Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The thread about Boxing

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2017
    He's got to have surgery on his shoulder.
  • Options

haye injured again and going to pull out is coming out from inside his camp

The biggest scam of all this fucking David I am a proper tool Haye can not do a full camp and a fight it’s all bullshit from him and I am sick of it I hoe he fucks off and stays away I posted that on the 11th of November and haye had been injured a week before it

What a mug he is
  • Options
    I used to enjoy watching him, but he's been taking the piss out of Boxing fans for years now. This 1's really pissed me off

Retire you waster
  • Options
    And don’t forget booking fees are non refundable so a nice little earner for Hearn to cover his losses like a second insurance policy

Don’t believe anything about he was fit last week as he was not this injury happened a week before it came out on Twitter about his foot
  • Options

And don’t forget booking fees are non refundable so a nice little earner for Hearn to cover his losses like a second insurance policy

Don’t believe anything about he was fit last week as he was not this injury happened a week before it came out on Twitter about his foot

I know someone that works for a big accountant and he told me that when it comes to the music business there are bands that are insured so for instance someone like the Foo Fighters when they had to cancel Glastonbury would end up with more money from the insurance payout than if they'd actually paid.

I wonder if it's similar for Hearn?
  • Options
    I vaguely remember something similar when Haye was supposed to fight Fury.
    Hate had done the deal with the ticket seller and walked away with a small fortune when he pulled out of the fight
  • Options
    Has anyone been listening to the Dave Allen white rhino podcast with chef and pal of Ben Hamer Dean Edwards? Dave is one funny fucker.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Groves/Eubank - 17 February, Manchester Arena.

my birthday weekend and what a way to spend it
  • Options
    Fuming it's in Manchester, definitely won't be able to afford that one. Gutted
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Fuming it's in Manchester, definitely won't be able to afford that one. Gutted

if your going with mate do an airbnb , i will be able to make sure you get a ticket by buying them direct from a boxer on the card , you know the date now the train ticket will be small beans this early
  • Options

bobmunro said:

my birthday weekend and what a way to spend it
    Our hotel is booked already and the restaurant for a meal before - I know how Manchester fills up for a big boxing night. Selfishly pleased it’s up North.

I’ll be ringside for this one so maybe we can have that long awaited catch up and a beer or three!

• Options
    100% mate I have just booked San Carlo for my normal pre fight meal , hotel booked Also
  • Options
    Carter said:

I

bobmunro said:

It will be a great atmosphere there, bit annoyed it's not down South but with both of them being from the South of England I suppose being in Manchester is impartial.

This fight has the potential to be enormous, two fighters properly going through the gears.

Chris Eubank junior I have a vicious feeling will pull out, Groves hasn't had the same swagger and vim since the first Froch fight however I think he's a more rounded boxer now. If he lands something on Eubank early on I think Eubank will look for a way out. He's a specimen of an athlete but I don't think he will he able to stay with a man who hits as hard as Groves does
    I hate to say it mate but I have a feeling Eubank is going to win this.
  • Options
    Carter said:

I

bobmunro said:

It will be a great atmosphere there, bit annoyed it's not down South but with both of them being from the South of England I suppose being in Manchester is impartial.

This fight has the potential to be enormous, two fighters properly going through the gears.

Chris Eubank junior I have a vicious feeling will pull out, Groves hasn't had the same swagger and vim since the first Froch fight however I think he's a more rounded boxer now. If he lands something on Eubank early on I think Eubank will look for a way out. He's a specimen of an athlete but I don't think he will he able to stay with a man who hits as hard as Groves does
    What makes you think that?
  • Options

Carter said:

I

bobmunro said:

What makes you think that?
    Because it is the way him and his set up seem to operate, I hope he doesn't
    buckshee said:

Carter said:

I

bobmunro said:

I hate to say it mate but I have a feeling Eubank is going to win this.
    He's certainly looking the part, you always have to look at who he's fought though. I don't think he's fought anyone of Groves capacity for violent punching. Arthur Abraham was lethal at middleweight but has been bang average at 168 although has had a lot of big opportunities.

• Options
    I think Eubank has the better engine. He does have a good chin and if it's good enough for Groves' power I can actually see him stopping George down the stretch.

