Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The thread about Boxing

Comments

• Options

Great fight that.
    Reminded me so much of the Joshua/ klitchsko fight but I think Ortiz was at a better level than klitch was at that time.
    Wilder took some huge punches and showed a lot of tactical nous. Didn't rate him previously but that fight really shakes things up.
    Ortiz would be a good test for Fury imo. He's no mug.
    Could be entering a really good era of heavyweight boxing if this keeps up.

As long as they all fight each other

The best thing is they all look vulnerable, Joshua because he's built like a power lifter and I think needs to worry less about how he'll look on the cover of men's health magazine and more about how he can stay moving and fluid for more than 5 rounds.

Fury is the man to beat as and when he comes back although he's been stuck on his arse twice by Mickey mouse fighters and his footwork is like a baby giraffe he still absolutely did a job on the main man before Joshua had a shoot out with him

Wilder can box but Ortiz is no mug and showed that last night, it's easy to say Joshua would have stopped him going on lasts nights showing but Ortiz did some great work to give himself an opportunity for whatever reason he didn't take. I don't think Joshua has the footwork or ringcraft to get in that position. He'll want to try and walk Wilder down. Wilders punching style is insane when he gets someone in trouble and he will finish anyone who gets wobbled but he also needs to box a bit cute to get into that position

Parker, I'm not too impressed with, he's a good shape to be a dangerous fight for the taller boys but I haven't seen anything from him to male me think he's going to seriously be in the mix beyond being an opponent
  • Options
    but Ortiz did some great work to give himself an opportunity for whatever reason he didn't take.

I honestly belive Ortiz is nearly 50 that’s why he couldn’t take advantage
  • Options
    Stayed up and watched this in the end, forgot about it but thankfully i was awake. Bit of a boring opening few rounds. Ortiz was a few rounds on top for me when he got stopped, sometimes the judges are so bent. Thankfully Wilder stopped him otherwise that would have been a joke decision they had him winning somehow.

Proof to me that AJ will do Wilder, i wasn't too sure before that fight but now pretty sure he will stop him too.

Totally agree with @Greenie Junior Ortiz had it won but then stepped of the gas and allowed Wilder back in. Still respect to Wilder for coming back at him. Good fight in the end but not a classic.
  • Options
    edited March 2018

but Ortiz did some great work to give himself an opportunity for whatever reason he didn't take.

Stayed up and watched this in the end, forgot about it but thankfully i was awake. Bit of a boring opening few rounds. Ortiz was a few rounds on top for me when he got stopped, sometimes the judges are so bent. Thankfully Wilder stopped him otherwise that would have been a joke decision they had him winning somehow.

Proof to me that AJ will do Wilder, i wasn't too sure before that fight but now pretty sure he will stop him too.

Totally agree with @Greenie Junior Ortiz had it won but then stepped of the gas and allowed Wilder back in. Still respect to Wilder for coming back at him. Good fight in the end but not a classic.

Really don't think it was a case of stepping off the gas. I don't think there was much left in the tank.
    As I said, this was so much like AJ v Klitch.
    Older experienced guy gives it a full on flurry but it's just not enough to finish the younger fighter. Younger fighter manages to recover and the older guy has nothing left.
    For that reason I can't really see how anyone can really call AJ v DW. It'll come down to who has the stronger powers of recovery when the shots start firing.
  • Options
    I don't think Ortiz stepped off the gas at all. Wilder ate every big shot Ortiz landed. Ortiz could not get wilder down or out of there. Wilder is definitely not chinny. I would back him vs Joshua big time. Joshua footwork is awful and wilder would nail him with a counter.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Wilder has a better chin than Joshua and more power.

Joshua has the better boxing skills.

It would be a great match up if it ever happens.
  • Options
    We don’t know anything about wilders chin at all

• Options
    Thing is, assuming Joshua takes Parker then (I think) takes Wilder, the only place for him to go is Fury. Wilder and Fury will be box office smashes, but other than a rematch, where else is there to go? Perhaps Dubios in a couple of years.

I think Joshua Wilder will be the most entertaining of the potential match ups
  • Options

Ortiz caught him with a lot of great shots. At heavyweight everyone has big power.

