Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Time to get behind the team.

Comments

• edited February 2016
    Uboat said:

James46 said:

Nug. I can't see how anyone who attended the last 2 home games could think that the anti-board chanting and prevailing atmosphere didn't have a negative effect on the team and therefore possibly, the result.
    The question is....is that acceptable?

Why do you think that though? Is it because the team have played so well at home the rest of the time?
    I don't think it had any effect on the team either to be honest.

We lost against Bristol 1-0, and the goal came as a result of a penalty we conceded seconds before the first anti-regime chant.

Next we'll be told that Gudmundsson gave the penalty away as he was trying to look at the time on the screen to see how long there was left until the chant at 19:05...

Not to mention that I've sat near two individuals who have tried to call out the protesters recently, and they've been the absolute antithesis of a "supporter" - both shouting absolute rubbish and bile directed towards our players. There seems to be a correlation between those who are the first to shout "SIT DOWN AND SUPPORT THE TEAM" and those who accuse our players of being "fucking shit" and a "waste of space".

If you think it's the protests getting on the teams back then think again.
  • Uboat. They were must win games in a truly awful season with a team who's confidence has been shot to pieces. Surely the chants just help destroy any flicker of belief from the Rotherham game? Bristol probably couldn't believe their luck! Blimey we were like Turkeys voting for Christmas that day!
  • There are a certain element sadly that no longer support the club and have an unhealthy obsession with getting the board. Support the team.

Rubbish.

The people who are protesting SUPPORT THE CLUB.

They want the club to do well

They want the team to do well.

They want the team to win

But crucially see that the owners aren't helping the team or the club, in fact they are driving it to relegation and lower crowds all the while piling up more debt.

They, the owners, are the ones who are undermining the club through incompetent management and the team through inadequate recruitment not the protesting fans.

Bit touchy there...
    No, but since you just told me I no longer, in your eyes, support Charlton I would have every right to be.

If I said you're not a real Charlton fan because you don't protest you'd quite rightly tell me to do one.

Well, that's what you just did.

But saying "bit touchy there" is a nice way of not responding when you've said something silly.

Is that what I said?? I thought I said we should get behind the team as the players need our support in this relegation battle.
    I also support the club and will continue to do so regardless of which league they are in, who runs them and who the manager is.
    Why?? Because it's my team..
    Ooh, bit touchy there

: - )

And yes, that is what you said.

"There are a certain element that sadly no longer support the club" to be precise.
    Was your name mentioned ?
  • LuckyReds said:

I'm reading a lot of words, but not really getting any substance. Sorry @WhenIwasLittleBoy but I have no clue what you're actually trying to say.

WSS said:

WIWLB - Did you think forming a political party and canvassing homes in Charlton, back in the day, was a waste of time as well?

This is a long game.

Sure we could smash up reception (is that the kind of stuff you're hinting at?) and stuff but does that really achieve anything better than the legal protests?

I ain't being funny mate but them blokes walking dressed as Ponochio and that poxy music by the club shop was cringe worthy. If you want to take action do it like men and not a load of kids.
    Any suggestions?

Very basic very simple. The whole thing is about support the team and not the regime. Boycott all home games and attend away fixtures only.
    Everytime there is a protest there are only two people whose names get air time, simply raising their profile.

Go on son you tell em lol

These two fellas Harleypete and Uboat make me giggle.
    If only eh
    Ah, because you are so elegantly providing an argument against them aren't you?

They are far to superior them to even contemplate competing with them

But what message are you getting across...handing out masks and stickers. Does that really drive a message home.

What would you suggest? Surely anything stronger would risk an adverse effect on the team, the very thing you're attempting to look concerned about?
    Potentially, but as stated above attend away fixtures and not home. All revenues slashed, not such an attractive place to advertise as there is little or no audience, the club would also struggle to sell both corporate packages as well as executive boxes.
    Factor in revenue from mascots, sponsorship of games.
    That's how you hit them
  • WSS said:

WIWLB - Did you think forming a political party and canvassing homes in Charlton, back in the day, was a waste of time as well?

