Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

POTY DINNER

Comments

• DA9 said:

I truly believe she has no say and is just a conduit, quite sad, and RD tells her to front it out as he's the paymaster general... Or else.

What a miserable life to live. Its only a job.
  • DA9 said:

Missed It said:

DA9 said:

In fairness, she can't really win, she's being slagged off on here for having the nerve to attend, she would be equally criticised on here if she hadn't attended.
    Murrays absence speaks more to me about his current feelings then her attendance.

If any normal person had to be accompanied to their works Christmas party by 3 bodyguards surely at some point they would ask themselves "What the hell am I doing to myself?"

It would seem dear Katrien isn't blessed with any degree of self-awareness or self-respect.

She has made her deal with the devil, she has to deal with it, but my point stands if she had not shown up.
    There lies the problem when you join a cult and are obsessed with the leader. No matter of what they say or do, it's just one click on the finger cymbals and you then agree with everything they say, regardless of how crazy it is.
  • Bodyguards !! I reckon she thinks of herself as some sort of superstar #deluded
  • Katrienye.
  • On Riga, that was what I took from the evening as well.

I would expect him to want to do well as a coach or manager wherever he is.

He seemed quite broken up that he might not get to do this at Charlton but he was not prepared to stay if he was not given the autonomy he felt he needed.

Good for him, on both fronts. I appreciate and respect his love for the club, but he shouldn't stand by it if it means he can't do his job. If he walks away I'll still think of him as a Charlton man who was prepared to take a stand on principle.
  • She is damned if she does and damned if she don't, and part of being a lawyer is disconnecting your empathy and doing tough things for an outcome, depending in which aspect you operate in.

However she did make the decision to work for this guy, and on SOME level she must absolutely KNOW that she is actually destroying something very important to alot of people's lives, she must also see around the country that probably on 2% of clubs are protesting.

Her only option is to hold on so tight it slips through her fingers or to be respectful, honourable, and truthful and resign... then JOIN the protests and start attacking RD directly, release the sex videos to further shame him, become a life long Addick .... etc...

I better get on with some work.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2016
    Unlike us Riga can leave and go elsewhere to ply his trade
    We have no realistic alternative as fans
  • im in 2 minds with Riga. I mostly think he's just a puppet...but one that has recently rebelled.

The fact that RD isn't even sure if he should stay is so stupid. Why would you sack him at this point? Rd is a bitter old wanker that can't make his mind up unless the head coach is literally willing to go along with every aspect of horseshit that the regime offers.

The club needs stability. The head coach needs to be respected and needs freedom to perform to how he believes is the right choice within reason.

If Riga is given a genuine chance and not taken the piss out of with a terrible squad at his disposal, we could be a top half team next season. We could, dare I say it, win a few matches.
  • SDAddick said:

On Riga, that was what I took from the evening as well.

I would expect him to want to do well as a coach or manager wherever he is.

He seemed quite broken up that he might not get to do this at Charlton but he was not prepared to stay if he was not given the autonomy he felt he needed.

Good for him, on both fronts. I appreciate and respect his love for the club, but he shouldn't stand by it if it means he can't do his job. If he walks away I'll still think of him as a Charlton man who was prepared to take a stand on principle.
    On a principle he should have not come back to us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Off_it said:

All this stuff about Riga "loving" the club, really?

I'm pleased if he feels anything for us and also that he shows enough professional pride to be upset and disappointed now that he has presided over our relegation - not that it was all of his doing.

But come on, he "loves" us does he? Just like Semedo and the rest "loved" us?

I don't think so. You can try to dress it up all you like, but although relegation will almost certainly have "hurt" him, and the players, it's not going to be anything like how most of us with a genuine attachment and love for the club are feeling right now.

And as oohahh says, we have nowhere else to go.

I fell in Love with Charlton and The Valley within a year of my dad taking me. I'd say supporting Charlton is usually forced (in nicest possible way) by parents, I was different as I think my dad saw saturdays as a day off from the kids and a chance to get pissed with his mates. Okay yes, I was about 10 but I'm sure even if I was an adult( without an attachment to another team) I could easily do the same when hearing about the history of this club and what the fans done to keep the club alive and playing at their home. Not to mention if those same fans supported me from day one despite me replacing a club legend in bad circumstances.
  • Off_it said:

All this stuff about Riga "loving" the club, really?

I'm pleased if he feels anything for us and also that he shows enough professional pride to be upset and disappointed now that he has presided over our relegation - not that it was all of his doing.

But come on, he "loves" us does he? Just like Semedo and the rest "loved" us?

I don't think so. You can try to dress it up all you like, but although relegation will almost certainly have "hurt" him, and the players, it's not going to be anything like how most of us with a genuine attachment and love for the club are feeling right now.

And as oohahh says, we have nowhere else to go.

Well he was definitely choked up and holding back the tears, Chris Powell stylee.
  • Mick Hucknall style?
  • Sounds like Reza's cup of cha.
  • edited May 2016
    personally I hope Riga goes and is replaced by someone with a proper knowledge of L1

I think he got lucky first time around
  • No such thing as luck, you make things happen or avoid things happening based purely on your actions and the actions of others.
  • Pinocchio isn't "damned if she does and damned if she doesn't".

She can resign and leave our club and the "damning" will stop immediately. Simple solution.

All the time she remains we're "damned" to a future with no hope or expectations so why should she have it any different?
  • Dazzler21 said:

No such thing as luck, you make things happen or avoid things happening based purely on your actions and the actions of others.

Giz a tenner out of your lotto jackpot win then Daz... :wink:
  • We will always have shit managers under our current owner and CEO as neither understand the English game, Charlton or indeed football in general.

For a start phrases like you pay peanuts you get monkeys and buy cheap you buy twice (or in our case several times) come to mind, but above all what decent manager would want to work for such an insane organisation.