Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Time to get behind the team.

Comments

• Uboat said:

There are a certain element sadly that no longer support the club and have an unhealthy obsession with getting the board. Support the team.

Rubbish.

The people who are protesting SUPPORT THE CLUB.

They want the club to do well

They want the team to do well.

They want the team to win

But crucially see that the owners aren't helping the team or the club, in fact they are driving it to relegation and lower crowds all the while piling up more debt.

They, the owners, are the ones who are undermining the club through incompetent management and the team through inadequate recruitment not the protesting fans.

Bit touchy there...
    Possibly because you're talking out of your arse.
    Is that right?? Or is it because there is an objective view that you don't agree.
  • Uboat said:

There are a certain element sadly that no longer support the club and have an unhealthy obsession with getting the board. Support the team.

Rubbish.

But crucially see that the owners aren't helping the team or the club, in fact they are driving it to relegation and lower crowds all the while piling up more debt.

They, the owners, are the ones who are undermining the club through incompetent management and the team through inadequate recruitment not the protesting fans.

Bit touchy there...
    Is that right?? Or is it because there is an objective view that you don't agree.
    The former.
  • SE7toSG3 said:

for cheer the team or support the team, is that

leave it those who have always sung, the Covered End to make all the noise and then only show dissatisfaction after the final whistle and the players have been cheered off with encouragement, whilst the majority of the East and West sit silently save only for references to how long they have supported the club during worse times and then drift home five minutes before the end? Just want to get it right

Great comment. Always stood/sat in the covered end other than when we were at Shithurst and Upton Park.
  • Uboat said:

Uboat said:

Rubbish.

Bit touchy there...
    The former.
    If you say so
  • edited February 2016

Rubbish.

Bit touchy there...
    No, but since you just told me I no longer, in your eyes, support Charlton I would have every right to be.

If I said you're not a real Charlton fan because you don't protest you'd quite rightly tell me to do one.

Well, that's what you just did.

But saying "bit touchy there" is a nice way of not responding when you've said something silly.

• edited February 2016
    TBF I think sides of the house are guilty of rounding on the other which achieves nothing really. The support can affect a game, Cardiff 5-4, Cov away in the cup 3-2 and Utd 3-3 being examples I remember and still make me smile.

I am very anti regime (or at the very least demanding a change to the incompetent CEO) but I am still on the edge of my seat when we are either clinging on at the back or going forward. I genuinely think nearly all of those whether in 'red and white' or 'black and white' are the same.
  • SE7toSG3 said:

I genuinely think nearly all of those whether in 'red and white' or 'black and white' are the same.

Agree, we all want the team to win and the club to be successful IMHO
  • Sadly, they (RD & KM) are good at something and that is dividing the fans. We must stop trying to prove who loves the club the most and unite against the real enemy. They win otherwise.
  • Sponsored links:

• Kind of get both sides to this argument

There can't be any sane Charlton fan out there that want this regime to continue and the vast majority would back CARD despite some opinions about some of the ideas (opinions not moans).

But we as fans have a part to play, just as the players do.

There seems a horrible circle of players not giving their all because of lack of support and distractions, fans not supporting the players because they aren't giving their all and the side issue of fans protesting against the board during the game

You only have to look at the Twitter accounts of senior players to see the lack of cafc related stuff and a widening gap between players and supporters, even the likes of Jacko.

I haven't been since Colchester because it was a horrible day on and off the pitch and I probably haven't seen an atmosphere as poisonous since Dagenham away.

The return of Riga offered brief hope and with the squad and manager we have we should have been able to get out of this

But this is so far away from 2 years ago when the crowd played such an active part in helping the side, this won't happen now if 90% of songs are anti board rather than pro the team

And once again I urge CARD to back up the superb Support The Team Not The Regime banner by doing exactly that.

The flash protest to stop food and drink sales was brilliant as it hurt the club but didn't affect the team

The poster in Anchor and Hope Lane again brilliant

The 2 banners that made their debut at Rotherham brilliant

The last 2 ideas I didn't think were great.

But if I'm allowed a suggestion can the next idea be something that backs up the support the team line - discounted boat to Brentford maybe?
  • There are a certain element sadly that no longer support the club and have an unhealthy obsession with getting the board. Support the team.

Rubbish.

Bit touchy there...
    No, but since you just told me I no longer, in your eyes, support Charlton I would have every right to be.

If I said you're not a real Charlton fan because you don't protest you'd quite rightly tell me to do one.

Well, that's what you just did.

But saying "bit touchy there" is a nice way of not responding when you've said something silly.

Is that what I said?? I thought I said we should get behind the team as the players need our support in this relegation battle.
    I also support the club and will continue to do so regardless of which league they are in, who runs them and who the manager is.
    Why?? Because it's my team..

