Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NFL 2016/17

Comments

• Options

P.S. 7-6 in fantasy and need a win to get playoffs... Start Big Ben @ Bills or Dalton ANYONEvs Browns? Cannot decide, leaning towards Dalton but I love Roethlisberger too much.

I would go with ANYONE against Browns
  • Options

Did not expect that huge Bengals win v Eagles.

Not sure if the Ravens have finally got their offence together or if that was a bit of a fluke against the Dolphins. Flacco spreading the ball about well, just wish they'd get Dixon more involved or at least give him a defined role.

Eagles are toast for a few more seasons, Pederson should be given time but they really have not shown anything at all since Andy Reid was sacked, at least with him we would consistently make the playoffs, often getting to conference finals (losing them, but at least getting there)
  • Options

P.S. 7-6 in fantasy and need a win to get playoffs... Start Big Ben @ Bills or Dalton vs Browns? Cannot decide, leaning towards Dalton but I love Roethlisberger too much.

Big Ben on the road though. I'd edge toward Dalton but there's a risk Bengals just run on Cleveland.

I'm considering setting up a Charlton Life ESPN standard league next year if there's enough interest. I'd like a minimum of ten teams.
  • Options

Did not expect that huge Bengals win v Eagles.

Not sure if the Ravens have finally got their offence together or if that was a bit of a fluke against the Dolphins. Flacco spreading the ball about well, just wish they'd get Dixon more involved or at least give him a defined role.

Eagles are toast for a few more seasons, Pederson should be given time but they really have not shown anything at all since Andy Reid was sacked, at least with him we would consistently make the playoffs, often getting to conference finals (losing them, but at least getting there)
    Big fan of Wentz. Desperate for some decent receivers. I don't think you're too far away from making the playoffs next year.
  • Options

P.S. 7-6 in fantasy and need a win to get playoffs... Start Big Ben @ Bills or Dalton vs Browns? Cannot decide, leaning towards Dalton but I love Roethlisberger too much.

Big Ben on the road though. I'd edge toward Dalton but there's a risk Bengals just run on Cleveland.

I'm considering setting up a Charlton Life ESPN standard league next year if there's enough interest. I'd like a minimum of ten teams.
    I'd be keen, much prefer Yahoo for fantasy (and having teams on different sites is a pain) but I'd join - yeah.
  • Options
    edited December 2016

Wont worry about our run game too much unless #32 decides to turn up. Dalton all day, despite our win record he's been playing pretty well all things considered although I am biased!!

Although it sticks I the craw Big Ben is awesome
  • Options

I'd be keen, much prefer Yahoo for fantasy (and having teams on different sites is a pain) but I'd join - yeah.
    I do the NFL.com its good especially as its head to head, but i would definitely join a CL one.
  • Options

I'm in Red
  • Options

I'm in Red
    I'd be willing to use Yahoo if preferred by everyone. I've never used it but it looks pretty good.
  • Options

I do the NFL.com its good especially as its head to head, but i would definitely join a CL one.
    I think they're all head to head. I'll revisit it nearer September but if anyone else fancies joining then let me know.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Since his debut, Big Ben has won more games in Cleveland's stadium than any Cleveland quarterback.
  • Options
    Well the Chiefs beat Raiders in a massive game. They now switch positions not only in division but also conference.

Chiefs now 2nd seeds and Raiders now 5th seeds.
  • Options
    Buzzing with the win but devastated for Derrick Johnson. Ruptured his Achilles' tendon. Fought so hard to get back this season and has been brilliant since.
  • Options
    Still a long way to go. Should just enjoy the win for now.
  • Options
    Strange game by Raiders. Losing KO an hour before the game was hard. Carr seemed to really struggle with his finger and the WR dropped more than balls than ever. The D at least turned up in the 2nd half.

Expected to lose this one on a short week and with so many injuries at least it's a mini break until we play San Diego in our 2nd home.
  • Options
    I'd join a fantasy league. In an NFL.com league at the moment but I'm sure I could easily switch to another system next year.
  • Options
    Nfl.com fantasy is by far the best. Where i drink there is 8 of us in a league we all put £20 in the kitty. Its semi finals this week and i'm number one seeds.Wish me luck
  • Options
    4 games again in London next year fixtures announced on the 13. Pretty sure it will not be the Raiders vs Pats as that is likely to be in Mexico.
  • Options
    Looking forward to 5-7-1 come Sunday night.

Nfl.com fantasy is by far the best. Where i drink there is 8 of us in a league we all put £20 in the kitty. Its semi finals this week and i'm number one seeds.Wish me luck

Good luck
  • Options
    edited December 2016

4 games again in London next year fixtures announced on the 13. Pretty sure it will not be the Raiders vs Pats as that is likely to be in Mexico.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/12/09/goodell-says-tremendous-support-in-london-justifies-four-games/

"The league has not announced any specific games that will be played in London next season, but it is expected that the Jaguars’ “home” game against the Ravens will be in London. The Rams are also expected to give up a home game to play in London."
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Saints @ Dolphins was announced for London a couple of months back I think
  • Options
    Think if you are awarded super bowl you have to give up one home game to London within the next five seasons.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Can't wait for one of the teams to relocate here permanently, problem is it has to be a popular or successful team to get the support.

Pie in the sky but imagine the London Raiders.....
  • Options
    Should be Baltimore, used to love watching the London Ravens play back in the day, watching Ron Roberts play catch with the American receiver they had (10 point bonus if anyone remembers his name) and Victor Ebubedike running through everyone. I get the added bonus of Cincinnati coming over every year
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Can't wait for one of the teams to relocate here permanently, problem is it has to be a popular or successful team to get the support.

Pie in the sky but imagine the London Raiders.....

No not the Raiders they need to stay in O town. Vegas is a great opportunity but I firmly want them to stay in Cali. Vegas only if nothing gets done.

The only team I think that will end up in London if not an expansion team will be the Jags.
  • Options

Should be Baltimore, used to love watching the London Ravens play back in the day, watching Ron Roberts play catch with the American receiver they had (10 point bonus if anyone remembers his name) and Victor Ebubedike running through everyone. I get the added bonus of Cincinnati coming over every year

I was at the London Ravens at Greenwich Rams regular season game back in the day. The Rams lost something like 13-6, but I think it was closest that the Ravens came to losing for about 5 years.

I also went to the playoff game between the two in Richmond. The Ravens won about 69-0, ouch!

Did anyone go to the Milton Keynes Bucks v Greenwich Rams game at The Valley? Strange game, 0-0 at the half, 36-0 bucks at the end.

I'm a bit hungover and just going off memory, so the above scores might not be exact!
  • Options
    Talking old school, saw Birmingham Bulls away at Hanau Hawks in Germany in 86 when on school exchange trip.

I was probably only person not playing cheering on Birmingham.
  • Options
    Handbags in Tennessee. Cheap shot by Harry Douglas, not wise to wind the Denver D up.
  • Options
    What a great win for the Titans. Really hope they make the playoffs. Such a fun team to watch and Mariota is the real deal, he's got everything.
  • Options
    Skins stay alive. Phew!! HTTR