Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Time to get behind the team.

Comments

• Uboat said:

Uboat said:

Uboat said:

Remember the FACup game at Fulham.Noise levels and passion in which we have to create for the team.

I've forgotten the score in that one. Can anyone remind me?
    No doubt you forgot what we achieved that season, and where Fulham were.
    So if there had been 4000 there we'd have lost 7-0? That's how it works, right?
    Uboat said:

Uboat said:

Remember the FACup game at Fulham.Noise levels and passion in which we have to create for the team.

Words fail me with you.
    Hallelujah
    No doubt at Fulham.
    That doesn't mean anything. I preferred you when words failed you.
  • I know it's difficult being motivated at the moment to go and spend money and time on away games, but I can't help but feel it would be a boost not only to the players but to the protests as well. Even better, if you're boycotting the Valley then go to away games and support the team there, whilst continuing to not give a penny to RD and co.
  • drewman said:

Once again a post has been hijacked by the anti board messages. Rather than wasting your energy on a lost cause maybe you could support the team and give them the push they need.

We will sell-out at Fulham next week - those fans aren't spending £25 to slag players off.
    BUT they are expecting a decent team performance - same as we expect every match, but let's face it.............

We are pony, and some players should be embarrassed to pick up £5000+ a week and play so poorly.
    Look at the passbacks and sideways moves in the Cardiff game. We have a 6ft 7ins bloke upfront waiting for the ball, and an International on the wing - so either hoof it up, or play it wide and go forward.

We haven't had a penalty since I can remember (because we pose no threat in the box), our shots per game are a joke, and until recently even our corner count was poor.

Add to this, individual lack of skill of certain players ......and you can see why folk who have got up at silly o'clock to sit on a coach from Hastings might get disgruntled when training-ground stuff like through balls/bring-downs/corners/headed clearances etc are made a hash of.

All this claptrap about "sticking together" etc is horse manure - the players got us in this mess and only they can get us out of it.

Earn your £5000+ by putting in 90 mins of graft - say what you like about Cousins and Jacko but they put in a shift, while others go missing in games (JBG, Reza).

Poyet wants to be a Prem star - but a Cardiff fella went past him with the ball like he didn't exist.

Lord knows what the team thought of Sonogo when he came on to earn his pay against Cardiff - hopefully they took the hint.

We know it's too late - and so do the players, but let's go down with some dignity, instead of 3-0/4-0/5-0/6-0.

Rant over.
    That's Charlton, that's what we are as a club always have been and always will be. To enjoy the good times you have to have the crap as well, and then you appreciate it more.
    Some of the fans have been spoilt. I remember when we were skint, had a whip round to buy a player for 10 grand and a wall as a toilet.
    But that's my Charlton and I wouldn't change a thing.
    No it isn't. Charlton have always had players that put in 100% for 90 minutes in every game, that's one of the reasons I have loved watching them so much over the years. Many of these players do not do that. Even during the darkest times we could see passion and commitment in the players. This regime has bought players who are just happy to be picking up their wage and playing a few games. Their careers have been littered with moving around clubs and long spells out either through injury or from not being picked to play. The home grown players we have are shattered, because they are too young to have played so many games in such a short period of time.

I don't know what team you've been watching, but it bears no resemblance to the one I fell in love with.
    Charlton in the past have had players that couldn't kick a habit. The fact is people can say they are journeymen we hate this hate that don't like this or that but the point of the original post if u go back to the start it states that we should be getting behind the team, give them a lift, encourage them, that's what we as fans have to do during these remaining fixtures.
    There is no pics to being all bitter about what is going on...save it for another day.
    I'd give up now mate if I were you!
    U ain't one them who dressed up as Ponochio yesterday was you.
    Wasn't there yesterday mate as not keen to give this wanky regime any of my money. But will be at Fulham next week cheering on those in the team that warrant it and joining in any anti Belgian chants.
  • Boycotting food and drinks. Ouch

So you going to answer how boycotting food and drink or handing out masks and stickers affects the team performance regardless of how pathetic you think those protests are? Genuinely interested as to how that affects the players. If there is a negative atmosphere do you not think that is due to our form, league position and fans disillusionment with the current owners. If you think it's all great then I take my hat off to you but a majority of fans obviously don't feel that way right now.
  • Uboat said:

Uboat said:

Uboat said:

Uboat said:

Uboat said:

Uboat said:

Words fail me with you.
    Hallelujah
    No doubt at Fulham.
    That doesn't mean anything. I preferred you when words failed you.
    Thought so
  • Nug said:

Boycotting food and drinks. Ouch

So you going to answer how boycotting food and drink or handing out masks and stickers affects the team performance regardless of how pathetic you think those protests are? Genuinely interested as to how that affects the players. If there is a negative atmosphere do you not think that is due to our form, league position and fans disillusionment with the current owners. If you think it's all great then I take my hat off to you but a majority of fans obviously don't feel that way right now.
    If that's your idea of driving people out of a club by handing out stickers and masks and telling people not to buy food (which anyone with more than two brain cells wouldn't buy from there) or drink is going to effect them then thank Christmas you ain't heading up the anti terrorist team.
  • Christ this has escalated quickly. Has anyone come out and said they want us to lose? We can all shout like we did in the last 20 minutes but if none of us cared then we would not bother going. The chances of us staying up are slim but I will shout us on to victory whilst shouting at the Rat and his cult follower to leave.
  • WSSWSS
    edited February 2016
    WIWLB - Did you think forming a political party and canvassing homes in Charlton, back in the day, was a waste of time as well?

