Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NFL 2016/17

Comments

• Options

Michaels and Collinsworth are currently the best duo around IMO. Will be watching the game from sunny Texas, was 20 odd degrees today and barely a cloud in the sky. :-)

What part of Texas Cal?
  • Options
    They'll never be as good as Pat and John
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Michaels and Collinsworth are currently the best duo around IMO. Will be watching the game from sunny Texas, was 20 odd degrees today and barely a cloud in the sky. :-)

What part of Texas Cal?
    I'm in Austin atm.
  • Options

sam3110 said:

What part of Texas Cal?
    I'm in Austin atm.
    Supposed to be one of the nicest cities in America, and as they don't have a team I guess the football fans there root for 'whichever Texas team is playing'?
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    sam3110 said:

sam3110 said:

What part of Texas Cal?
    I'm in Austin atm.
    Supposed to be one of the nicest cities in America, and as they don't have a team I guess the football fans there root for 'whichever Texas team is playing'?
    Texas is more about HS and college football especially Austin. Although they are not doing great at the moment
  • Options

sam3110 said:

sam3110 said:

What part of Texas Cal?
    I'm in Austin atm.
    Texas is more about HS and college football especially Austin. Although they are not doing great at the moment
    Yes they are crazy about the Longhorns around here. I know it's effectively the same game but I struggle to get to grips with the whole college ranking system and that's why I haven't paid it much attention.

Cowboys move to 11-1. Looking forward to the Giants game next weekend.
  • Options

sam3110 said:

sam3110 said:

What part of Texas Cal?
    I'm in Austin atm.
    Yes they are crazy about the Longhorns around here. I know it's effectively the same game but I struggle to get to grips with the whole college ranking system and that's why I haven't paid it much attention.

Cowboys move to 11-1. Looking forward to the Giants game next weekend.
    Most people don't understand the rankings, it's very subjective, but waited towards strength of schedule and traditionally strong conferences such as the SEC, Big Ten etc

Being undefeated doesn't mean much if you play in the mid Atlantic when you don't really play powerhouse college like Alabama, Ohio or Michigan.

Washington were undefeated and ranked 4th but hadn't played anyone special then they got whacked by USC.
  • Options

They'll never be as good as Pat and John

Couldn't agree more. Those two were the best ever sports commentators. Far better than those over here.

Currently I do like Al Micheals
  • Options
    As a summariser I think Sims and Aikman are the best.
  • Options
    Horrible having to support the cowgirls but with detroit giants and eagles to play needs must. By the way has it ever happened before that three teams from the same division make the post season?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes several times last few years.

• Options
    just found this from 2014

Since the change to 4 divisions per conference in the 2002 NFL season, this has happened 5 times, twice in the NFC East, and 3 times in 3 different AFC divisions.

2006 NFL season: NFC East (10-6 Philadelphia Eagles, 9-7 Dallas Cowboys, 8-8 New York Giants).
    2007 NFL season: NFC East (13-3 Dallas Cowboys, 10-6 New York Giants, 9-7 Washington Redskins), AFC South (13-3 Indianapolis Colts, 11-5 Jacksonville Jaguars, 10-6 Tennessee Titans).
    2011 NFL season: AFC North (12-4 Baltimore Ravens, 12-4 Pittsburgh Steelers, 9-7 Cincinnati Bengals).
    2013 NFL season: AFC West (13-3 Denver Broncos, 11-5 Kansas City Chiefs, 9-7 San Diego Chargers).
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

just found this from 2014

Since the change to 4 divisions per conference in the 2002 NFL season, this has happened 5 times, twice in the NFC East, and 3 times in 3 different AFC divisions.

2006 NFL season: NFC East (10-6 Philadelphia Eagles, 9-7 Dallas Cowboys, 8-8 New York Giants).
    2007 NFL season: NFC East (13-3 Dallas Cowboys, 10-6 New York Giants, 9-7 Washington Redskins), AFC South (13-3 Indianapolis Colts, 11-5 Jacksonville Jaguars, 10-6 Tennessee Titans).
    2011 NFL season: AFC North (12-4 Baltimore Ravens, 12-4 Pittsburgh Steelers, 9-7 Cincinnati Bengals).
    2013 NFL season: AFC West (13-3 Denver Broncos, 11-5 Kansas City Chiefs, 9-7 San Diego Chargers).

Cheers.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    It'll be typical should both the Giants and Redskins get in this year, that the Cowboys look like taking the #1 seed also.

Hypothetical:

#1 Cowboys
    #2 Seahawks

#6 Redskins @ #3 Lions
    #5 Giants @ #4 Falcons

Do you really see both Washington and New York losing those games? It'd be just unlucky to end up against one of the two and lose in a cagey division style game.
  • Options
    Blind dog chance for Cincy tonight, still got the Steelers & Ravens as divisional games to come (Browns dont count!!), we could still do it.

Pass the dutchie, although with that statement I think I've probably had enough
  • Options
    Steelers are on Sky again tonight

We're the NFL equivalent of Sky showing Leeds games.
  • Options
  • Options
    From now on only go for 2 pointers Marvin, ffs!!
  • Options
    Chiefs win again. Oakland next up on Thursday.
  • Options
    C'mon Giants smash Pittsburgh's men of Steel #playoffsherewecome
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Huge game Thursday v Oakland. These Chiefs ain't bad you know
  • Options
    Cowboys are in the play-offs!
  • Options
    The 'Raider Country' road show just keeps on rolling!
  • Options
    Did not expect that huge Bengals win v Eagles.

Not sure if the Ravens have finally got their offence together or if that was a bit of a fluke against the Dolphins. Flacco spreading the ball about well, just wish they'd get Dixon more involved or at least give him a defined role.
  • Options
    Pretty funny, but giving away a penalty any day of the week so pretty moronic. Crazy how players still showboat knowing it's costing their team yards - coaches must despair at times.

I do blame the NFL quite a bit though, it's all a bit of fun really? Like the yellow card for shirt-off goal celebration in football.
  • Options
    P.S. 7-6 in fantasy and need a win to get playoffs... Start Big Ben @ Bills or Dalton vs Browns? Cannot decide, leaning towards Dalton but I love Roethlisberger too much.
  • Options

Pretty funny, but giving away a penalty any day of the week so pretty moronic. Crazy how players still showboat knowing it's costing their team yards - coaches must despair at times.

I do blame the NFL quite a bit though, it's all a bit of fun really? Like the yellow card for shirt-off goal celebration in football.

He did it with about 40 secs left in the game and up 14 points. Jack del rio was laughing as he knows he wouldn't put the team in trouble
  • Options

He did it with about 40 secs left in the game and up 14 points. Jack del rio was laughing as he knows he wouldn't put the team in trouble
    Ah, in that context it's obviously fine.

But I think players do generally give yards away for it in situations where it'd be pretty frustrating? It's probably PAT kickers that bear the brunt of it though.