Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cafc v Bristol City - Post match views

Comments

• Awful and very disappointing after last weeks result.

Didn't look like a pen to me but we didn't deserve anything.

Though Mak played well first half but was poorer in the second. Fox shouldn't have been booed but he was awful and should have been subbed a lot earlier.

The centre two though were anonymous (Cousins slightly better than Jacko), they and no point got hold of the game.

• OS says Solly gave away penalty. Most on here think it was JBG. Who was it? I was too far away in East Stand to see clearly.
  • br6red said:

OS says Solly gave away penalty. Most on here think it was JBG. Who was it? I was too far away in East Stand to see clearly.

Watch the Highlights above, definitely JBG.
  • edited February 2016
    DRAddick said:
    Solly moves towards the penalty spot just before the penalty, losing Tomlin completely. This leaves JBG forced to chase back after Tomlin as Tomlin drifts wide.
  • br6red said:

OS says Solly gave away penalty. Most on here think it was JBG. Who was it? I was too far away in East Stand to see clearly.

Definitely JBG - watch the highlights. Hand on Tomlin's back.
  • At least our league position can't get any worse

There is always a positive.
  • Awful, there were no redeeming features. Did not really create a chance. Bristol looked as if they wanted it.
    Sorry to say even the protests were a bit muted. It did not help that it occurred at the same time as the penalty.
  • One step forward 31/01/16

Two steps back 06/02/16
  • Sponsored links:

• Nice to see Waggy.
    Very soft penalty.
    We tried hard but rarely looked like scoring.
    Fox played okay at times and then played poorly.
    Lack of a playmaker in midfield. Jackson tried hard but was off the pace. I think he is the weak link but there again he is a fine captain.
    Once Brizzle went in front they gained in confidence. They could easily have scored a few more goals.
    We are probably better on the counter attack.
    A win next week will change things, ha! ever hopeful!
    Oh, their crowd sang well throughout.
  • On our turnstiles there simply must be now the following:

Abandon hope all ye that enter here.

We are clueless, hopeless and without a doubt, doomed. Congratulations Roland.
  • Awful, there were no redeeming features. Did not really create a chance. Bristol looked as if they wanted it.
    Sorry to say even the protests were a bit muted. It did not help that it occurred at the same time as the penalty.

It may have been pre-planned, but terrible timing unfortunately
  • Was that the softest penalty you've ever seen? The second one looked more likely...
  • Pathetic performance - team didn't turn up. No quality at all.
    Hope the players are embarrassed(again).
    Bottom at last!
  • Very depressed today.

Why didn't we set up 4-4-2 with Makienok and reza up front,

Presumably becUse Riga didn't trust reza to deputise for Vetokele.

This was a mistake.

• Fecking awful display.

Fox might get the stick but JBG can feck off , stealing a wage . A true talanted player who is going through the motions badly !

Poyet should be in that team

50 mins before we had our first shot

Never looked like scoring

We are where we deserve to be bottom .
  • seth plum said:

PWR.

Just arrived home very unhappy, as I suspect many others will be feeling too. However every cloud has a silver lining, which means the more of us who are upset the happier our resident troll will be. I think you know who I mean, the one who says we should all basically be like them, and does not resist snide remarks because other people are other people.
    Kerching, got that off my chest, so Mr Troll enjoy this weekend as I'm sure you will.

Today was back to the past, and I fear a stare at the future. This regime might have their deluded ideas about how to make us in their image, but as for Roland not doing failure, well Roland I reckon you're in for a new experience because we are going down.

Chris Solly was amazingly stupid to give away a clear penalty, and an admirable in many ways Bristol City did the rest.

See that's the big thing you're missing Roland, you can create what you like, but there are other teams, clubs, managers, players and supporters in this division to contend with. Your theory might work in an eternity of Charlton Athletic always playing Charlton Athletic, but we exist (for a brief while) in a context, a context you Roland have no interest in acknowledging.

Did we have a corner? Did we have an attempt on goal? If we did I missed them. We had a farcical moment when one down when the referee eschewing a second penalty to Bristol City allowed play to continue, and led to Henderson batting and stretching to get a loose ball away like a cat playing with a fringe on a curtain. Bristol City ought to have scored then, but were so stunned by our utter ineptitude their players didn't make the effort to score what looked like a buy one get one free gift of a goal.

That meant the game continued and we stupidly held on to some hope whereas a second goal might have at least led to some juicy protesting which ought to remain the number one focus if we want to see a real football club attempting real football. As it is we have a situation where we basically continue Fraeye/Luzon/Peeters style trying to make a cake with only salt and pepper!

Of our players, well Jordan Cousins once again gave everything, but anything attempted was undone by Mac, and Bergditch, an unfit now Jacko, and later a disgraceful Reza who seems to exist only to say 'look at me I'm on a football pitch'. Today was the same bad as all season, and they say it's the hope that kills you, well relax guys because it seems all hope is gone.

The melon bought a new car today so possibly too busy test driving it to know the score.
  • Sponsored links:

• Absolute rubbish performance. Highlight for me was treading in horse shit walking down Floyd Road, after that the afternoon just got worse. I have never ever slated one of our players before but will make an exception today Morgan Fox was total toilet.

Katrien having her own dirty protest.
  • All round crap performance. I could have played in goal for City, we offered nothing going forward.

Riga drop a ball by having neither of the 2 new signings on the bench, it needed a lift and we had the same old non performers on the bench
  • Riga made a mistake in not having either Fanni or Sanogo on the bench . No need for both Sarr and Johnson with Igor being injured. And it would have given another option attacking wise.

JJ cannot be in a midfield 2 at this level anymore. We just get over-run.

Depressing afternoon. Roland out
  • I was surprised at the initial line up, I think we need to play 4-4-2 with a possibility of moving from that but to start 4-4-2.

I think the players aren't good enough to change ideas and to and I think we were trying for 4-3-3 from the start. Mistake from Riga.

I think Simon needs gingering up for every game. A bit like a racing horse that acts like a donkey. We should employ someone to insert an inch cube of ginger into an apprise place before the start of the game and this may make his effort more reliable.

Simon!! Bloody Simon!!!! Please!!!!!!!
  • Total shit.

Team set up - shit
    Players -shit
    Supporters - very very shit
    Result - totally shit

• Penalty my fucking arse!