The fact he managed to stay standing and come back after a round shows he can take a hit.
  • Options
    I think AJ in America vs Miller in the summer, then Wilder in November/December is more likely.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wilder and Fury are the most unorthodox boxers you could expect to see.
    If they ever met it would be entertaining to say the least
  • Options

This, Ortiz isn’t the biggest puncher, that much was clear during the fight. He had Wilder done and then didn’t finish him to which wilder recovered I believe if it was AJ’s shots hitting wilder that cleanly then we could say he’s not chinny. It’s still open to debate.

AJ and Wilder can both punch really hard, no two ways about it. It Will be an interesting fight no doubt
  • Options

This, Ortiz isn’t the biggest puncher, that much was clear during the fight. He had Wilder done and then didn’t finish him to which wilder recovered I believe if it was AJ’s shots hitting wilder that cleanly then we could say he’s not chinny. It’s still open to debate.

AJ and Wilder can both punch really hard, no two ways about it. It Will be an interesting fight no doubt
    Wilder even said after the fight Ortiz didnt hit hard and was more getting him off balance then actually hurt him at all. Wilder is very awkward so i do have a bit of worry if he fights AJ, but AJ should outbox him just needs to not get caught.
  • Options

Christ mate. Give him some credit.
    Took two I saw at least from a Cuban brick shithouse called King Kong ffs!

You could say the same about Joshua if that’s how we’re looking at it.
  • Options
    I don’t think Ortiz is a big heavy hitter in the division, and wilders record is against some of the weakest opponents out there

AJ will jab him harder than most hit then we will see what he is made of chin wise , if AJ gets the jab working he will cause him no end of problems when he plants a proper one as he won’t have any time to get himself together
  • Options

I don’t think Ortiz is a big heavy hitter in the division, and wilders record is against some of the weakest opponents out there

AJ will jab him harder than most hit then we will see what he is made of chin wise , if AJ gets the jab working he will cause him no end of problems when he plants a proper one as he won’t have any time to get himself together

And if Wilder plants a proper one on AJ it's game over for him too. Wilder has the longer reach and seems to be quicker than Joshua.

It'll be a tougher fight for AJ than people realise.
  • Options
    it’s only a hard fight if AJ comes in heavy if he comes in light it’s an easier fight than most realise , wilder can not box he can bang but can not box
  • Options

it’s only a hard fight if AJ comes in heavy if he comes in light it’s an easier fight than most realise , wilder can not box he can bang but can not box

Both bang hard
    Both have a good chin
    And both have shown plenty of heart to win when up against it.

Also both have a poor defence and I see it as being a close fight.
    As for the outcome I really can't call it
  • Options

But can Joshua bang if he comes in light?

That'll be the dilemma for the Joshua camp. Come in heavy and he may play into Wilder's hands. It'll be a fascinating contest. Wilder really went up in my estimation after last night.
  • Options
    Joshua proved he can bang without all the extra weight. I'm sure being a big old muscle Mary makes him feel and look good, but he punched himself out against Wlad.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wilder was 15 odd stone last night even if he comes in at 17 stone the difference will be huge

If AJ gets behind his jab and comes forward in the correct way he will easily over power him imo
  • Options
    I just watched the fight back again the amount of times wilder clubs to the back of the head is a problem I don’t know how youd resolve it as he is so unorthodox in style that its nearly totally unavoidable
  • Options
    edited March 2018
  • Options
    I really can't see Joshua staying upright after one of those bombs from Wilder. He'd have been down more than Ortiz who is a tough bigger.

Joshua beats Parker. Wilder beats them all I'm afraid.

No matter how good he is I just can't warm to Wilder. He may be a good guy but he acts like a complete bell. So unlikeable.
  • Options
    Wilder looks like an old fashioned slugger to me - he may as well send a text to say his big shots are coming as they are so blatant.
  • Options
    Really don’t like watching Wilder’s fighting style, all a bit Harlem Globetrotter style exhibition stuff for me. Can swing those levers though when he wants to though
  • Options
    Canelo fails a drug test but sounds like a honest mistake caused by food contamination
  • Options
    Sounds like a weak excuse, no doubt he’ll be let off Scott free
  • Options
    Hmmmm.......always seems a very convenient excuse for Mexican athletes.
  • Options

Hmmmm.......always seems a very convenient excuse for Mexican athletes.

Has this happened before I have never heard off it?