Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Time to get behind the team.

12346»

Comments

• You forgot the kneecaps.
  • rikofold said:

Stig said:

But what message are you getting across...handing out masks and stickers. Does that really drive a message home.

It says that our club is being run by puppets and liars. Honestly can't believe it's that hard to work out.
    Herein lies the ultimate ethical dilemma. If it was a successful club being run by puppets and liars would you still protest. Slater and Jiminez misled us about the amount of money they were going to bring into the club. Were they puppets of the moneyman Cash.......? Yes they made better decisions whilst they had money but puppets and liars - possibly.

I protest only because of the failure to learn from their mistakes shows poor management skills. A fact which they continue to repeat. If they learned from their mistakes then I doubt that people would be protesting.

Out with poor management

They weren't puppets, they were funded. Their problems started when the funding stopped, not because they were being told what to do. Liars? Surely no less than this lot.

That said, Powell papered over a lot of the cracks by making us feel it was our club again. By the time the spivs left, there was no point in protests because they wanted out more than we wanted them out.

Anyway, fundamental point is that results on the pitch are rarely the outcome of poor management. Jimenez wasn't everyone's cup of tea to say the least but he knew the business inside out and gave Powell what was needed to get out of League One. He may well have produced a Premier League side if he had the funds.

This lot don't have a clue about football, but even more seriously they don't care because they've said very clearly football is not their priority. That's primarily why I'm protesting, because the wellbeing of Charlton is not safe in their hands.
    They weren't puppets? so when Mr Cash pulled a string they didn't jump? Get real!
    Liars - agreed no more than this lot.

Good management papered over the cracks as you said. Jiminez did have a clue about football and appointed a manager who really did understand football, the club and the fans. - Good management. The difference is with this lot is that they didn't understand the championship to start with and haven't learned by their mistakes. Poor management.

Poor management of any business leads to errors throughout that business. Failure to strengthen the team with championship class players, leading to disillusionment amongst existing players. Fans getting on the backs of players who are struggling because they cannot see a way out of the mess.

What can the owner do to turn it around.

1 Get in a chief executive and COO who understand football - not competition law and catering management ( now we know where the "customers" come from)
    2 Get in a championship calibre manager - they may??? have done this with Riga
    3 Get a scout that understands the complexity of the league we are in and not just how to use You tube.
    4 Attend a match and see for himself. Directors who do not know where the factory is or have not seen it operating might talk the talk but they haven't walked the walk. He would probably need a disguise to stop getting egged by the riotous mob in the Keith Peacock suite or the millennium suite with the CAFC former players association. Going in with the sky team might work, I'm sure Sky could arrange for a pundit like Curbishley to politely explain the nuances of the language.

Rikofold, in any event glad to see that even though you don't recognise it - you agree with me.

• Whe

There are a certain element sadly that no longer support the club and have an unhealthy obsession with getting the board. Support the team.

There are a certain element sadly that no longer support the club and have an unhealthy obsession with getting the board. Support the team.

Couldn't have put it better myself (:
  • Uboat said:

Personally the whole RD and KM battle at this moment in time is detracting from the real battle we have on our hands.
    The club are now starring relegation in the face and it has to be upto us fans to put aside all the demos and do what we as fans should do for the remaining games and get behind the team from the first minute in the remaining fixtures.
    Fulham will be the perfect place to start. Rather than turning up with a lame 1,000 and singing anti board songs we should turn up on mass and get behind the team in which is winnable game.
    Remember the FACup game at Fulham.Noise levels and passion in which we have to create for the team.The players and Riga need us and what goes on at board level is nothing to do with the players.
    Be proud of your team and help them out as much as we can in these remaining fixtures we are all in this together.

This is the kind of naive, daft simple-minded English football fan attiude that will not only increase our chances of relegation even further but also do damage to the further ambitions and successes of the team that stretch beyond just this season. If you haven't figured out yet that this team and club is in the situation it is, in no small part, due to the decisions and actions of the club over the past two years then you have clearly been watching another football club operate.

Haven't you figured out yet that you can sing as loud as you want and be as defiant in your support as you like but this team and this manager is not cut out for it? That's why we are where we are and why we can't turn it around, fans really are so easily fooled into thinking they count for so much aren't they? I agree the protests will result in very little ultimately too, which is why a boycott is inevitable for anyone who is truly a fan, but I know where I'd rather be in the meantime.

Some of you desperately need to wake up, accept relegation, stop banking on miracles and look at the bigger picture. The next 5 years, not just the next 5 months.
    Loyal fan then yea
    Define loyalty.
    You support the team threw thick and thin
    'Through', shit for brains.
    I'm so glad someone pointed that out, it was nagging me.
  • rikofold said:

Stig said:

But what message are you getting across...handing out masks and stickers. Does that really drive a message home.

It says that our club is being run by puppets and liars. Honestly can't believe it's that hard to work out.
    Herein lies the ultimate ethical dilemma. If it was a successful club being run by puppets and liars would you still protest. Slater and Jiminez misled us about the amount of money they were going to bring into the club. Were they puppets of the moneyman Cash.......? Yes they made better decisions whilst they had money but puppets and liars - possibly.

I protest only because of the failure to learn from their mistakes shows poor management skills. A fact which they continue to repeat. If they learned from their mistakes then I doubt that people would be protesting.

Out with poor management

They weren't puppets, they were funded. Their problems started when the funding stopped, not because they were being told what to do. Liars? Surely no less than this lot.

That said, Powell papered over a lot of the cracks by making us feel it was our club again. By the time the spivs left, there was no point in protests because they wanted out more than we wanted them out.

Anyway, fundamental point is that results on the pitch are rarely the outcome of poor management. Jimenez wasn't everyone's cup of tea to say the least but he knew the business inside out and gave Powell what was needed to get out of League One. He may well have produced a Premier League side if he had the funds.

This lot don't have a clue about football, but even more seriously they don't care because they've said very clearly football is not their priority. That's primarily why I'm protesting, because the wellbeing of Charlton is not safe in their hands.
    They weren't puppets? so when Mr Cash pulled a string they didn't jump? Get real!
    Liars - agreed no more than this lot.

Good management papered over the cracks as you said. Jiminez did have a clue about football and appointed a manager who really did understand football, the club and the fans. - Good management. The difference is with this lot is that they didn't understand the championship to start with and haven't learned by their mistakes. Poor management.

Poor management of any business leads to errors throughout that business. Failure to strengthen the team with championship class players, leading to disillusionment amongst existing players. Fans getting on the backs of players who are struggling because they cannot see a way out of the mess.

What can the owner do to turn it around.

1 Get in a chief executive and COO who understand football - not competition law and catering management ( now we know where the "customers" come from)
    2 Get in a championship calibre manager - they may??? have done this with Riga
    3 Get a scout that understands the complexity of the league we are in and not just how to use You tube.
    4 Attend a match and see for himself. Directors who do not know where the factory is or have not seen it operating might talk the talk but they haven't walked the walk. He would probably need a disguise to stop getting egged by the riotous mob in the Keith Peacock suite or the millennium suite with the CAFC former players association. Going in with the sky team might work, I'm sure Sky could arrange for a pundit like Curbishley to politely explain the nuances of the language.

Rikofold, in any event glad to see that even though you don't recognise it - you agree with me.

Keep it to yourself, but I don't actually believe that what @rikofold wrote is actually agreeing with you @Scratchingvalleycat, "even though you don't recognise it.

I get the impression that, in footballing terms, Jimenez and Slater were autonomous; it's clear that everything happening now is to Duchatelet's template...

You up for it D, should liven it up a bit

You up for it D, should liven it up a bit
    Yea mate