Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cafc v Bristol City - Post match views

Comments

• Well, that was a pile of steaming manure, wasn't it. Not sure where we go from here. Clueless. Feel really downbeat after today.
  • I know he already said they wouldn't play but I expected both on the bench
  • Feel absolutely gutted.

Not just because Charlton cost me 198 on my acca, but I so hoped that if we had added to last weeks great performance we could have got a bit of momentum.

So many positive signs last week just seem to have evaporated
  • The Riga effect has obviously worn off.
  • Worse game I've seen this season. Best performer was probably the ref. Windy conditions yet the ball was always in the air. They (and their kit) were bad. We were a lot worse.
  • What an awful spectacle that was, regardless of the result.

Our unique combination of wrongheaded strategy and panic tactics has left us with a team so disjointed and lacking in confidence that I can't tell the good players from the bad. No way are we pulling this round now.

Was it a penalty?
  • Sponsored links:

• It was JBG who gave away the penalty wasn't it?
  • 24 Red said:

What an awful spectacle that was, regardless of the result.

Our unique combination of wrongheaded strategy and panic tactics has left us with a team so disjointed and lacking in confidence that I can't tell the good players from the bad. No way are we pulling this round now.

Was it a penalty?

Good players from the bad , don't you mean the bad from the absolute hopeless , all poor ..
  • JBG gave away the penalty
  • Was it a penalty
  • Absolute rubbish performance. Highlight for me was treading in horse shit walking down Floyd Road, after that the afternoon just got worse. I have never ever slated one of our players before but will make an exception today Morgan Fox was total toilet.
  • Just all too slow and predictable. It was like every player needed to take a couple of touches of the ball to give himself time to think what to do with it next.

The one time when they shifted it quick, Solly got in on the right side.

Felt sorry for Fox. Yes he had a shocking game, but to cheer him off was very harsh and any confidence he had left will surely now be gone.

Thought the ref was poor.

Ref was bad, but equally bad for both teams.
  • We were very poor - but they set themselves up to defend and try to get us on the break - which they did. Thought the penalty was a bit soft and another ref might not have given it. None of the players had particularly good games and a few - especially Fox and Bergditch were awful. Please loan in a decent left back! Makienok was back to his usual. I actually thought Ba looked really good when he came on...
  • Don't know if winning last week made it worse, but that was as bad as anything this season. There was no creativity whatsoever, the only variation on belting it at Makienok was to hoof it to Reza. Neither tactic was exactly productive.

Thought Cousins was worth his wages, but quite a few should be ashamed of themselves.
  • Sponsored links:

• Well, that's that then I guess. Another groundhog day..... different game, same shit. Why oh why just for once can't we start on the front foot and have go! Can't even be bothered to single out individual players, too many too bad. No creativity, toothless up front, nothing in midfield, been like it all season. After 50 years there is no way I'm watching third division shite with these tossers in charge .. the only way is down. Good luck to those who will battle on but I've had enough.
  • Shit game between two awful sides. Clueless. Struggling to think of any player who comes out of that with any credit. I left when Makienok managed to head a pinpoint cross in the 6 yard box BACKWARDS!! Wtf?? Going down,totally convinced of that. Well done Roland,Meire and Murray,systematically ruined this great club of ours.
  • I was surprised at the initial line up, I think we need to play 4-4-2 with a possibility of moving from that but to start 4-4-2.

I think the players aren't good enough to change ideas and to and I think we were trying for 4-3-3 from the start. Mistake from Riga.

I think Simon needs gingering up for every game. A bit like a racing horse that acts like a donkey. We should employ someone to insert an inch cube of ginger into an apprise place before the start of the game and this may make his effort more reliable.

• Shit game, shit ref. Missed the pen as I was getting up for the "stand up if you want them out" in the 19th minute. However think they should have had another shortly afterwards. As for the wall at the free kick when Rezza got pulled down, it was at most 6-7 yards away from the ball.
  • Terrible game of Football which should have ended 0-0 (Bristol City just edged it as they were trying to impress their new Manager)

Terrible penalty to give away from Solly, strangely Riga said to BBC London that he didnt think it was a pen but looked really clear from where I was
  • At least our league position can't get any worse
  • Totally fucking useless that's why I never got excited about last week's win. We are bottom and deserve to be. Bolton are going through the motions and are better than us. If we had messi and Ronaldo up front our clueless midfield and management would do naff all to create anything. .....get ready as I said 2 months ago league 1 here we come.