Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer Deadline Day - Charlton related (9pm - Yaya Sanogo on loan)

Comments

• edited February 2016
    At least it's only 9.34 and I can give the F5 a rest now, barring this guy turning up for his swan song..
  • Fanni's arrived.

The curtains are now drawn on our transfer window.
  • We have Igor, Reza and Lookman for the more poacher/pacey striker role, with Vaz Te gone Makienok needs competition.

A Championship relegation battle is a big drop down for him, I think he'll at least give us a useful option in the squad. Happy with Sanogo myself, what sort of player were we expecting in our position?
  • A lot better than I expected. My expectations were very low.

Some more work with Wenger sets Lookman up for a sale and leaseback with them at the end of the season or (hopefully) next.

Wasn't sure about losing Moussa but not really sure where to play him.
  • And at least we get a whole load of cracking innuendos about Fanni ;)
  • SDAddick said:

Agree with @DOUCHER, was also hoping for more of an attacking/creative midfielder. But think cover up top and at right back are needed. I also hold out some hope that if CC can get fit, either he or Johann could play as a #10

my hunch is that we will get gnabry in a weeks time but wouldn't be surprised if lookman isn't part of it - not that he will leave but maybe some kind of pre deal agreement - he hasn't signed the 4 yr contract offered to him yet and our priority must be to stay up and i reckon gnabry could help secure that.
  • Jim White talking about Fanni and then the purple dildo appears.
  • Sponsored links:

• Disappointing not to get a creative centre midfielder... AGAIN.

To be fair we do have one of the top assisters in the league.
  • RedPanda said:

Fanni's arrived.

Don't you mean beef curtains?
    May I be the first to err......whoosh you.
  • RedPanda said:

Fanni's arrived.

Don't you mean beef curtains?

I'd've expected better than that from you @RedPanda
  • That'll do for me. Keep Mak and Igor fit and we've got a chance.
  • Not bad deals really. Fanni's experience and Sanogo the wild card.
  • Fanni now Addick
  • I'm gutted we didn't get a prolific premiership striker and a couple of class midfielders on loan. We are such an attractive prospect they must have been lining up..,/!!!!
  • I knew that south London is wonderful song would come true at some point!
  • Macronate said:

not sure I'm too keen on a Fanni with bags of experience.

I wonder if Fanni could play just in front of the hole?
  • Sponsored links:

• Disappointing not to get a creative centre midfielder... AGAIN.

To be fair we do have one of the top assisters in the league.
    If JBG were to get injured who's going to provide the creativity though. To me it's been clear for a long time that Jackson and Cousins together just doesn't work.
  • se9addick said:

masicat said:

How many dickheads support our club ffs. This is a quality signing.

Aye - he looks class

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/arsenals-yaya-sanogo-misses-series-6825812
    To be fair, he makes a right mess of the first one, the second one looked like a desperate lunge at a ball he couldn't quite reach and the third one came back at him off the post from about a foot away and he didn't have enough tie to sort his feet out.

Of course if you are in the internet click bate market, then its easy to characterise them all as comedy misses but none of them were exactly Ronnie Rozethal, or Martin Pringle vs Wallsall.
  • Simonsen said:

That'll do for me. Keep Mak and Igor fit and we've got a chance.
    i thank
    Macronate said:

not sure I'm too keen on a Fanni with bags of experience.

you can throw the kitchen sink at it though and it will still come back for more
  • Does Fanni pass the height test ! Or is he short ? An curly ! Boom
  • Expect diara to have had a hand in the fanni deal - whether a suggestion or more background knowledge!
  • Watch this space, Charlton to sign Adebayor in 2 years time.
  • Scoham said:

We have Igor, Reza and Lookman for the more poacher/pacey striker role, with Vaz Te gone Makienok needs competition.

A Championship relegation battle is a big drop down for him, I think he'll at least give us a useful option in the squad. Happy with Sanogo myself, what sort of player were we expecting in our position?

At least, we are starting with really low expectations 'couldn't hit a cows' arse with a banjo' from the Arsenal blog pages was one of the kinder things I have read. So anything better than that is a bonus.
  • Fanni to team up with Caneston ! That's combination to strike fear in the opposition.