This is a long game.

Sure we could smash up reception (is that the kind of stuff you're hinting at?) and stuff but does that really achieve anything better than the legal protests?
  • Go on son you tell em lol
  • WSS said:

WIWLB - Did you think forming a political party and canvassing homes in Charlton, back in the day, was a waste of time as well?

This is a long game.

Sure we could smash up reception (is that the kind of stuff you're hinting at?) and stuff but does that really achieve anything better than the legal protests?

I ain't being funny mate but them blokes walking dressed as Ponochio and that poxy music by the club shop was cringe worthy. If you want to take action do it like men and not a load of kids.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2016
    kentred2 said:

There are a certain element sadly that no longer support the club and have an unhealthy obsession with getting the board. Support the team.

You don't support the club. You support the regime and their team who are destroying the club I support.
    Small minded, short-terminism, head in the sands bullshit about support this hopeless bunch of players is
    as destructive as the vermin that is the Belgians and Murray.
    I understand your view, truly I do, buy may I ask (without being accused of 'supporting RD and KM') how far are you happy for our club to fall in order to have a change of ownership?

Would you prefer third division than RD? Would you prefer forth division than RD? Would you still be unwilling to show support to the club if we were struggling to avoid falling into non-league?

I only ask as I am most disillusioned about our current predicament and as disinterested in the club than I think I've ever been but I would do anything to keep us from falling into the third division again and I, personally, think that staying away and/or making the atmosphere unpleasant for our players is not going to help out relegation battle.
  • Go on son you tell em lol

These two fellas Harleypete and Uboat make me giggle.
    If only eh
  • It is up to the players to create an atmosphere by playing with some kind of gusto and intent. The last 20 mins or so, the crowd got excited and thought something may happen and got behind the players again. I actually realised at that moment I could not remember the last time I had felt like that.

When you are walking to the ground and see a team selection including Reza, Bergdich, Mak, Jackson and Fox in a must win game it hardly fills you with confidence or desire to make lots of positive noises. That's half the team who would not get into a League One side.
  • Nug said:

Boycotting food and drinks. Ouch

If that's your idea of driving people out of a club by handing out stickers and masks and telling people not to buy food (which anyone with more than two brain cells wouldn't buy from there) or drink is going to effect them then thank Christmas you ain't heading up the anti terrorist team.
    I get you think the protests are crap but you still aren't saying how those protests affect the team. If they are so ridiculous and laughable then they shouldn't make any difference to the performances should they, unless the players are pissing themselves so much looking at the masks they can't play.
  • But what message are you getting across...handing out masks and stickers. Does that really drive a message home.
  • kentred2 said:

There are a certain element sadly that no longer support the club and have an unhealthy obsession with getting the board. Support the team.

You don't support the club. You support the regime and their team who are destroying the club I support.
    Small minded, short-terminism, head in the sands bullshit about support this hopeless bunch of players is
    I understand your view, truly I do, buy may I ask (without being accused of 'supporting RD and KM) how far are you happy for our club to fall in order to have a change of ownership?

Would you prefer third division than RD? Would you prefer forth division than RD? Would you still be unwilling to show support to the club if we were struggling to avoid falling into non-league?

I only ask as I am most disillusioned about our current predicament and as disinterested in the club than I think I've ever been but I would do anything to keep us from falling into the third vision again and I, personally, think that staying away and/or making the atmosphere unpleasant for our players is not going to help out relegation battle.
    In my mind I support the club but not the regime and its team ie its history, the Valley, it's fans etc.

Well first off I don't have the same dread of the third division. Had some great times 72/75, 80/81 and the recent promotion. Great memories. So yes I think relegation would be good to rid us of this fool and would provide more great memories.

How far though if 1 relegation does not rid us of him? Hypothetical because I think if he stayed we would drop further anyway but I would say whatever it takes to get a new owner in.
  • kentred2 said:

kentred2 said:

I understand your view, truly I do, buy may I ask (without being accused of 'supporting RD and KM) how far are you happy for our club to fall in order to have a change of ownership?

I only ask as I am most disillusioned about our current predicament and as disinterested in the club than I think I've ever been but I would do anything to keep us from falling into the third vision again and I, personally, think that staying away and/or making the atmosphere unpleasant for our players is not going to help out relegation battle.
    In my mind I support the club but not the regime and its team ie its history, the Valley, it's fans etc.