This is a long game.

Sure we could smash up reception (is that the kind of stuff you're hinting at?) and stuff but does that really achieve anything better than the legal protests?

I ain't being funny mate but them blokes walking dressed as Ponochio and that poxy music by the club shop was cringe worthy. If you want to take action do it like men and not a load of kids.
    Like men? Or thugs?
  • WSS said:

This is a long game.

Like men? Or thugs?
    However you see fit.
  • LuckyReds said:

I'm reading a lot of words, but not really getting any substance. Sorry @WhenIwasLittleBoy but I have no clue what you're actually trying to say.

WSS said:

This is a long game.

Any suggestions?

Very basic very simple. The whole thing is about support the team and not the regime. Boycott all home games and attend away fixtures only.
    Everytime there is a protest there are only two people whose names get air time, simply raising their profile.

If only eh

But what message are you getting across...handing out masks and stickers. Does that really drive a message home.

What would you suggest? Surely anything stronger would risk an adverse effect on the team, the very thing you're attempting to look concerned about?
    Potentially, but as stated above attend away fixtures and not home. All revenues slashed, not such an attractive place to advertise as there is little or no audience, the club would also struggle to sell both corporate packages as well as executive boxes.
    That's how you hit them
    So are you saying don't attend home matches?
  • Nug said:

LuckyReds said:

WSS said:

This is a long game.

Any suggestions?

If only eh

That's how you hit them
    Think that's what I said. Cut all revenues short term and long term. You are still supporting the team by attending games however the owners will have to dig deeper to run the club making it no longer a attractive club to own.
  • WIWALB - just out of interest, what would you support / participate in on a match day.

A late arrival?
    An early walkout?
    Throwing things on the pitch to disrupt a game / whistles?

Genuine question. I know you are no supporter of RD / KM so need to understand what does appeal to those like you who are perfectly entitled to think some of the protest stuff so far is limp. You know we are not a club with the numbers to do things that will risk arrest, particular when they have 50 police circling the protest, so that automatically limits things. So what level does it go to next that moves it on and takes in you / others with the same view as you?
  • Sponsored links:

• Nug said:

LuckyReds said:

WSS said:

This is a long game.

Any suggestions?

If only eh

That's how you hit them
    Think that's what I said. Cut all revenues short term and long term. You are still supporting the team by attending games however the owners will have to dig deeper to run the club making it no longer a attractive club to own.
    That doesn't sound like supporting the team to me, and seems like it'll adversely affect them more than the stickers will at home games. So it's not about getting behind the team it's being even more aggressive with the protests to get the owners out for you?
  • Alot of football still to be played, time is running out but there is still time to turn this dreadfull season around.
    Just cannot accept we are down yet and just hope the team feel the same so will be shouting and singing and urging the team on until the fat lady sings.
    Roland and Katriens time will come eventually but for now i am just going to back the team.
  • One will have no impact as people will still go in before a game early I. Even kids or elder people.
    Would two work?? Maybe. Two thoughts here. If we are winning would people leave and if we are losing then so may have left already.
    Whistles..No thanks...throwing stuff on the pitch doable.
    If you were to walk out do it half time. This would cause maximum impact on the stewards to open.exits as.well as when she returns from having half time tea.and biscuits all the crowd have gone.
    Fans to switch to the West Lower and face her and sing at her throughout the game impairing her vision as well as embarrassing her in front of the other teams directors.
  • Nug said:

Nug said:

LuckyReds said:

WSS said:

This is a long game.

Any suggestions?

If only eh

That's how you hit them
    That doesn't sound like supporting the team to me, and seems like it'll adversely affect them more than the stickers will at home games. So it's not about getting behind the team it's being even more aggressive with the protests to get the owners out for you?
    You are supporting the team at away fixtures but reducing revenue streams. ,
  • WSS said:

This is a long game.

Like men? Or thugs?
    One man's thug is another man's freedom fighter
  • Mametz said:

There are a certain element sadly that no longer support the club and have an unhealthy obsession with getting the board. Support the team.

