Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cafc v Bristol City - Post match views

Comments

• edited February 2016
    To be fair after Bristol did park the bus in front of their goal after they scored. Not a lot wrong with the desire just the quality. Maybe a few too many let themselves get frustrated.
  • edited February 2016

To be fair after Bristol did park the bus in front of their goal after they scored. Not a lot wrong with the desire just the quality. Maybe a few too many let themselves get frustrated.

Can't blame them. we'd have done the same away from home in such a crucial game. We just seem to lack players who are good enough. We're still not doomed but today was a must-win and it's uphill from hereon in ... and the hill gets steeper every week.
  • Can only go off of CAFC Player but it sounds like we were completely overrun in central midfield, which I would imagine caused us to go long more often. At halftime I hoped Riga would bring on Poyet or Ba and put three in central midfield, but didn't.

Jackson brings good leadership, but as I and a lot of others have said, he just can't play in a 4-4-2. Apart from the occasional ghosting run into the box (and when was the last time he did that), he offers little to nothing in terms of creativity or the ability to pick a pass.

Hope Riga shakes up the pack and drops Fox, Jackson, and possibly Bergdich and Lennon for next weekend, though it will depend massively on who is fit.
  • Why is Fox playing instead of Holmes Dennis?
    Their keeper won't have an easier game this season
  • Sponsored links:

• Absolute bilge.
  • Wow, that was grim. Confused as to why he doesn't fancy Harriot or Poyet at the moment.

Bergdick and Fox was poor. Managerless Bristol were organised and closed us down quickly and we had no idea how to deal with that. Not sure where we go from here. Sanogo certainly wont be making a difference to that side
  • wasn't there (grrrrrrr) so can't comment on the performance .. the table shows that statistically we are the worst team at home in the division, away we are fourth from bottom .. any chance that the upheaval and bad vibes at the Valley are detrimental to the players performances ? .. whatever, and the record is a bit stuck, BUT we MUST beat Cardiff next week
  • not much difference to last week, in both games we just couldn't put a string of passes together, the other difference no Igor who can hold it up pass it and bring people into the game. only player with any credit was Cousins. If they can't learn to pass forward there is no hope
  • It's very hard to 'support the team and not the regime' after a performance like that. About time they took some responsibility and showed some fucking pride.

• Sorry but Riga has to get a decent amount of blame tonight, one for picking fox who genuinely one of the worse full backs I've seen such this level, and for not having sanogo on the bench. Why sign a player in Jan, when we're in deep crap if they're not ready to play, it's just absurd! We needed another attacking option with 10 to go and who comes on! BA!!
  • Played like a run of the mill season game when shouldve been played like a cup final, gutless and spineless from the players pathetic, last week was a one off and I'm definitely longing next week off.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2016
    Last week was against the worst team in the league in Rotherham, who missed an important penalty.. We're going down, this season's motive is to drive the owner into as much discomfort as possible. Get our Club back.
  • Spineless gutless passionless.absolute must win game today and we bottled it.Fox and Bergdich were abysmal and as others have said why the hell arent Harriot and Holmes-Dennis not starting? Also think after today Jackson has gone.Passenger today and surely Poyet has to start next week. Cousins had to play centre mid on his own.only him and solly come out with any credit today.
  • Feels like something has happened "behind the scenes" since the Rotherham game. Surely the confidence from that game should have been carried through to this "must win" game? What the hell is going on?
  • moleo88 said:

Sorry but Riga has to get a decent amount of blame tonight, one for picking fox who genuinely one of the worse full backs I've seen such this level, and for not having sanogo on the bench. Why sign a player in Jan, when we're in deep crap if they're not ready to play, it's just absurd! We needed another attacking option with 10 to go and who comes on! BA!!

Maybe Sanogo and Fanny are not Riga's signings...
  • Feels like something has happened "behind the scenes" since the Rotherham game. Surely the confidence from that game should have been carried through to this "must win" game? What the hell is going on?

Roland imposed a few more new players on Riga....Riga chooses not to play them. Everyone pissed off.
  • We were as rubbish as any game this season. No worse than a fraeye game. At least it brings the Riga love in to an end.
  • moleo88 said:

Sorry but Riga has to get a decent amount of blame tonight, one for picking fox who genuinely one of the worse full backs I've seen such this level, and for not having sanogo on the bench. Why sign a player in Jan, when we're in deep crap if they're not ready to play, it's just absurd! We needed another attacking option with 10 to go and who comes on! BA!!

We all know this is possible, but I'm hoping beyond hope that Riga actually had a say in it...
  • moleo88 said:

I must admit, the thought has crossed my mind.
  • To be fair to old Chocolate Cake he took 6 points from his first 4 games - 3 of which were away, Riga 4 from his first 4 against comparatively much weaker opposition.