Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Birmingham post match views 2016

Comments

• What happened with their keeper?
  • There's plenty of fight left in this side. I thought Motta and Tex were superb. Lookman must start on Tuesday, if he tires sub him.
  • Enjoyed that. Lookman MUST start all remaining games though. COYR

Didnt think he was much different to Harriott today to be honest... Felt he was really lightweight stuck out on the left and was really surprised that it wasnt Harriott who went out wide when the substitution was made, also showed a bit of youthful inexperience by shooting when he could have handed Vetokele a tap in.

Regardless though I'd have put my house on him putting away the clear shot on goal that Harriott skied so with having both him and Harriott I dont think its bad having one as an option from the bench, its just a case of ensuring that we don't use that player too late like we did against MK Dons.
  • Not sure Lookman can do a full 90 but agree he should do as much as he possibly can no matter

Of course he can do ninety minutes.
  • 1) Bloody nob'eads not giving the ball back with 10 minutes to go.

2) Lookman must start. If Reza gets fit again and replaces him, I'll get diabetes with rage.

3) Why did Riga take off JBG?!?
  • Really couldnt understand the JBG sub as felt he was controlling the pitch today.

I guess the issue was that Riga couldnt take off Cousins or Diarra because Birmingham were still very dangerous on the attack...

I'd maybe have taken off Harriott instead because Jackson almost took that position.
  • Sponsored links:

• 1) Bloody nob'eads not giving the ball back with 10 minutes to go.

2) Lookman must start. If Reza gets fit again and replaces him, I'll get diabetes with rage.

3) Why did Riga take off JBG?!?

Substituting JBG was bizarre....
  • What happened with their keeper?

Lost a fifty / fifty with Vetokele and spent five minutes pretending to be in agony...

Thankfully it was the one thing that the referee didn't fall for because (1) he didnt call for a physio (2) the sub goalie didnt warm up so... Why didnt you book him?
    Either way we should really thank him for wasting that time because had he not I would not have seen where at least 4mins of injury time would come from (i.e. so allowing us to win the match)
  • Really couldnt understand the JBG sub as felt he was controlling the pitch today.

I guess the issue was that Riga couldnt take off Cousins or Diarra because Birmingham were still very dangerous on the attack...

I'd maybe have taken off Harriott instead because Jackson almost took that position.

Think he was playing it safe as Guddy had just been booked.
  • My view in 140 characters without being at the game or knowing anything apart from goal scorers and what minute.
  • Does anybody have any links to the highlights that can be viewed abroad?
  • Good protests. Good result. Shame Fulham won but there's still hope for us.
  • I'm in America and the video isn't authorised in this region. Who took the corner if jbg wasn't on the pitch
  • Sponsored links:

• Lookman took them. He put a few outstanding balls into the box
  • No post-match protests today?
  • I'm in America and the video isn't authorised in this region. Who took the corner if jbg wasn't on the pitch
    Lookman.
  • First game I've been able to go to, due to work commitments, since JBG scored in the 98th minute against Hull. I went equally as ballistic today when Tex got the winner (also helped by having a tenner on him as anytime goalscorer at 17/2)
  • Really good post Seth.

It sounded like JBG was controlling the game, but between him being booked, him playing 90 minutes for Iceland on Tuesday, and the fact that he must be around the 45 game mark for the season, I can at least understand why he might need to be taken off.

I'm not just saying this because he liked two of my tweets, but Tex seems like a top man. Noticed he was tweeting during the Standard cup final a couple weeks back. Seems to really care about the team and interact with supporters. Really hope he's around for a good few years, seems a good player and a nice bloke.