I take grave exception to this nonsense. I have been a supporter or a good deal longer than you and in that time I have turned up home and, very often, away in very thin times cheering on sometimes very poor sides. This time is very, very different though. The ownership of the club have made it clear that their ambition for the club is not even to aspire to being a Premier League club but merely become a nursery club to develop players for bigger clubs. The response from the owners to being stuck in a relegation battle two thirds of the way through a season was to try to appoint a Serbian manager living in Hungary with no experience whatsoever of English football and who could not speak English just because he already worked for the network. Do you really believe that these are the actions of a management that have any real or sensible interest in avoiding relegation? How is an interest in getting rid of the board that has put us in this situation unhealthy?

Even if by some miracle we were to avoid this season, do you honestly believe that we would not be in precisely the same mess, or worse next season?

In another thread on this site a poster asked me if I would rather end up like Portsmouth than have the current owners. Given that Portsmouth are now largely controlled by their own fans, are getting bigger crowds, even in the fourth tier, than we are and are chasing promotion, the answer from me is a resounding yes!
    Grave exception ???? Behave
  • WSS said:

This is a long game.

Like men? Or thugs?
    One man's thug is another man's freedom fighter
    Except when we are Ascot. Have a safe journey home mate.
  • Sponsored links:

• Stig said:

It says that our club is being run by puppets and liars. Honestly can't believe it's that hard to work out.
    Herein lies the ultimate ethical dilemma. If it was a successful club being run by puppets and liars would you still protest. Slater and Jiminez misled us about the amount of money they were going to bring into the club. Were they puppets of the moneyman Cash.......? Yes they made better decisions whilst they had money but puppets and liars - possibly.

I protest only because of the failure to learn from their mistakes shows poor management skills. A fact which they continue to repeat. If they learned from their mistakes then I doubt that people would be protesting.

Out with poor management

• WIWALB - just out of interest, what would you support / participate in on a match day.

A late arrival?
    An early walkout?
    Throwing things on the pitch to disrupt a game / whistles?

Genuine question. I know you are no supporter of RD / KM so need to understand what does appeal to those like you who are perfectly entitled to think some of the protest stuff so far is limp. You know we are not a club with the numbers to do things that will risk arrest, particular when they have 50 police circling the protest, so that automatically limits things. So what level does it go to next that moves it on and takes in you / others with the same view as you?

Did we get the gaffer tape and pickaxe handles with the Wickes's vouchers from TalkSport? Or did Lynn from Sidcup treat herself to some new trellis for the garden?
  • Stig said:

WSS said:

This is a long game.

Like men? Or thugs?
    However you see fit.
    People did protest however they saw fit, and you're arguing against it!
    You call that a protest. Ponochio masks, stickers and don't buy a chicken balti pie with bovril. Singing a few songs like you are at Greenham Common.
    That's has little or no impact.
  • Go on son you tell em lol

If only eh
    If only what fella, you speak more shit than anybody, are you saying your hard or something?

If only eh
    If only what fella, you speak more shit than anybody, are you saying your hard or something?
    Who moi ??
  • edited February 2016

Fans to switch to the West Lower and face her and sing at her throughout the game impairing her vision as well as embarrassing her in front of the other teams directors.

So that's your idea of supporting the team? Genius
  • Uboat said:

One will have no impact as people will still go in before a game early I. Even kids or elder people.
    Would two work?? Maybe. Two thoughts here. If we are winning would people leave and if we are losing then so may have left already.
    Whistles..No thanks...throwing stuff on the pitch doable.
    If you were to walk out do it half time. This would cause maximum impact on the stewards to open.exits as.well as when she returns from having half time tea.and biscuits all the crowd have gone.

So that's your idea of supporting the team? Genius
    No shit for brains what I would suggest as being active.

If only eh
    Who moi ??
    So just a Del Boy then.

If only eh
    Who moi ??
    So just a Del Boy then.
    Nothing wrong with that is there Trigger??