Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer Deadline Day - Charlton related (9pm - Yaya Sanogo on loan)

Comments

• Looking at the video, he offers something that we have seriously lacked this season, that being the instinct to arrive in front of goal at the right time. I sit in the North Upper and watch the six yard box for any sign of a red shirt in vain. We all need to trust Riga at this time.
  • Sonogo is shite. Stick with mak lookman Igor and reza.
    Flag Quote · Like 2LOL

You seem not to have noticed 3 assists from Gudmunson on Saturday.
  • Middlesbrough have Premier League ambitions. Look at the difference in their recruitment to ours. That's a club that hasn't benefited from parachute payments in recent years, just like us.

I'm not asking that we spend £11m on one player, but some long-term recruitment strategy wouldn't go amiss.
  • Wenger does not usually sign duds; therefore, I am hoping that Sanogo is not the exception that proves the rule. I am ignoring these tiresome gooners and sticking to the fact that there are only two geniuses in english football; that is the professor and Riga.
    Must have a word with my GP about the medication he has put me on.
  • Definitely underwhelmed, only reason we're not all in uproar is because of Saturdays win, would've been a lot different had we got spanked.
  • Definitely underwhelmed, only reason we're not all in uproar is because of Saturdays win, would've been a lot different had we got spanked.

The difference is though is it appears, and yes i know its only one game, that Riga can get something out of this squad. Many of us thought we already had enough quality to stay safe, we just didn't have the direction or organisation of a good manager to put it into practice.
    Hope that is the case, whether it's enough or not remains to be seen. I'm not convinced Mak, Cousins, Fox and Bergdich have become good Championship players all of a sudden.
  • edited February 2016
    pettgra said:

Wenger does not usually sign duds

This is true....only Frimpong really comes to mind. What a disaster he was...Lets hope Sanogo is more Coquelin than Dench.

• Sponsored links:

• Always thought our squad was good enough, just too small and hopelessly managed and set up by Managers without a clue. This arguably makes us stronger as we have two committed players and got rid of two less committed.

Trouble is with RD that sides have gone up on tiny budgets due to shrewd management and everyone pulling in the same direction. We've had neither of those things in the past 2 years.
  • cafc-west said:

pettgra said:

This is true....only Frimpong really comes to mind. What a disaster he was...

Oh dear yes.I wonder where he is weaving his magic these days.
  • pettgra said:

cafc-west said:

pettgra said:

This is true....only Frimpong really comes to mind. What a disaster he was...

Oh dear yes.I wonder where he is weaving his magic these days.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FC_Ufa
  • According to Wikipedia he's at FC Ufa in the Russian Premier League.
  • iaitch said:

According to Wikipedia he's at FC Ufa in the Russian Premier League.

Ah. It is a shame that some players do not have it in them to realise there full potential; even though the Russian league is probably of a good standard. Wenger saw something in him along with Wolves and us. He will probably resurface in England at some stage.
  • Middlesbrough have Premier League ambitions. Look at the difference in their recruitment to ours. That's a club that hasn't benefited from parachute payments in recent years, just like us.

I'm not asking that we spend £11m on one player, but some long-term recruitment strategy wouldn't go amiss.

I agree. Steve Gibson's wealth is put at around £165m so quite a bit less than RD, but as a Boro fan he has invested considerably more of his fortune in his team. I guess their gate receipts etc, and total revenues might be quite a bit more than ours, so buying the kind of players they have, while undoubtedly costing them heavily, is not quite pushing them beyond FFP. However, Rhodes' wages at Blackburn were £33k a week and I don't suppose he has taken a pay cut. The reward of promotion will make it all worthwhile of course.

The difference is though is it appears, and yes i know its only one game, that Riga can get something out of this squad. Many of us thought we already had enough quality to stay safe, we just didn't have the direction or organisation of a good manager to put it into practice.
    Hope that is the case, whether it's enough or not remains to be seen. I'm not convinced Mak, Cousins, Fox and Bergdich have become good Championship players all of a sudden.
    I think Mak and Bergdich have the ability to be decent Champ players. Cousins is already a good Champ Player. Fox.....not so much.
    Don't wanna get accused of changing the subject in a thread, my feelings about this have been highlighted on the Jordan Cousins thread.
  • The last day loanees are not too bad.
    The Fanni jokes have been great, especially liked the pussy galore one!
  • I am pleased enough with our business yesterday, would I prefer some long term vision, yes but that is why the fight is still for a change of ownership but right now I believe those two signings combined with not losing any more of our first team talent means we are a stronger team as we once again fight relegation.

Lets just hope this regime is gone by this time next year so we are not faced with more short term panic buying/loaning in the January transfer just to get us out of another mess that they will create in the summer, as they will do it again, no matter how much we may wish to believe Riga holds the power now.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2016

Middlesbrough have Premier League ambitions. Look at the difference in their recruitment to ours. That's a club that hasn't benefited from parachute payments in recent years, just like us.

Gibson has bankrolled 'boro for years though. He is a fan and a wealthy owner that isn't afraid to gamble with his cash. Roland isn't a fan and will not gamble with his cash. Hence why 'boro get Rhodes and we get Sanogo. Obviously Rhodes and the like wouldn't come to us in our position, but we could attract good players if we showed some ambition. Until Roland goes, we are stuck in the Championship at best because he will not sign the quality of player we need to get out of it.

Gibson has bankrolled 'boro for years though. He is a fan and a wealthy owner that isn't afraid to gamble with his cash. Roland isn't a fan and will not gamble with his cash. Hence why 'boro get Rhodes and we get Sanogo. Obviously Rhodes and the like wouldn't come to us in our position, but we could attract good players if we showed some ambition. Until Roland goes, we are stuck in the Championship at best because he will not sign the quality of player we need to get out of it.
    Even knowing the core and majority of our squad will be together for at least a year would be something.
  • It's time to change my name.

:neutral:

Pussy Galore ? :wink:
    BagPuss!!! LOL
  • I do wonder if we ever really intended to or tried to make a permanent signing this window. It's interesting that Rotherham's local press completely denied we ever bid for Clarke-Harris.

Will Sanogo or Fanni be here this time next year? I highly doubt it. More short-term signings. Where are the Premier League ambitions in that? How does any football club progress that way?

I'd love to know who scouted Rod Fanni. Did anyone or was it a last minute call from an agent?

Diarra knows him well as does Riga
  • having slept on things and reconsidered last nights undertakings I would just like to retract my previous nights thoughts on proceedings. what I would like to ask, and what I think is the real question we should all be asking at this time is ' Will fanni show up well in front of a tightly packed covered end'?
  • cafc-west said:

pettgra said:

This is true....only Frimpong really comes to mind. What a disaster he was...Lets hope Sanogo is more Coquelin than Dench.
    Franny Jeffers wasn't a roaring success either.
  • DOUCHER said:

I do wonder if we ever really intended to or tried to make a permanent signing this window. It's interesting that Rotherham's local press completely denied we ever bid for Clarke-Harris.

Will Sanogo or Fanni be here this time next year? I highly doubt it. More short-term signings. Where are the Premier League ambitions in that? How does any football club progress that way?

I'd love to know who scouted Rod Fanni. Did anyone or was it a last minute call from an agent?

Diarra knows him well as does Riga
    Didn't realise Diarra was also our chief scout now. How does Riga know him?