Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Birmingham post match views 2016

Comments

• Hope updates were ok....that's Cup Final number one successfully passed....now onto Tuesday and Cup Final number 2, see you all on Tuesday evening...match thread from 6.45/7.00

I will not be available for the next two games to help with extra information, so just bring us 6 points please Red
  • Missed It said:

It's shockingly incompetent that they've essentially been forced to buy two teams in the same season.

I left Ceballos off my list as well! That's 5 recently signed players who are now out of favour
  • What's shocking is how few of the players who we signed last summer or during this season before Riga arrived are now featuring. Bergdych and Mak were on the bench, while Ba, Sarr, Johnson and Poyet didn't even make the bench!

I don't know who's responsible for the latest signings, but it's fair to say that all the player's we've brought in to the club since Riga arrived have improved the side

Biggest non surprise is that Poyet isnt near the bench at the moment
  • Sponsored links:

• What's shocking is how few of the players who we signed last summer or during this season before Riga arrived are now featuring. Bergdych and Mak were on the bench, while Ba, Sarr, Johnson and Poyet didn't even make the bench!

I don't know who's responsible for the latest signings, but it's fair to say that all the player's we've brought in to the club since Riga arrived have improved the side

Biggest non surprise is that Poyet isnt near the bench at the moment
    He's gone backwards since he left us. Such a shame they didn't send us Payet on loan by mistake.
    Poyet played regularly for MKD, so it's a big decline even this season
  • edited April 2016
    The protests and disruption tactics aren't going down well with those over on ITTV , with one poster saying the protests will effect whether people will want to buy us or not (putting them in a negative light!)

Can't believe people are still backing the regime , especially as we are almost certain for relegation (not jinxing it :wink: ), but due to a hard wasn't victory protests are bad etc... Amazed
    http://intothevalley.proboards.com/thread/19089/protest-group-latest-updates?page=8
  • 3:00pm Saturday 2nd April
    The Valley (Att: 15742)

and I am a monkey's uncle

Balls.
  • If we do go down which is likely then we stand a chance of bouncing straight back if we keep Jordan Cousins!!
  • Any idea if the FL will take action seeing this is second game in a row the match as been held up through the protest?
  • Excellent second half. Good performances all round. We were a lot quicker than them and made out pace count. Much is made tactically of the benefit of good diagonal balls, but time and again this afternoon what undid Birmingham was short passes played almost directly forward - presumably because their lumbering back line were so slow to turn around.

It would be unfair to highlight any one player as all played their part in a fine win. So I'll say this; Man of the Match: Card. That stress ball idea was genius!
  • Little ball protest and chants were effective - even the Brum fans slung a few onto the pitch.
    Brum were well organised and we were ineffective up front in the first half, so they were the better team. Harriet did well to ease the ball back to JGB for a great trademark goal.
    Lookman came on for the 2nd half and we improved as an attacking force. Diarra controlled the middle with accurate forward passing with Jordan doing the leg work. We were now the better team as we played the ball to feet. Lookman kinda mesmerised them. As in several of our home games this season the game was now very open and Brum should have hit the target more often when they broke for goal but they blew-it with Fanni and Tex reading their attacks very well. Foxy had a good game and Motta had another positive game. I like him but I love Solly more!
    Either team could have nicked the winner and blow me, it was us. Yay! I went home very happy on the train.
  • jamescafc said:

Any idea if the FL will take action seeing this is second game in a row the match as been held up through the protest?

Hopefully.

The protests will go on.
  • Sponsored links:

• jamescafc said:

Any idea if the FL will take action seeing this is second game in a row the match as been held up through the protest?

I wouldn't of thought so. Only a few minutes delayed. If i t was half hour or something then probably. Or if it was due to crowd trouble.

8000 Charlton today
  • sammy391 said:

The protests and disruption tactics aren't going down well with those over on ITTV , with one poster saying the protests will effect whether people will want to buy us or not (putting them in a negative light!)

Can't believe people are still backing the regime , especially as we are almost certain for relegation (not jinxing it :wink: ), but due to a hard wasn't victory protests are bad etc... Amazed
    http://intothevalley.proboards.com/thread/19089/protest-group-latest-updates?page=8

My blood pressure rises when I read the comments on there so I will just leave it to Colin.
  • I'm pleased I'd never Sen that proboards shot before and happy never to look at it again. What a load of drivel, life is too short.

8000 Charlton today
    If my maths is correct, with 3000 Brum and ca. 10k season ticket holders there must have been a minimum of 2500 walk ups today. If there were only 8000 Charlton in the ground, roughly half the season ticket holders aren't bothering. Damning.
  • sammy391 said:

So who is being refered to here ?:

"Whether you are a protestor or not, most of those around me found the antics today were just tiresome, tedious and puerile.

Apart from a snarly, baldy CARD bloke behind us who was doing his nut - "fuck off roland you belgian cunt etc" throughout the entire game. I asked him to pipe down because there were children present and he told me "we want our Charlton back" because the fucking belgians have stolen our club".

When we scored the winner, he didn't even cheer. The rest of us were going mental. I told him we'd got our Charlton back and he should be proud of Riga and our players. He said the result didn't matter , all that mattered was "getting the belgian cunts out".

Meire is right - some Charlton 'fans' (not all and it's only a minority ) - really are weirdos!"
  • Honestly think you must be weird to not celebrate a late winner, however in the grand scheme of things that delightful chap is right Roland needs to go.