Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cafc v Bristol City - Post match views

Comments

• Greenie said:

All of them were a disgrace from Hendersons non save of the pen and frightened little boy Fox to Jackson half a yard behind and anonymous Cousins through to the waste of height Mak.
    None of them are fit to wear the shirt.
    And on one of the windiest days this year whose idea was it to keep heading or kicking the ball in the air for 85 mins.
    Fuck off Roland fuck off Meire and take those poor excuses of footballers with you.
    To those that weren't there, league one is where we will be playing next season, we don't have any men in our team for a relegation fight!
    Tossers!

Cousins wasn't anonymous, in my opinion. Was
    always wanting the ball and had two runs through the middle stopped by fouls (for which one player was booked and the other not!?)
    Wow 2 runs
    I've had the runs today's more times than that
    The point I was making is that he wasn't anonymous. If he had been allowed to continue with the runs rather than being pulled back then we may have had some scoring opportunities.

Good joke though.
  • Unwell today so missed it.

Sounds like illness was the better option.
  • LenGlover said:

Unwell today so missed it.

Sounds like illness was the better option.

You had a result Len if you know what I mean :wink:
  • Well, I wasn't expecting anything like a good game today considering the two poor teams involved and the rotten weather but I really felt like gouging my own eyes out sitting through that.

I reckon we need to win at least 8 more games this season. To be honest, I can't see us scoring 8 more goals all year.

If Duchatelet really has no intention of selling up I fear we will end up like Tranmere or Grimsby.
  • @RedChaser. As most clubs do not pick up future opponents until two weeks prior to their fixture, the Burnley scout would have been watching a player or two, probably anticipating the premier league money coming their way if they get promoted.
  • Missed It said:

Well, I wasn't expecting anything like a good game today considering the two poor teams involved and the rotten weather but I really felt like gouging my own eyes out sitting through that.

I reckon we need to win at least 8 more games this season. To be honest, I can't see us scoring 8 more goals all year.

If Duchatelet really has no intention of selling up I fear we will end up like Tranmere or Grimsby.

We need to average over 1.5 points a game from hereon in. Currently we average 0.8, and in the last ten games that drops to .233 a game.

Not going to happen, is it.
  • mogodon said:

Missed It said:

Well, I wasn't expecting anything like a good game today considering the two poor teams involved and the rotten weather but I really felt like gouging my own eyes out sitting through that.

We need to average over 1.5 points a game from hereon in. Currently we average 0.8, and in the last ten games that drops to .233 a game.

Nope, we are fucked.
  • Sponsored links:

• Tutt-Tutt said:

@RedChaser. As most clubs do not pick up future opponents until two weeks prior to their fixture, the Burnley scout would have been watching a player or two, probably anticipating the premier league money coming their way if they get promoted.

You might think that they would have seen our opponents' players before.

Sadly, these days, at Charlton it's very much "Move along there, nothing to see here, move along..."
  • edited February 2016
    Tutt-Tutt said:

@RedChaser. As most clubs do not pick up future opponents until two weeks prior to their fixture, the Burnley scout would have been watching a player or two, probably anticipating the premier league money coming their way if they get promoted.

He could well have been, he did mention JBG, who although not firing on all cylinders of late, was the only one who would command a decent fee in a fire sale if we got relegated unless someone was prepared to take a punt on Lookman that is. He also felt that Cousins development had stalled somewhat.
  • mogodon said:

Missed It said:

Maybe not but it could still be a low points total required to stay up.
  • mogodon said:

Missed It said:

Personally, I'd be inclined to think our only hope of staying up is a sniper with a .22....

However, that is apparently illegal, so it's back to the drawing board.
  • mogodon said:

Missed It said:

Personally, I'd be inclined to think our only hope of staying up is a sniper with a .22....

However, that is apparently illegal, so it's back to the drawing board.
    I'm keeping my eye on this site: http://earthquaketrack.com/p/belgium/recent
  • mogodon said:

Missed It said:

Maybe not but it could still be a low points total required to stay up.
    The average points to avoid relegation the last 5 years is 45 points, that's 7 wins for us. I still think we'd need more to make up for the horrible goal difference. We have to go from a 16% win percentage so far this season, to 45% for the remainder of our games, which include 5 of the top 6 teams.
  • mogodon said:

Missed It said:

No, we need to get more points than 3 other teams in the league. I think a team will finish 4th bottom with a pathetic points total this season, there are several other rubbish teams in this league this season, it's about sneaking wins here and there

• mogodon said:

Missed It said:

No, we need to get more points than 3 other teams in the league. I think a team will finish 4th bottom with a pathetic points total this season, there are several other rubbish teams in this league this season, it's about sneaking wins here and there

We just lost to ones of those rubbish teams today, unfortunately. Optimism was much easier last week, with 3 points in our pocket.
  • Sponsored links:

• Tutt-Tutt said:

If I didn't know any better, that performance looked like Carol was still in charge. Football without brains. Sideways and backwards to Lennon, who hoofed it up field to Big Mak, who won a few headers but lost the majority. That was it.

