Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

POTY DINNER

Comments

• edited May 2016
    Were kids allowed last night???
  • Surely they weren't searching bags?
  • rikofold said:

Did anyone confront Katrien?

Please tell me she didn't leave the event without getting an earful from someone.

Yes, at least one person I know of. She was, however, flanked by 3 heavies for most of the evening.

They were also searching bags as people went in.
    Searching people's bags before going in for a meal ffs! I think I'd have been very unhappy about being treated like that at what is effectively nothing to do with them. As this was not a club event did they even have the authority to do that?
  • I used to attend these events with several friends, girlfriends and wives etc but I have refused the last few years on the back of kids being allowed. maybe I'm speaking out of turn but should this not be an adult only event. If it was anything like years before it actually looks very similar to the kids Xmas party!! Too many autograph hunters. How about making it adults only and making it a smart event with a dress code etc
  • Sponsored links:

• Not so sure it was a goodbye speech from Riga. When I spoke to him he said he wanted to stay but that he would not be told what to do and if they couldn't agree on that then he would leave.

I guess he probably knows RD quite well though so maybe it was a goodbye speech after all.

Gone then unless the ownership changes.

• Not so sure it was a goodbye speech from Riga. When I spoke to him he said he wanted to stay but that he would not be told what to do and if they couldn't agree on that then he would leave.

I guess he probably knows RD quite well though so maybe it was a goodbye speech after all.

Unless Riga is lying, this pretty much dispels the myth that he is just another regime puppet. Any indication what the players think of him and whether they'd like him to stay?

• Complete disgrace if bags were searched by security last night. Working together with fans hey Merie??!!
  • Players I spoke to were supportive of Riga.
  • Sponsored links:

• Tell me someone confronted her
  • Off_it said:

Addickted said:

Good luck to Fanny et al and everyone have a great time, just ignore the SMT if they arrive

Katrien confirmed to be there by Seb
    I'll give Covered End until 8pm. Just hope he still doesn't have his placard.
    A fella in that picture has a "Sanogo" shirt on. Why???
    Nice shot of Tavern
  • Fumbluff said:

rikofold said:

Please tell me she didn't leave the event without getting an earful from someone.

Yes, at least one person I know of. She was, however, flanked by 3 heavies for most of the evening.

David Badjumper was never more than 3-ft away from her all evening although I suspect this is because if he was any further away then his response time would be somewhat compromised...
    Can't believe people were actually having their pictures taken with her, how very unique.

Agree with previous posts Riga's speech was a goodbye speech.

No surprises that many of the players didn't know what was happening to them but the general feeling was a lot would move on.

Clearly a big rift between the senior management and the players, but again no real surprise.

All in all a well run supporters evening, well done Jean and Ian.

Fumbluff said:

rikofold said:

David Badjumper was never more than 3-ft away from her all evening although I suspect this is because if he was any further away then his response time would be somewhat compromised...
    Ccan't believe people were actually having their pictures taken with her, how very unique.

Agree with previous posts Riga's speech was a goodbye speech.

No surprises that many of the players didn't know what was happening to them but the general feeling was a lot would move on.

Clearly a big rift between the senior management and the players, but again no real surprise.

All in all a well run supporters evening, well done Jean and Ian.
    You are joking right? If not, then whoever has had a picture taken with her needs to have a serious word with themself.
    No joke promise it's true. One guy I recognised and know where he sits !!!
  • rikofold said:

Not going to quote any player, but I was mildly surprised at just how many were prepared to openly criticise the owner and the CEO, and how many back the protests.

Riga gave a speech that sounded very much like a goodbye, and managed to thank everyone except the regime.

What was said about the protests, without naming names