Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer Deadline Day - Charlton related (9pm - Yaya Sanogo on loan)

Comments

• Gnabry will be choosing between us and Brighton so you can forget that one.
  • Middlesbrough aren't messing about are they?

Jordan Rhodes
    Ritchie De Laet

Two superb signings

Especially as Blackburn without Rhodes are vulnerable.
  • cfgs said:

CAFC have unveiled their Fanni at last.

paulfox said:

Can everyone stop beating around the bush, is Fanni any good?

He'll be ok we are after Joachim Quim to play alongside him.
  • Godstone said:

Middlesbrough aren't messing about are they?

Jordan Rhodes
    Ritchie De Laet

Two superb signings

Especially as Blackburn without Rhodes are vulnerable.
    They've just signed quite a decent young forward proven in The Championship though. Name escapes me.
  • CH4RLTON said:

Is Fanni bald?

Fannie's Brazilian
  • Not bad, two signings. One former French international and a loan from Arsenal. Suddenly a bit of hope that we can get out of a spot of bother with Jose at the helm who has some pedigree with us previously. Better few weeks

Not necessarily, Coquelin had a good time here and Sanogo may be able to put in a good word too. Wenger may even prefer he comes here, who knows.
  • Steve Gibson forking out £11m on Rhodes. Now that's a competitive side with ambition for the Premier League.
  • Sponsored links:

Not necessarily, Coquelin had a good time here and Sanogo may be able to put in a good word too. Wenger may even prefer he comes here, who knows.
    I'm sure Wenger would prefer it at least.
  • colin1961 said:

Got an excellent CV

Charlton are delighted to announce the arrival of former France international defender Rod Fanni on loan until the end of the season.

The 34-year-old has joined the Addicks from Qatari side Al-Arabi SC with whom he joined from Ligue 1 giants Marseille in July.

Fanni enjoyed a five-year stay at the Stade Vélodrome club, playing 138 times including multiple appearances in the UEFA Champions League, most recently during the 2013/14 campaign, and picked up back-to-back French League Cup honours, winning the trophy in 2011 and 2012.

The right-sided defender started his career with FC Martigues before joining RC Lens in 2002 where he got his first taste of European football in both the UEFA Cup and Champions League.

Fanni’s next move took him to Nice in 2005, before a four-year stay at Rennes saw him make well over 100 appearances in the French top flight prior to him joining Marseille in 2011.

In total, the 6ft 1in defender has played 337 in Ligue 1.

Born in Martigues, Fanni has won five caps for his country and held a regular place in France's squad between 2008 and 2013. He joins fellow countryman and former international teammate Alou Diarra at The Valley to provide vital experience for the remainder of the 2015/16 campaign.

Fanni becomes the Addicks’ fifth signing of the January transfer window following the arrivals of Roger Johnson, Diego Poyet, Jorge Teixeira and fellow deadline-day arrival Yaya Sanogo.

Look and learn at all that wonderful punctuation and grammar eh Colin!
  • edited February 2016
    /
  • edited February 2016
    so, lets see. During the transfer window we signed 3 defenders (2 on loan), a defensive midfielder (on loan) and a striker who hasn't scored in over 2 years (again, on loan).......lots of chances are going to be created & goals being scored from that little lot then !!!

PS, Just seen that Michael Smith has joined Pompey on loan - never given a chance with us & a much better striker than Pigott & dare I say, Sanogo.

I'm sure Wenger would prefer it at least.
    Cheaper for the scouts to monitor his progress, I don't know whether Arsenal's scouting budget would cover the train fare or petrol all the way down to Brighton
  • Enemy of football.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkdNFmvMYT8

That official twitter pic made me laugh but please please please stop the puns

You're clearly a fellow Rambler, therefore bad puns are NOT something you can complain about.

Rambleforce HOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  • Now lost all respect for Riga over this signing after poo pooing the west ham youngster because he'd never heard of him
    This one's hardly a proven player at this level

Different positions, Oxford a CB/DM and Fanni a RB.
  • Fanni for his age is a pacey full back and has bags of experience and as for Sanogo i think he will proved a success like the other Arsenal Loanees from the past.. Afobe when he was at Arsenal was crap now look at him!
  • Now lost all respect for Riga over this signing after poo pooing the west ham youngster because he'd never heard of him

You know that thing where I wish I could give 5 LOLs to one post per month?
  • Sponsored links:

• Who picked the players we are signing?

RD?
    Riga?
    Katrien?
    Chris Powell?
    Kenny from the club shop?
  • colin1961 said:

Expect at least another loan signing maybe not tonight ....

What happened to the winger you said would sign today?
  • Scoham said:

Now lost all respect for Riga over this signing after poo pooing the west ham youngster because he'd never heard of him

This. We need cover at RB, given we've been lucky to get away without having cover for Solly all year. Hoping RF can mentor Solly a bit as well. Solly is definitely a solid play, but sometimes think his positioning and distribution could use some work. French international should be able to help with that.

Still disappointed we won't get a creative midfielder in. But as things stand now, Tex, RF, and Sonogo are all decent signings, and I think Tex will become a cult hero. As Jose said, we don't want to make more mistakes in the transfer window. A 34 massively experienced 34 year old and a very raw but promising striker on loan fit the low risk, high reward bill.

6.5/10 window for me.
  • Apparently Fanni only performs well every 3 out of 4 weeks
  • A very good bit of business done today. Two quality signings who should help us move up the league. We have needed experienced players and that is what we have got. Well done Riga.
  • I would be less happy setting up a side against us after today than two weeks ago.

Lookman still here for the rest of the season and back to fitness, Choice of Makienok, Sonogo, Vetokele (hope he continues to get sharper) and Reza under pressure to perform. JBG looking more interested.

I think Kashi is more or less confirmed out for the season and Bauer? Shame.

But light on midfield cover. Maybe an emergency loan from Arsenal might help. If we have to sell Lookman to Arsenal, OK, but can he be loaned back to us for next season?
  • Oxford plays CB/DM, we have Johnson, Poyet, Diarra, Bauer, Sarr, Lennon, Cousins, Kashi, Teixeria and Ba for those positions.

At RB we have Solly and Cousins, RCC and THD in an emergency
  • SDAddick said:

Scoham said:

Now lost all respect for Riga over this signing after poo pooing the west ham youngster because he'd never heard of him

This. We need cover at RB, given we've been lucky to get away without having cover for Solly all year. Hoping RF can mentor Solly a bit as well. Solly is definitely a solid play, but sometimes think his positioning and distribution could use some work. French international should be able to help with that.

Still disappointed we won't get a creative midfielder in. But as things stand now, Tex, RF, and Sonogo are all decent signings, and I think Tex will become a cult hero. As Jose said, we don't want to make more mistakes in the transfer window. A 34 massively experienced 34 year old and a very raw but promising striker on loan fit the low risk, high reward bill.

6.5/10 window for me.
    I think it's on the other side of the pitch where our full back needs more help on his positioning and distribution!

I don't know what his English is like, though in Qatar I assume he would have spoken English rather than French
  • What a pathetic signing - what's the point?

No, What's gone to Blackburn.