It's an excellent 50/50 With many outcomes possible.
  • Options

I think Eubank has the better engine. He does have a good chin and if it's good enough for Groves' power I can actually see him stopping George down the stretch.

If you think it's a 50/50 then you have to back Groves - current odds Eubank 4/6 - Groves 11/10.

I personally think those prices are wrong and make George favourite. He is the natural super middle - Eubank is a middleweight and the punching power will be telling. Eubank also gets ragged when he's hit and tends to lose discipline - if that happens George will spark him.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

If you think it's a 50/50 then you have to back Groves - current odds Eubank 4/6 - Groves 11/10.

I personally think those prices are wrong and make George favourite. He is the natural super middle - Eubank is a middleweight and the punching power will be telling. Eubank also gets ragged when he's hit and tends to lose discipline - if that happens George will spark him.
    The way I see it is Eubank is not elusive enough to cause Groves to not get into a rythym, I also am not convinced he can punch hard enough in one shot to trouble Groves into not being afraid of taking a chance or two and planting his feet. Billy-Joe Saunders is a tough fucker but he ate some big uppercuts from Eubank and didn't even stiffen his legs.

You are spot on about Eubank going ragged when he gets clipped and I think NLA observed how he really looks like he takes getting punched really personally and doesn't like it and it was a shrewd observation.

Groves gets an unfair reputation for being chinny same as Amir Khan their vulnerability is concentrating. When Groves got ironed out by Froch it was because he'd switched off. Same with Khan and all of his defeats by KO.

It's a lazy observation or opinion to call either of them chinny.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Carter said:

bobmunro said:

The way I see it is Eubank is not elusive enough to cause Groves to not get into a rythym, I also am not convinced he can punch hard enough in one shot to trouble Groves into not being afraid of taking a chance or two and planting his feet. Billy-Joe Saunders is a tough fucker but he ate some big uppercuts from Eubank and didn't even stiffen his legs.

You are spot on about Eubank going ragged when he gets clipped and I think NLA observed how he really looks like he takes getting punched really personally and doesn't like it and it was a shrewd observation.

Groves gets an unfair reputation for being chinny same as Amir Khan their vulnerability is concentrating. When Groves got ironed out by Froch it was because he'd switched off. Same with Khan and all of his defeats by KO.

Totally agree - Froch had a clean, open shot on George's chin and anyone would have gone down from that. The remarkable thing is that George actually beat the count and got to his feet.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Carter said:

bobmunro said:

In Khans case it was concentration but he was still badly chinned and you have to take that into consideration when he is fighting guys 12 pounds and above heavier than Prescott.
  • Options

Carter said:

bobmunro said:

In Khans case it was concentration but he was still badly chinned and you have to take that into consideration when he is fighting guys 12 pounds and above heavier than Prescott.
    Of course you do, don't forget he isn't a little bloke, he just happened to find success at featherweight, he was an enormous lightweight and I'd be surprised if he could make welterweight again now without starvation tactics.

• Options
    I hate the term Chinny its such an easy phrase to band around,

Had a good call this evening over this fight and the whole production i am well excited about the fight, Undercard announcement on Friday should be a cracker

Going up to watch my boy Maxi this weekend vs Danny cassidus should be a belter
  • Options
    What weights that at @nth london addick ?

Connor spent most of his career at lightweight, went to 140, then 147. I think his last fight was at middleweight!!!

Guess he's back down to lightweight and maxi stepping up as no title on the line?
  • Options
    Lightweight mate for maxi area title
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Press conference Monday for wss in London meeting with Saurelands people About the fight and some work looking more forward to this every day

£600 vip for this well worth it
  • Options
    Anyone see the Parker / Higgins press conference / whatever it was ?

All three of them looked like they'd just walked out the cubicles straight into it
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    The way Parker is sweating his nuts off in that press conference is exactly like that ,

Eddie needs to get the deal done 75/25and put him away sharp but AJ must be no more than 17 stone and I don’t think he will come in under 18 he will still win but will be a 12 rd fight
  • Options

The way Parker is sweating his nuts off in that press conference is exactly like that ,

Eddie needs to get the deal done 75/35 and put him away sharp but AJ must be no more than 17 stone and I don’t think he will come in under 18 he will still win but will be a 12 rd fight

I don't think even Hearn could get AJ 75/35.