Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NFL 2016/17

Comments

• Options
    sam3110 said:

Happy Black Friday Eve everyone! Who's tuning in to 10 hours of holiday football?

I'll be watching the Cowboys!
  • Options
    Thanksgiving dinner demolished. Ready on the sofa with Ruffles and dip.

Hate to be that guy by Aretha's version of the national anthem was annoying.
  • Options
    That was the worst version of the national anthem ever. No ifs no buts!!
  • Options
    7th come from behind in the 4th quarter win for Detroit this year, clutch interception and field goal
  • Options
    To be behind in the last quarter every game this seasons and still have a 7-4 record is incredible.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Happy Black Friday Eve everyone! Who's tuning in to 10 hours of holiday football?

Watched the first two. Couldn't stay up for the third.

Zeke is unreal. Redskins pushed them all the way - two missed FGs there as well. Cowboys D looking much better and just swarmed to Rob Kelley. I still think the Seahawks will stop them but can't see anyone else troubling them in the regular season, fairly light schedule.

Lions still finding ways to win games but Stafford is regressing in yards and TDs over the last few weeks. Fun to watch though and good to have them in the playoffs. Vikings have blown it. No offence.
  • Options
    Second game was undoubtedly the best. The Norman/Bryant matchup was fun to watch.
  • Options
    andyg90 said:

Second game was undoubtedly the best. The Norman/Bryant matchup was fun to watch.

And they had a set too after as well. Bryants tweets were good.

Dez Bryant ✔@DezBryant
    All through the week I will post film how Norman got exposed...
    5:01 AM - 25 Nov 2016
    70,413 70,413 Retweets 83,944 83,944 likes
    Bryant ✔@DezBryant
    Boy stop... go watch the film.... the man can't cover one on one... I broke him down on so many routes tonight
    5:24 AM - 25 Nov 2016
    11,047 11,047 Retweets 16,559 16,559 likes
    Bryant ✔@DezBryant
    I'm not disrespectful to players in league ..I love this game but Norman takes it past football.. if you going spit fire be able to take it
    6:10 AM - 25 Nov 2016
    23,466 23,466 Retweets 39,786 39,786 likes
  • Options
    Cowboys are getting so good that even when Cousins was throwing completion after completion in the second half, I was completely calm about the whole thing.

I knew Dak, Zeke, Dez and co would have enough to keep them at arms length.

I think TRR might be right re: Seahawks beating the Cowboys in the playoffs but I'm hoping that the imminent returns of Church and Claiborne can sure up the secondary.
  • Options
    Cowboys, and in particular Dak, looked ridiculously good last night.

Stayed up for first half of Colts Steelers, couldn't stay awake after that though
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Being a true Bengals fan, its all come flooding back to me what its all about to support them. See you boys in the play offs in 10-12 years time.
  • Options
    Stayed up and watched Chiefs vs Broncos. OT win with the field goal going in off the upright. Chiefs staying in the playoff race.
  • Options

Cowboys are getting so good that even when Cousins was throwing completion after completion in the second half, I was completely calm about the whole thing.

I knew Dak, Zeke, Dez and co would have enough to keep them at arms length.

I think TRR might be right re: Seahawks beating the Cowboys in the playoffs but I'm hoping that the imminent returns of Church and Claiborne can sure up the secondary.

Cowboys should have home advantage for any Seahawks game now though.
  • Options
    Raiders keep getting it done every week, Cowboys haven't slowed down yet, my Pats aren't looking as slick as usual but getting results for the most part.... Should be an interesting run to the Playoffs now
  • Options
    Watched Mack's interception return to send Raiders 25-7 up at half time.
    Went to bed, had a look at score a bit later and Panthers were bloody winning !!!

Thankfully Carr came back from his injury to get the go ahead score again.

Still waiting for us to implode though.
  • Options
    Yeah, you have to credit Carr coming back in there. I went to bed after the panthers took the lead thinking it was over. Woke up this morning to find Carr and Crabtree got it going after that which was a nice boost for my fantasy team!
  • Options
    Jdredsox said:

Yeah, you have to credit Carr coming back in there. I went to bed after the panthers took the lead thinking it was over. Woke up this morning to find Carr and Crabtree got it going after that which was a nice boost for my fantasy team!

With Carr in you just don't think the Raiders will lose. Unfortunately if he does get injured the drop off is pretty big.

Still haven't put a full game in on both sides of the ball, but the sign of a good team is finding ways to win.
  • Options
    What a fantastic game between the Broncos & Chiefs last night. Don't understand the Broncos decision to go for the long field goal in OT which ultimately cost them the game, but you have to give credit to the Chiefs, especially the way they pulled out the last gasp TD & 2 point conversion to take the game to OT.
  • Options
    Denver is pretty much the only place you would try a meaningful 62 yard field go.
  • Options
    Interesting read on MMQB. Denver really needed the win, as they were behind both the Raiders and the Chiefs in the tie breakers. Plus, as was also pointed out, if they went for it, the result could have been just as bad, and if they punted, there was no guarantee the the Chiefs would have been able to get into field goal range. There was no "safe" option.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Was surprised Denver didn't go for two after their last touchdown. If they got it they win the game. If they failed the chiefs would still need TD and field goal to tie. No chance the chiefs try for 2 to win. They would take the field goal for overtime anyway.
    Glad they didn't though. Wins on the road against both the Raiders and Broncos.
    Oh and Justin Houston was immense.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Denver is pretty much the only place you would try a meaningful 62 yard field go.

And Baltimore. Justin Tucker is the best in the business.
  • Options
    I think he meant more re the altitude.
  • Options

I think he meant more re the altitude.

whoops, fair enough :-)
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    The Chiefs divisional record is 3-0 with Raiders 2-1 and Denver 1-3

I still see Chiefs winning this division
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

The Chiefs divisional record is 3-1 with Raiders 2-1 and Denver 1-3

I still see Chiefs winning this division

Ain't we 3-0?
  • Options
    yeah sorry - have amended
  • Options
    Can't help but like the Chiefs and Andy Reid. Great run they went on last year and it would be nice to see them make the playoffs.
  • Options
    Cowboys Vikings tonight, anyone watching?

As an aside, which commentary team do people like the most? I must admit I like listening to the NBC Sports duo Al Michaels and Cris Collinsworth
  • Options
    Michaels and Collinsworth are currently the best duo around IMO. Will be watching the game from sunny Texas, was 20 odd degrees today and barely a cloud in the sky. :-)