Well first off I don't have the same dread of the third division. Had some great times 72/75, 80/81 and the recent promotion. Great memories. So yes I think relegation would be good to rid us of this fool and would provide more great memories.

How far though if 1 relegation does not rid us of him? Hypothetical because I think if he stayed we would drop further anyway but I would say whatever it takes to get a new owner in.
    That's really quite sad.
  • kentred2 said:

kentred2 said:

That's really quite sad.
    Lol. Nice of you to be concerned but I am ok ta.

Best years are the promotions and you can't go up without first going down.
  • Fair enough, guess you don't want to answer how the protests adversely affect the team. Probably because in your own words handing out stickers and masks has no effect at all.
  • Nug said:

Fair enough, guess you don't want to answer how the protests adversely affect the team. Probably because in your own words handing out stickers and masks has no effect at all.

I am asking what do you feel it does and will achieve?? From what I could see from a photo on Twitter she took a mask and wore a sticker and was laughing.
  • Sponsored links:

• kentred2 said:

kentred2 said:

kentred2 said:

That's really quite sad.

But you would be happy to see the clubs slip threw the leagues if it meant they left the club.?
    Are you then saying if the team stayed up and got promoted (highly unlikely I know) you wouldn't go?
  • Once again a post has been hijacked by the anti board messages. Rather than wasting your energy on a lost cause maybe you could support the team and give them the push they need.

From one lost cause to another you could say.
  • But what message are you getting across...handing out masks and stickers. Does that really drive a message home.

It says that our club is being run by puppets and liars. Honestly can't believe it's that hard to work out.
  • Nug said:

Fair enough, guess you don't want to answer how the protests adversely affect the team. Probably because in your own words handing out stickers and masks has no effect at all.

I am asking what do you feel it does and will achieve?? From what I could see from a photo on Twitter she took a mask and wore a sticker and was laughing.
    This thread isn't about the merits or effectiveness of the protests though is it? It's about whether they affect the team. You think the protests are unbelievably crap and have no effect, fair enough. But then by the same token, how do they affect performances if they are that pathetic?
  • edited February 2016
    I'm reading a lot of words, but not really getting any substance. Sorry @WhenIwasLittleBoy but I have no clue what you're actually trying to say.

WSS said:

This is a long game.

I ain't being funny mate but them blokes walking dressed as Ponochio and that poxy music by the club shop was cringe worthy. If you want to take action do it like men and not a load of kids.
    Any suggestions?

Go on son you tell em lol

These two fellas Harleypete and Uboat make me giggle.
    If only eh
    Ah, because you are so elegantly providing an argument against them aren't you?

But what message are you getting across...handing out masks and stickers. Does that really drive a message home.

What would you suggest? Surely anything stronger would risk an adverse effect on the team, the very thing you're attempting to look concerned about?
  • kentred2 said:

kentred2 said:

kentred2 said:

In my mind I support the club but not the

That's really quite sad.

But you would be happy to see the clubs slip threw the leagues if it meant they left the club.?
    Are you then saying if the team stayed up and got promoted (highly unlikely I know) you wouldn't go?
    To premier league? Um? No. Because if that happened it would mean we all got Roland wrong. As you say not likely.
  • Stig said:

But what message are you getting across...handing out masks and stickers. Does that really drive a message home.

It says that our club is being run by puppets and liars. Honestly can't believe it's that hard to work out.
    Apparently it is with this bloke. He gets lost for words, and thoughts, quite quickly.
  • Nug. I can't see how anyone who attended the last 2 home games could think that the anti-board chanting and prevailing atmosphere didn't have a negative effect on the team and therefore possibly, the result.
    The question is....is that acceptable?

• James46 said:

Nug. I can't see how anyone who attended the last 2 home games could think that the anti-board chanting and prevailing atmosphere didn't have a negative effect on the team and therefore possibly, the result.
    The question is....is that acceptable?

Why do you think that though? Is it because the team have played so well at home the rest of the time?
  • There are a certain element sadly that no longer support the club and have an unhealthy obsession with getting the board. Support the team.

Rubbish.

The people who are protesting SUPPORT THE CLUB.

They want the club to do well

They want the team to do well.

They want the team to win

But crucially see that the owners aren't helping the team or the club, in fact they are driving it to relegation and lower crowds all the while piling up more debt.

They, the owners, are the ones who are undermining the club through incompetent management and the team through inadequate recruitment not the protesting fans.

Bit touchy there...
    No, but since you just told me I no longer, in your eyes, support Charlton I would have every right to be.

If I said you're not a real Charlton fan because you don't protest you'd quite rightly tell me to do one.

Well, that's what you just did.

But saying "bit touchy there" is a nice way of not responding when you've said something silly.

Is that what I said?? I thought I said we should get behind the team as the players need our support in this relegation battle.
    I also support the club and will continue to do so regardless of which league they are in, who runs them and who the manager is.
    Why?? Because it's my team..
    Ooh, bit touchy there

: - )

And yes, that is what you said.

"There are a certain element that sadly no longer support the club" to be precise.