Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The thread about Boxing

Comments

• Options
    How comes Dave Allen is wearing trainers ?
  • Options
    Really feel for Allen there. He must be devastated at that .
  • Options
    buckshee said:

Really feel for Allen there. He must be devastated at that .

Right decision though
  • Options
    Gutted for him... Nasty cut, definitely couldn't have been helped
  • Options
    Ortiz is currently 10/1 to beat wilder on points with Sky Bet. That’s worth a fiver of anyones money if you ask me
  • Options

Ortiz is currently 10/1 to beat wilder on points with Sky Bet. That’s worth a fiver of anyones money if you ask me

Of the 69 fights they've had between them only 7 have gone the distance... I'll be very surprised if it lasts longer than 6 rounds
  • Options

That's possibly the only way he can't beat him if you ask me
  • Options
    In my opinion, the only way that fight gets stopped early is with Wilder stopping Ortiz. I can’t see Ortiz stopping Wilder.

Wilder went to points a few fights ago against someone less then convincing, the name escapes me. Both these fellas can punch, both of them from what I can gather can take a whack.

Ortiz being a Cuban based boxer has the technical side of the sport in his favour, he’s more of a boxer than wilder is so if it goes to points I think it would be in Ortiz’s favour. Anything could happen though
  • Options
    And Wilder was getting outboxed by Gerald Washington before the stoppage.
    Yes, he stopped him but still. Ortiz is far superior technically.
  • Options
    Eddie Hearn said deal almost done for Rocky Fielding v Ramirez.
    One of the biggest mismatches of the year if that goes ahead.

Ramirez is arguably the best of all the Super Middle Champions imo
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've got £20 on Ortiz by KO tonight, think Wilder will win but decent odds for a man of the quality of Ortiz
  • Options
    Not impressed by Yafai at all here
  • Options
    McDonnell's head movement has been superb
  • Options
    This Brett Hollywood fella is so budget when compared to Michael Buffer
  • Options
    Unbeaten super lightweight Josh Taylor on Channel 5 now...
  • Options
    Easy for Kell Brooke
    2nd round KO
  • Options
    Kell Brook looked solid at super welterweight, every shot looked heavy and well timed. Could do well at this division but talk of Charlo is way to premature.

Flicked over to Josh Taylor and that Bloke is literally hard as fuck and smashed his opponent to bits. Time to step up for Taylor now
  • Options

This Brett Hollywood fella is so budget when compared to Michael Buffer

and then you turn over to channel 5 and David fucking Diamante is back looking like Jar Jar Binks
  • Options
    Gav mac walks the streets of Donny at 11stone how he gets down to fight at that weight is beyond me but the fights are won before a punch thrown when his opponents see how big he is
  • Options
    just trying to stay up for the wilder fight now, not even a Charlton performance to moan about..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Come on King Kong!
  • Options
    Good so far from Ortiz
  • Options
    Just turned on and near the end of round 5 they said Ortiz had won all rounds and then boom Wilder connects and puts Ortiz down ...
    Into the 6th and Wilder on top in this round
  • Options
    What a round... Wilder in trouble
  • Options
    He’s hangin in (Wilder ) well down , will have to go for it in these last 3 rounds
  • Options
    Wilder comes out swinging and wins it in the 10th
  • Options
    Wilder showed a solid chin there and massive heart. And what power be carries. I think he shatters joshuas glass.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Wilder very lucky there, Why didn’t Ortiz go for it in the 8th after nearly stopping him in the 7th then there’d be a new champion.

Wilder can punch there’s no doubt, but nothing there impressed me, he won 2 rounds out of the first 9.

Joshua beats Wilder inside 8.

This was a fixed fight, make no mistake of it. The Judge’s had wilder up by one in a. Fight everyone had Ortiz up by a minimum of 2.

Read this article if you get a chance, called it as a fix and you can see why and how it’s worked out

https://deadspin.com/boxing-is-going-to-get-deontay-wilder-anthony-joshua-if-1823455306
  • Options
    Haven’t changed my mind one little bit

Wilder is no issue for AJ if Anthony comes in under 17 stone ,

Throwing the bomb squads as your only line of defence against someone who doesn’t need to walk you down is not going to work , when AJ lands the solid jab wilder will do a Eubank jr and retreat into his shell and will not be able to take the power shots that will follow

However if AJ comes in heavier than 17 stone wilder becomes a different prospect to deal with and will wait the 5-6 rds then do the same as what he done last night and more than likely stop him
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Great fight that.
    Reminded me so much of the Joshua/ klitchsko fight but I think Ortiz was at a better level than klitch was at that time.
    Wilder took some huge punches and showed a lot of tactical nous. Didn't rate him previously but that fight really shakes things up.
    Ortiz would be a good test for Fury imo. He's no mug.
    Could be entering a really good era of heavyweight boxing if this keeps up.