For those of you guessing at the formation and coming up with 4-4-3 (lol). We started 4-4-2. Bristol city were 4-2-3-1. We pulled Bergdich infield to pick up the third central midfielder to a lop-sided 4-4-2 We changed at half time to 4-2-3-1, with JBG in the middle of Lookman on the left and Bergdich on the right. I gave up after Reza came on and played in every position across the front line, but nowhere in particular.

Always interested to hear your informed analysis Tutt-Tutt.
    I know nothing, but every time I looked it seemed like Bristol were playing with a back 5.
    They also seemed to be playing a very high line, but our laboured build-up or aimless hoofs forward were not troubling them in the slightest.
    Our tactics seemed ineffective and we lacked the nous or invention to trouble them.
    To me it seemed the head coach did not do anything effective to change things.
    I did wonder whether Igor with his ability to sometimes turn defenders and break free would have made a difference, but probably not.
    Bristol offered nothing until the debatable pen and maybe if we had scored first it would have been different.
    Having said that the ref bottled a stone wall pen for them shortly after.
    5 January signings and none of the remaining 4 played. It would be hilarious if it wasn't tragic.

• Absolute rubbish being spoken on here about players

The bully boys are at it about Fox (Wilson/pope/Green) Totaly over the top in both the comments and booing when he came off. He made some bad passes going forward but defensively was more than ok. The trouble is that fans are looking for a scapegoat and he is firmly in the firing line.

There was others in the team that fans look through rose tinted glasses as offensively only a couple of crosses (from Solly) what did the front 6 contribute. In some cases it would appear the they also make wrong decisions. Bergidich had a chance to put Fox through at one point in the second half and played a really terrible pass to their defender and doesn't get the pelters that Fox does. Flicks from Big Mak,JBG and Bergidich didn't come off and Cousins and JJ didn't add anything and again they don't get the pelters he does.

He (Fox) may need to be rested, he may not be quite at the standard required but slating him continiously does not help because finally when these bully boys force him out of the club they will move onto another poor soul.

Pissed off with the poor performance, pissed off with the regime but listening to those at the ground today and the venom written on this forum is worse.

Support the team and not the regime will never work when we have supporters he turn on their own !!

THIS
  • We are always hopeless at breaking down teams who park the the bus at the Valley. Until such time that we get a creative and willing runner from midfield, that will never change. All is not lost, we are still only three points from seeing safety. Diarra back in midfield could make a huge difference, as would Vetokele who was also a big miss today. I have confidence that Riga will quickly realise that we cannot continue with Jacko in midfield and that he will start giving Harriott more game time. We may well be more effective away from the Valley playing on the counter attack. It may also be easier to break down mid table teams rather than teams battling relegation like Bristol. Still plenty of points to be played for, keep the faith and get behind the team.
  • Clueless today, all last weeks good work out the window. We are a joke under this regime and will go down.

The decision to loan out Watt and take on a new forward who is apperantly injured seems another top managerial decision.

Sadly Lookman was totally a wasted today and seemed to be continually been given advice from the bench, not played in the right position particularly second half imo, don't have a clue what Riga was doing.

Thought we would bombard them late on, to bring Ba on was a joke.

A game we needed to win and we hardly had an effort at goal. Many challenges bottled particularly by Gudmundson and Fox was back to his normal pathetic self.

Pinocchio was walking around by the shop before the game, if she was a bloke I would probably have hit her.

The whole set up is rotten to the core and all those staff who continue to back the regime are mad and sadly many will probably loose their jobs next year as further cutbacks will be made to cut costs.
  • Bristol City were far from brilliant but did the basics well, got their scrappy goal and deservedly won.

You can talk formations all you like but, whatever 'system' we played, our execution was atrocious.
  • Wasn't at the game. Was at Rotherham last week. Watched the highlights on C5 which didn't feature one single attack from us. Despite reading through this thread I'm finding it hard to explain why or how this performance could be so bad compared to last week. All I can guess is we just got lucky at Rotherham. Unless it was down to the small stadium and a different atmosphere - again guessing as I wasn't there. Last week I thought we had turned things around and our luck had changed. A different team would have buried the penalty and would have won 3 - 2. Now agree with most on here. We are probably going down unless Sanogo proves to be mustard and Vetokele remains injury free. We still need a couple of good championship players in but that's not going to happen. The midfield is so inconsistent that it appears the forwards have nothing to feed off. Or as I'm reading our defenders are just hoofing it up to Mak. We don't have players with strength, brains or ability for the fight. #thankskarel

Last week Rotherham left big gaps when they attacked which allowed us to counter. Plus our final ball and finish were superb.

Bristol didn't leave many gaps because they didn't commit too many forward. They won enough of their individual battles to make it a stalemate as a contest with the added bonus for them of having got the penalty.

Two big moments for me....the penalty award and the non red card for the foul on Reza. In another season both might have gone the other way.

It was a crap game in crap windy conditions.