Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

POTY DINNER

Comments

• No Reza
  • No Reza

Yes but that was a given :wink: .
  • Well done Fanny, sounded like a cracking evening
  • Well done Fanny sounds a cracking event, but I can't see the humour in asking for KM's autograph, bet she lapped it up.
  • Well done Fanny.
    You really do epitomise the spirit of the "real" Charlton, if I may be so bold.
  • No Reza

Sums up his season
  • J BLOCK said:

Well done Fanny sounds a cracking event, but I can't see the humour in asking for KM's autograph, bet she lapped it up.

Maybe they wanted to preface it with " Feck off ....." ?

• @CARD make contact with Riga. #LastEverGame
  • Sponsored links:

• Many congrats on the award, Fanny. More than deserved x
  • Congratulations Fanny, well deserved. Sorry you don't support the right cricket team though, Compton and Edrich, what a pair !!!

A couple of things stand out for me on this thread. 3 bodyguards and a bag search. So if Tony Soprano came to the dinner with a pistol down the back of his pants he would be ok, but his partner having a stress ball in her handbag would be thrown out. Very odd.

3 bodyguards is either overkill or underkill. To surround your self with more than one person to protect you at a function where people are dressed for a dinner, and in a place of work seems to imply that you are terrified of something bad happening. If something did happen would 3 bodyguards be able to stop it. I'm guessing that of the 200 odd people there, 70% would be men, that's 140 to 3. Now I know that's not a true reflection, a lot of elderly people would be there, but if I were a betting man I'd be on the side of the majority. I really can't understand the logic of all this, but then I'm a man..............
  • Bag search? Any pencil cases, Thermos or Rail timetables confiscated?
  • edited May 2016
    Bodyguards?

These were probably just three blokes there for show, simply guest performers on The Katrien Miere Show. Presumably untrained and cheap just like everyone else the Belgian's have employed.

Just another prop to cast the illusion of being in control, untouchable and content. Nothing more than her nice dress and snide smirks.
  • LuckyReds said:

Bodyguards?

These were probably just three blokes there for show, simply guest performers on The Katrien Miere Show. Presumably untrained and cheap just like everyone else the Belgian's have employed.

Just another prop to cast the illusion of being in control, untouchable and content. Nothing more than her nice dress and snide smirks.

If it's the geezers I've seen in some of the recent photos and videos, my niece would walk straight through them and she's only 6
  • christ, 3 bodyguards to an event like that.....she's a freak. Taking a train home from watford when we just lost 5-0...she's a freak.

She doesn't mind approaching fans in Floyd road and asking them if they are scared of her though.

It was worth taking 3 bodyguards to an event like that when she could have stayed at home. Was it really worth it? She has the class of a hillbilly, I knew should would attend this event. She can't resist even though it would do her no favour.
    She really is embarrassing.

Even in the ground, if people were in close proximity to her, I doubt anyone would actually physically attack her. No one would stoop that low. She would and should just get the verbal abuse.

3 heavies may lead people to believe she is someone important...probably her understanding of it.

And IIIIIIII-e-III will al-ways Haaaattteee you

• Sponsored links:

• On the "share the goss" topic of this thread.

The implications are there to make clear enough assumptions that the players can probably casually slag off the regime without much giving of a shit and fear of outcome it will get em in trouble. If anything they would probably want them to hear it out of anger and frustration due to the utter disrespect.

If no one wants to give specifics I have absolutely no problem with that myself. I suppose if your listening to a person open up and that person is trusting you and buying drinks whilst you converse, you may feel guilty by going home and writing the conversation all up on a message board.

Of course though as fans it's interesting to know what the players perception is of the regime.

I'd like to see the look on Meire face if she was showed the evidence from a number of players that they thought she is a twat and that they back the protests.
  • Am I having a whoosh moment. Were bags really searched? Is this normal at these type of events?
  • edited May 2016
    "Bodyguards" so if on par with all her and their other signings the first time they are fronted two will run around screaming and then disappear with some sort of imagined injury for 6 months. The other will come out swinging like a mad man but fold in a nano second after being spoken to harshly----- jobs a good un.
  • HarryLime said:

Am I having a whoosh moment. Were bags really searched? Is this normal at these type of events?

Handbags were not. A bigger bag was though, not mine but had met the lady at Kit Sponsors. Nothing sinister contained in the bag.
  • I think she had the hired help so going forward she can come out with bollox like

"It got so bad I couldn't even attend our annual player of the year award without having to hire people to protect me blah blah blah"
  • Missed It said:

DA9 said:

In fairness, she can't really win, she's being slagged off on here for having the nerve to attend, she would be equally criticised on here if she hadn't attended.
    Murrays absence speaks more to me about his current feelings then her attendance.

If any normal person had to be accompanied to their works Christmas party by 3 bodyguards surely at some point they would ask themselves "What the hell am I doing to myself?"

It would seem dear Katrien isn't blessed with any degree of self-awareness or self-respect.

She has made her deal with the devil, she has to deal with it, but my point stands if she had not shown up.
  • I truly believe she has no say and is just a conduit, quite sad, and RD tells her to front it out as he's the paymaster general... Or else.