Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer Deadline Day - Charlton related (9pm - Yaya Sanogo on loan)

Comments

• Oh fuck it it's not my sarcasm filter that is missing.
  • Uboat said:

If you are thinking of making a Fanni pun, please read the rest of the thread first. If the same pun has already been done fewer than fifteen times then by all means go for it.

Oooo don't get in a flap(s).
  • edited February 2016

Now lost all respect for Riga over this signing after poo pooing the west ham youngster because he'd never heard of him
    This one's hardly a proven player at this level

Ha, is this a joke or crass stupidity ?
  • I think Fanni doesn't carry any risks at all Dan tbh

His experienced and has a fine pedigree, what I will agree with is that it's no risk die to it costing nothing and yet again we haven't spent money
  • You lot are pathetic. Load of old farts flapping about Fanni.
  • It's time to change my name.

:neutral:

Fanni Fanackapan
  • Sponsored links:

• I wonder how Fanni may do at LB and how many times he has played there? Certainly Solly has swopped several times (pre-injury) and looked pretty comfortable. Also we haven't played diamond for a while - has Riga tried it? People seem to be forgetting Poyet and we are not playing a holding MF. Still think Ba always looks forward. JC energy. More movement, more options. Don't necessarily need a creative mf if you mix it up. Like to see JBG head of a diamond, Solly and Berg/THD bombing forward, Igor and Lookie, pace everywhere. Options for next year.
  • Fanni will be desperate to get on the end of some of those big Mak flicks.

We done that one yet?

His experienced and has a fine pedigree, what I will agree with is that it's no risk die to it costing nothing and yet again we haven't spent money

there's always a risk that fanni is carrying but you just have to go in with your eyes open and be sure your well covered

It's a risk imo in that it's a position we didn't need to strengthen, and bringing in another overseas on a 5 month contract, if things aren't going well in the next couple of months, I just don't see these type of signings having the mentality to dig out a tough point on the road etc, probably an unfair generalisation and I'm pretty sure the bloke will prove decent (I'm a huge Diarra fan), but at the expense of Solly?
  • Unless there's a few injury concerns that we ate not aware of
  • colin1961 said:

Now lost all respect for Riga over this signing after poo pooing the west ham youngster because he'd never heard of him
    This one's hardly a proven player at this level

He didn't sign Oxford because he didn't want an inexperienced player in that position.
    Plus Oxford turned us down
    No he didn't. Riga didn't want him, as he lacked experience.
  • Fanni for a fiver at The Valley
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2016

I think Fanni doesn't carry any risks at all Dan tbh

It's a risk imo in that it's a position we didn't need to strengthen, and bringing in another overseas on a 5 month contract, if things aren't going well in the next couple of months, I just don't see these type of signings having the mentality to dig out a tough point on the road etc, probably an unfair generalisation and I'm pretty sure the bloke will prove decent (I'm a huge Diarra fan), but at the expense of Solly?
    I'm gonna guess this blokes a better Cb than Lennon.
  • Do we not play 4-4-2 away and against top 5 teams until the end of the season? We have players who can counter.

I can't see Riga getting an understanding of most of the players of 4-3-3. Maybe the new guys who have played at a higher level may help with that but the only times I saw Luzon and Fraeye go with it, we looked very poor.

Struggle to see immediately who would play as 1 in a 4-5-1, maybe the new signing Nogoals?

Depends who we are playing and clearly need to keep the opposition guessing as to where players will move within the basic contstruct.

Question is whether we will get enough points playing a solid 4-4-2 with players who are good enough.

Any thoughts?
  • Four minutes to go. We have Rod Fanni and Yaya Sanogo.

Then if he is to play CB then I'd rather we brought in a CB rather than a RB who has been playing in Qatar in a nothing league.

Just my opinion, fully appreciate if others think I'm being negative. Perhaps I'm just too old skool in approach but if I was assessing what a Championship team needed to get out a relegation zone with three months to go, I would have gone down a different route with signings.

• So that's another two foreign players (one of whom his coach at Ajax did not rate) with no experience of the Championship. Singularly unimpressed but I will reserve judgement until I see them in action.
  • edited February 2016

I think Fanni doesn't carry any risks at all Dan tbh

Then if he is to play CB then I'd rather we brought in a CB rather than a RB who has been playing in Qatar in a nothing league.

Just my opinion, fully appreciate if others think I'm being negative. Perhaps I'm just too old skool in approach but if I was assessing what a Championship team needed to get out a relegation zone with three months to go, I would have gone down a different route with signings.

I don't think you're being negative, you're right to question it. We'll have to see how it pans out. If he has been signed as cover at full back, then fine, we need it, I can't believe his wages are that high, and if Solly picks up a knock or needs a rest, he can jump straight in. If he is used as a CB it will be a strange one and I would agree, a proper CB rather than someone who can slot in would have been a better option.

I said my piece about Sanogo and got jumped on by a few who seem to think that he is the new messiah or something. Anyway, my main concern is that we still lack creativity in the centre of midfield and I hoped this would be addressed during the window, but it seems to have been overlooked.
  • Deadline passed; Lookman still here. Hopefully he'll sign the new deal too.