Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The thread about Boxing

Comments

• Options
    bobmunro said:

We will find out soon enough mate and I can only pray one of the boxers I sponsor is fortunate to get on the card and I can get my ringside seats to watch it as part of my deal

Otherwise that’s a £1500-£2500 fight Per ticket and I can’t see me being in a position to pay that

Prices are becoming sillier by the card but I couldn't not be at ringside for AJ/Fury. I'm also in Vegas in May next year and hoping Golovkin/Canelo 2 takes place on the 5 May in Vegas - it will take place then, I'm sure, but could be Dallas.

Add to that Groves/Eubank and it could be an expensive year!!
    did you see the tweet from Kalle and nisse and their battle of Britain comment ?

looks like i get my ringside for groves vs eubank jr

i am hoping my little mate who is tyson's big mate can make it on to that card if he wins the british in Feb and then hopefully we get him a european or world title shot on the fury vs Aj card

one day Bob i will be able to join you out there just got to keep working hard and plugging away

• Options
    brook vs khan wont ever happen i am afraid mate and certainly not when either would be anything like at their best , i would have loved that fight 24 months ago but now it does still attract but noway near as much as before
  • Options

brook vs khan wont ever happen i am afraid mate and certainly not when either would be anything like at their best , i would have loved that fight 24 months ago but now it does still attract but noway near as much as before

Agreed - a bit like Mayweather against Manny. Didn't stop me going though!!
  • Options

bobmunro said:

We will find out soon enough mate and I can only pray one of the boxers I sponsor is fortunate to get on the card and I can get my ringside seats to watch it as part of my deal

Otherwise that’s a £1500-£2500 fight Per ticket and I can’t see me being in a position to pay that

Prices are becoming sillier by the card but I couldn't not be at ringside for AJ/Fury. I'm also in Vegas in May next year and hoping Golovkin/Canelo 2 takes place on the 5 May in Vegas - it will take place then, I'm sure, but could be Dallas.

did you see the tweet from Kalle and nisse and their battle of Britain comment ?

looks like i get my ringside for groves vs eubank jr

i am hoping my little mate who is tyson's big mate can make it on to that card if he wins the british in Feb and then hopefully we get him a european or world title shot on the fury vs Aj card

one day Bob i will be able to join you out there just got to keep working hard and plugging away

I'll look forward to that day.
  • Options
    I was at Mayweather v Hatton (1 row from the back)......I’ve never been anywhere with an atmosphere like that before or since.
  • Options

I was at Mayweather v Hatton (1 row from the back)......I’ve never been anywhere with an atmosphere like that before or since.

It was full of Brits - they seemed to takeover Vegas.

Same arena with Mayweather/Pacquiao and it was pretty flat.
  • Options
    edited November 2017

bobmunro said:

i am hoping my little mate who is tyson's big mate can make it on to that card if he wins the british in Feb

I'm struggling with the weight to be honest mate....
  • Options
    Ha ha ha I got in the ring with my featherweight friend and put the body suit on and even with my weight and the suit the body shots still hurt

I will tell him your willing to go in as a substitute for him though

• Options

Would love Fury to drop Joshua.

Me too. And if fury is in shape it will happen.
  • Options
    Tyson seems to have got a lot better since he's been out of the game.

Before the Klitschko fight he'd done nothing of note. Don't get me wrong he did so well in that fight but for me Joshua KO's Tyson.

I also happen to think Wilder KO's Joshua.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Tyson seems to have got a lot better since he's been out of the game.

Before the Klitschko fight he'd done nothing of note. Don't get me wrong he did so well in that fight but for me Joshua KO's Tyson.

I also happen to think Wilder KO's Joshua.

So by your reckoning Wilder comes out on top of the three of them.
    Personally I don't agree but if Fury gets himself fit we could be in for some great fights that's for sure.
  • Options
    Wilder can not box and would struggle to beat Parker

He has fought no one of note and I can not have a world champ who throws punches like he does he nearly falls over doing it
  • Options
    When Fury & AJ finally clash I'll be sticking a tenner on a draw
  • Options
    Oh dear that mask has slipped a bit AJ stay Humble or else you can fall faster than you rose
  • Options
    We were talking about that yesterday.
    Whatever excuse he comes out with, the fact is, if it was Fury that made a comment like that it would be in every newspaper, on the BBC you name it.
  • Options
    Yep hundred % , to me I don’t find it offensive I find it naive and a bit more of the PR mask falling away

When I said that I felt Takam could win it was mainly because the grumbles in and around are that things are not all sweetness and light within the AJ camp , different people influencing certain aspects of his inner circle

They are only small things and nothing really visible but they are to those who understand what makes elite boxers remain elite (not me by the way ) and some of those people are distancing themselves from the common consensus of AJ the great unbeaten monster

Will be an interesting next 12 months for TeamJoshua

Watch Eddie now as that will give a lot away of where this will end

He had already started courting Tyson before this he will increase the interest now
  • Options
    So it’s now been accepted that the comments came from AJ account the PR machine is back peddling and it will more than likely not be attributed to AJ himself but a member of his team ,

I know that there’s some around him that are influencing his potential religious out look I can’t help but fear for the ending of this
  • Options
    What has he said?
  • Options
    Anyone see the MTK show last night? Frampton's fight was better (more equal than expected) and the Filipino was immense with his body shots v Conlon.
  • Options

Anyone see the MTK show last night? Frampton's fight was better (more equal than expected) and the Filipino was immense with his body shots v Conlon.

Thought it was a good show, hadn't heard of anyone except Frampton but enjoyed all the fights, a lot better than any Sky card for a while.

Never seen a fight end after one punch with the guy unconscious on the floor either.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Thought it was a good show, hadn't heard of anyone except Frampton but enjoyed all the fights, a lot better than any Sky card for a while.

Never seen a fight end after one punch with the guy unconscious on the floor either.
    Not really heard of the South African Tete before but Bunce was rating him very highly last night and no doubt he'll become a lot more well known after the ko.

Sad to hear about the fate of Frampton's previous opponent from last year Gonzales jr. Different world some people live in.
  • Options
    Tete has been working with Warren since he beat Butler. Last 4 fights been in the UK
  • Options
    Warren's cards are pretty strong at the moment, has a lot of talented up and coming boxers in his stable too.
  • Options
    Warren does put on good shows of late but the commentary and biases towards their boxers is driving me insane
    MrOneLung said:

What has he said?

Made some instagram remarks that have been shared about the black superior race
  • Options

Warren does put on good shows of late but the commentary and biases towards their boxers is driving me insane

MrOneLung said:

What has he said?

Made some instagram remarks that have been shared about the black superior race
    Not saying that it defo wasn't AJ that made those remarks but it does seem weird that he would randomly message Chambers something like that .
  • Options
    I think there’s more to the chambers and AJ bad blood than is in the public domain
  • Options
    Haye offically pulled out of the Bellew fight , claiming an arm injury .
  • Options
    Surely Haye should retire now?
  • Options
    He’s fractured his vagina apparently.
    I was a big fan of Haye.....that all changed the night I got soaked to the skin in Hamburg watching one of the most pathetic attempts at winning a title ever.

He needs to jack it in.
  • Options
    edited November 2017

David Haye has pulled out at the last minute more times than a Catholic male in 1970's Ireland.

— Paddy Power (@paddypower) November 20, 2017