expect them to lead and act.
    They are and they are. Just not in the way you want them to it seems.

If you feel like more should be done then get in touch and "join" them to discuss what can be done. It's not a closed group of people.

How anyone can possibly say that CARD has not done enough OR not raised the profile of our predicament to a global level OR not had an impact on disrupting and affecting the regime is beyond me. Other than hiring an assassin to take out KM and RD I'm not sure how people think we can "get them out" more effectively.

Uniquos.
    Not saying they haven't done good, they have. But then every now and then you see people dressing up and Arabs and Pinocchio and smiling for photos, it's embarrassing.
  • Card have done great, yesterday felt weird without hard hitting action as in previous two home games, I expect next week to be different, no problem with getting game abandoned now we are down, but don't think Brighton will take too kindly to it.
  • @Stig No need to apologize, I genuinely appreciate you pointing that out to me or I may still be trying to make a point borne in ignorance. Given the accusations of racism that have been thrown around, I completely understand your reaction, and if something like this ever comes up again I'll be sure to ask questions before jumping to conclusions.
  • WSS said:

kentred2 said:

If you feel like more should be done then get in touch and "join" them to discuss what can be done. It's not a closed group of people.

How anyone can possibly say that CARD has not done enough OR not raised the profile of our predicament to a global level OR not had an impact on disrupting and affecting the regime is beyond me. Other than hiring an assassin to take out KM and RD I'm not sure how people think we can "get them out" more effectively.

Uniquos.
    Not saying they haven't done good, they have. But then every now and then you see people dressing up and Arabs and Pinocchio and smiling for photos, it's embarrassing.
    Embarrassing to the regime for sure.

That why they got so upset about the Data Techniques people dressing up as pinocchios. They told them not to but up posters and banned them from the sponsors event.

The original protest with the pinnochios got a lot of publicity too.

Have the club met with Data Techniques as promised?
  • Sponsored links:

• WSS said:

kentred2 said:

Uniquos.
    Embarrassing to the regime for sure.

That why they got so upset about the Data Techniques people dressing up as pinocchios. They told them not to but up posters and banned them from the sponsors event.

The original protest with the pinnochios got a lot of publicity too.

Have the club met with Data Techniques as promised?
    Need to speak to @longtimeaddickted
  • The club promised to meet with Data one-to-one because they were "special". Data knew right away this was a lie.
  • kentred2 said:

I feel plenty of anger BUT not prepared to break the law. CARD have been innovative and well planned.
    I am Not digging CARD. Far from it. They have been fantastic. What I am saying is individuals need to add to it inside the stadium, instead of just moaning re the owner and what CARD does or doesn't do.
  • So apart from a few people having a bit of a jolly in fancy dress did anything actually happen yesterday? There I was thinking we were all taking the fight against the regime seriously.

He's bound to sell now that some camels were spotted in Floyd Road
  • The Dubai outfits were embarrassing, the situation we are in isn't funny. CARD have been brilliant but yesterday was a weak protest.

"You cant please everyone all of the time".
  • Sponsored links:

• Davo55 said:

The best way to ensure some fans can't bitch is to do fuck all.

And for most of us, that isn't an option.

Every action that charlton fans take that is within the law hurts the owner and CEO.....The time is running down on this season but before it is over other things will make headlines and charlton fans will be behind it.
    All action the fans take will chip away abit more of the corner stone ,which in turn will bring Roland and his CEO down.....Times will change and Charlton will belong to the fans oncemore.
  • Blackpool fans have already announced that there will be a pitch invasion on their last home game this season.
  • LoOkOuT said:

The Dubai outfits were embarrassing, the situation we are in isn't funny. CARD have been brilliant but yesterday was a weak protest.

Agreed mate. That thing you did, though... feckin hell! I can't imagine the hours that went into that. Really put yourself on the line there... I had my doubts, but it certainly came off. I won't forget that in a hurry. I hear Meire is beside herself. I think this could be the straw that broke the camels back.

Remind everyone... it just doesn't seem right that you haven't been given credit.
    Steady on. My opinion was that the dubai costumes trivialised the protests. I'm sure your opinion might be different, fair enough. But to take the piss for a cheap laugh seems poor.
  • Blackpool fans have already announced that there will be a pitch invasion on their last home game this season.

Fair play to them. The Oystons are a total nightmare- fit and proper persons my arse.
  • Some of the protests from yesterdays DERBY match.
    I have never seen the Thermos and Blanket brigade get that angry before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmGw1Y9L1W0