• Remember the FACup game at Fulham.Noise levels and passion in which we have to create for the team.

I've forgotten the score in that one. Can anyone remind me?
  • Uboat said:

Remember the FACup game at Fulham.Noise levels and passion in which we have to create for the team.

No doubt you forgot what we achieved that season, and where Fulham were.
  • Uboat said:

Remember the FACup game at Fulham.Noise levels and passion in which we have to create for the team.

So if there had been 4000 there we'd have lost 7-0? That's how it works, right?
  • There are a certain element sadly that no longer support the club and have an unhealthy obsession with getting the board. Support the team.

What an absolute load of bollocks, you sure your not still a little boy.

There can't be any sane Charlton fan out there that want this regime to continue and the vast majority would back CARD despite some opinions about some of the ideas (opinions not moans).

There seems a horrible circle of players not giving their all because of lack of support and distractions, fans not supporting the players because they aren't giving their all and the side issue of fans protesting against the board during the game

You only have to look at the Twitter accounts of senior players to see the lack of cafc related stuff and a widening gap between players and supporters, even the likes of Jacko.

I haven't been since Colchester because it was a horrible day on and off the pitch and I probably haven't seen an atmosphere as poisonous since Dagenham away.

The return of Riga offered brief hope and with the squad and manager we have we should have been able to get out of this

But this is so far away from 2 years ago when the crowd played such an active part in helping the side, this won't happen now if 90% of songs are anti board rather than pro the team

And once again I urge CARD to back up the superb Support The Team Not The Regime banner by doing exactly that.

The flash protest to stop food and drink sales was brilliant as it hurt the club but didn't affect the team

But if I'm allowed a suggestion can the next idea be something that backs up the support the team line - discounted boat to Brentford maybe?

So when the players run out, look up at your seat and see it's empty are they right to think 'if @SouthendAddick can't be bothered, why should we' ?

Support the team ..... I think not !
  • Personally the whole RD and KM battle at this moment in time is detracting from the real battle we have on our hands.
    The club are now starring relegation in the face and it has to be upto us fans to put aside all the demos and do what we as fans should do for the remaining games and get behind the team from the first minute in the remaining fixtures.
    Fulham will be the perfect place to start. Rather than turning up with a lame 1,000 and singing anti board songs we should turn up on mass and get behind the team in which is winnable game.
    Remember the FACup game at Fulham.Noise levels and passion in which we have to create for the team.The players and Riga need us and what goes on at board level is nothing to do with the players.
    Be proud of your team and help them out as much as we can in these remaining fixtures we are all in this together.

Yawn.

What an absolute load of bollocks, you sure your not still a little boy.
    LOL. ..I am sure a few on here know who I am. Another keyboard warrior
  • Sponsored links:

• Once again a post has been hijacked by the anti board messages. Rather than wasting your energy on a lost cause maybe you could support the team and give them the push they need.

We will sell-out at Fulham next week - those fans aren't spending £25 to slag players off.
    BUT they are expecting a decent team performance - same as we expect every match, but let's face it.............

We are pony, and some players should be embarrassed to pick up £5000+ a week and play so poorly.
    Look at the passbacks and sideways moves in the Cardiff game. We have a 6ft 7ins bloke upfront waiting for the ball, and an International on the wing - so either hoof it up, or play it wide and go forward.

We haven't had a penalty since I can remember (because we pose no threat in the box), our shots per game are a joke, and until recently even our corner count was poor.

Add to this, individual lack of skill of certain players ......and you can see why folk who have got up at silly o'clock to sit on a coach from Hastings might get disgruntled when training-ground stuff like through balls/bring-downs/corners/headed clearances etc are made a hash of.

All this claptrap about "sticking together" etc is horse manure - the players got us in this mess and only they can get us out of it.

Earn your £5000+ by putting in 90 mins of graft - say what you like about Cousins and Jacko but they put in a shift, while others go missing in games (JBG, Reza).

Poyet wants to be a Prem star - but a Cardiff fella went past him with the ball like he didn't exist.

Lord knows what the team thought of Sonogo when he came on to earn his pay against Cardiff - hopefully they took the hint.

We know it's too late - and so do the players, but let's go down with some dignity, instead of 3-0/4-0/5-0/6-0.

