Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Birmingham post match views 2016

"Win when we protest. We always win when we protest!"

Comments

• Have. Not. Been. Able. To. Breathe. In. Ten. Minutes.

Brilliant. Sounded well deserved and we fought right to the end.
  • I'm out of the country, what protests happened today
  • I'm sure everyone headered, volleyed or struck the balls with a bat so that no throwing of missiles occurred.
  • All we can ask of the team is that they win. Sounds like it was a good game and Brum are not push-overs, so a great result.
  • Sponsored links:

• Enjoyed that. Lookman MUST start all remaining games though. COYR

Will never happen unfortunately
  • Poor Gary Rowett. Imagine having to explain to your Board that you lost to Charlton twice in once season. His end of season review's going to be awkward

Maybe he feels sorry for his old club and was doing us a favour

Probably feels he owes for the wages he picked up whilst on the physio table.
  • Not sure Lookman can do a full 90 but agree he should do as much as he possibly can no matter

• Sponsored links:

• edited April 2016
    Class, class, class... Well deserved too. Made even better by the fact I backed us to win at 14/1 after 90 mins!
  • Not sure Lookman can do a full 90 but agree he should do as much as he possibly can no matter

Yeah been saying this for a while, he seems to play at such a high tempo that I'm not sure he could do it for 90 minutes. But sounds like he was absolutely excellent today. With Igor, Mak, Sanogoals, Lookman, Harriott, and JBG, it almost feels like we have some attacking options. Sounds like JBG was good today. He is a player who plays so much better with other solid attacking players.

I agree that with our team we should not be in this position. Seven full internationals on the pitch for Charlton. One more (Bergdich) on the bench, plus Hendo and Fox with call-ups. As much as I blame Fraeye's ineptitude and the ineptitude that lead to him being appointed, it should also be noted that this team wasn't finally put together until early February. Absolutely ridiculous.

I was listening on CAFCPlayer while watching the Norwich v. Newcastle game. Absolutely breathless football all around.

Lastly, @cantersaddick whatever works.
  • At last a proper Charlton home performance.
    Well done lads.

Fanni - Excellent
    Diarra - Superb
    Looky - Must start every game.

For the Strictly Come Dancing fans - have a look at Popey when we score :smile:
  • Vetokele, Diarra and Cousins... Tikaboo
  • Agree the two central midfielders were excellent as were the two centre backs. Everybody else had their moments good and bad. Great to have a double.
  • Diarra was superb and we looked a different team once Lookman came on - lots of pace and quick passing up front which was good to watch. Deserved victory.
    Think we'll get punished for the delayed start.
  • I just did my victory shit. First one in ages and felt bloody brilliant!

Just a bit worried about where he smeared it… :worried::warning:
  • edited April 2016
    With the way the other games went, thank your diety of choice for Tex.