Rant over.
    That's Charlton, that's what we are as a club always have been and always will be. To enjoy the good times you have to have the crap as well, and then you appreciate it more.
    Some of the fans have been spoilt. I remember when we were skint, had a whip round to buy a player for 10 grand and a wall as a toilet.
    But that's my Charlton and I wouldn't change a thing.
    No it isn't. Charlton have always had players that put in 100% for 90 minutes in every game, that's one of the reasons I have loved watching them so much over the years. Many of these players do not do that. Even during the darkest times we could see passion and commitment in the players. This regime has bought players who are just happy to be picking up their wage and playing a few games. Their careers have been littered with moving around clubs and long spells out either through injury or from not being picked to play. The home grown players we have are shattered, because they are too young to have played so many games in such a short period of time.

I don't know what team you've been watching, but it bears no resemblance to the one I fell in love with.
    Charlton in the past have had players that couldn't kick a habit. The fact is people can say they are journeymen we hate this hate that don't like this or that but the point of the original post if u go back to the start it states that we should be getting behind the team, give them a lift, encourage them, that's what we as fans have to do during these remaining fixtures.
    There is no pics to being all bitter about what is going on...save it for another day.
    I'd give up now mate if I were you!

How did masks and stickers affect the team?
  • drewman said:

Once again a post has been hijacked by the anti board messages. Rather than wasting your energy on a lost cause maybe you could support the team and give them the push they need.

We will sell-out at Fulham next week - those fans aren't spending £25 to slag players off.
    BUT they are expecting a decent team performance - same as we expect every match, but let's face it.............

We are pony, and some players should be embarrassed to pick up £5000+ a week and play so poorly.
    Look at the passbacks and sideways moves in the Cardiff game. We have a 6ft 7ins bloke upfront waiting for the ball, and an International on the wing - so either hoof it up, or play it wide and go forward.

We haven't had a penalty since I can remember (because we pose no threat in the box), our shots per game are a joke, and until recently even our corner count was poor.

Add to this, individual lack of skill of certain players ......and you can see why folk who have got up at silly o'clock to sit on a coach from Hastings might get disgruntled when training-ground stuff like through balls/bring-downs/corners/headed clearances etc are made a hash of.

All this claptrap about "sticking together" etc is horse manure - the players got us in this mess and only they can get us out of it.

Earn your £5000+ by putting in 90 mins of graft - say what you like about Cousins and Jacko but they put in a shift, while others go missing in games (JBG, Reza).

Poyet wants to be a Prem star - but a Cardiff fella went past him with the ball like he didn't exist.

Lord knows what the team thought of Sonogo when he came on to earn his pay against Cardiff - hopefully they took the hint.

We know it's too late - and so do the players, but let's go down with some dignity, instead of 3-0/4-0/5-0/6-0.

Rant over.
    That's Charlton, that's what we are as a club always have been and always will be. To enjoy the good times you have to have the crap as well, and then you appreciate it more.
    Some of the fans have been spoilt. I remember when we were skint, had a whip round to buy a player for 10 grand and a wall as a toilet.
    But that's my Charlton and I wouldn't change a thing.
    No it isn't. Charlton have always had players that put in 100% for 90 minutes in every game, that's one of the reasons I have loved watching them so much over the years. Many of these players do not do that. Even during the darkest times we could see passion and commitment in the players. This regime has bought players who are just happy to be picking up their wage and playing a few games. Their careers have been littered with moving around clubs and long spells out either through injury or from not being picked to play. The home grown players we have are shattered, because they are too young to have played so many games in such a short period of time.

I don't know what team you've been watching, but it bears no resemblance to the one I fell in love with.
    Charlton in the past have had players that couldn't kick a habit. The fact is people can say they are journeymen we hate this hate that don't like this or that but the point of the original post if u go back to the start it states that we should be getting behind the team, give them a lift, encourage them, that's what we as fans have to do during these remaining fixtures.
    There is no pics to being all bitter about what is going on...save it for another day.
    I'd give up now mate if I were you!
    U ain't one them who dressed up as Ponochio yesterday was you.
  • Nug said:

Kind of get both sides to this argument

There same could be said about driving the board out. Bet they locked themselves in the boardroom and hid under the tables.
  • Uboat said:

Uboat said:

Uboat said:

Uboat said:

Words fail me with you.
  • Nug said:

Kind of get both sides to this argument

There same could be said about driving the board out. Bet they locked themselves in the boardroom and hid under the tables.
    We're not talking about how it affects the board as per the title of this thread. He said the last two protests affected the team. How does stickers and masks affect the players? The stand up if you want them out has been sung at a number of games including the boycotting of food and drink protest game.
  • Uboat said:

Uboat said:

Uboat said:

Uboat said:

Words fail me with you.
    Hallelujah
  • Boycotting food and drinks. Ouch
  • Uboat said:

Uboat said:

Uboat said:

Uboat said:

Uboat said:

Words fail me with you.
    Hallelujah
    No doubt at Fulham.