Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer Deadline Day - Charlton related (9pm - Yaya Sanogo on loan)

Comments

• edited February 2016
    Gammysnr said:

I've been looking up Fanni on the Internet all morning, found quite a lot of useful information. Need to continue the research though before I make an informed assessment on CL.

Breaking news ...........2026

Hundreds of addresses have been raided in a historical sex crime raid by the "fanny by gaslight" flying squad. Middle aged and old men were taken away in addresses all over south London and the home counties.
    After getting the Knock, knock, who's there ?

CL has gone into meltdown as the National league south, fans website is also raided.

Under the guise of being a site for Train spotters and Clowns,
    It was a den cavern of absolute filth.

As crowds of neighbours surrounded the houses of the arrested,

A police spokesman said there is nothing to see here;

Please MOVE ON.

• Spanish said:

It's time to change my name.

:neutral:

To Rod Fanackapan ?
    Fanni Fanickerpan ?

• I'm just pleased we've got some balance, and a much more competitive bench/squad. Are the new additions going to get us out of trouble combined with fit again first team players we've sorely missed last 3 months?? I hope so, we now have conceivably 2 first team players in every position. I genuinely can't remember the last time we actually had a squad.
  • I suggest the best piece of analysis on this transfer window came from the BBC "panel" last night. Three or four came up with the club who had the best transfer window - Leicester City - one signing in Demarai Gray and no departures.

We should know by now the modern January transfer window is a nearly always a desperation market. No disrespect but look at our first 3 signings Johnson from Indian League football, Poyet who could not a game at MK Dons and Williams who had barely played a senior game in 2yrs. Were they ever really likely to be fit for purpose in meeting the immediate challenges we currently face?

This transfer window is for clubs the veritable last chance saloon to get this season right and to try and correct the failures and omissions of the pre season recruitment. If there is one lesson to be learned by this regime after two close seasons of near abject failure it is to get their squad construction and recruitment right before the season starts.

That means;
    - a balance of relevant experience and youth
    - a focus on the personalities involved regarding commitment, endeavour, team & leadership skills
    - a full evaluation of their physical and mental fitness to play a full championship season
    - a squad with enough depth & quality to carry the inevitable injuries which will occur in the season
    - an end to the revolving door of "multiple punts" on the "potential" from junior European Leagues
    - an end to the corner cutting false economies only to incur even increased squad repair costs later
    - empowering your head coach in the recruitment process
    - corporate leadership in providing the fullest support in meeting the needs of the Head Coach

Get it right and very likely you will not need to worry about the January transfer window at all other than maybe a tweak or two or pursuing a long term opportunity. Get it right and you set the right tone for the stability, motivation, commitment and spirit of the squad and team to achieve success.

It is like any project. Get it right at the outset and everything else falls into place. Get it wrong and you are forever chasing your tail, more often than not, to failure.

In other words stop trying to be clever and cute with the budgets to earn brownie points with the main man, remove the need for the endless tinkering, or emergency action to cover this or that eventuality. It is all totally unproductive.

No one is suggesting it is easy. It is not but with the approach & methodologies being used today, which hugely overcomplicate an already challenging process, you are quite simply presenting yourself and the head coach with an almost impossible task.

5 head coaching appointments (plus supporting staff) in 2yrs

44 senior signings in 5 transfer windows of which probably just 13 will be contractually committed to the club at the end of the season and 2 of those have almost permanently been out on long term loan - effectively 25% staff retention

31 departures of which just one (acquired cheaply via co ownership of Standard Liege) will have generated net revenue for the club.

It is hugely unattractive to any aspiring football professional. Nobody other than those with very few other options will want to join the insanity of the football maelstrom which seems to be endlessly swirling around SE7.

It has to change.

Completely agree Grapevine. just one word sums it up perfectly - insanity
  • edited February 2016

I suggest the best piece of analysis on this transfer window came from the BBC "panel" last night. Three or four came up with the club who had the best transfer window - Leicester City - one signing in Demarai Gray and no departures.

We should know by now the modern January transfer window is a nearly always a desperation market. No disrespect but look at our first 3 signings Johnson from Indian League football, Poyet who could not get a game at MK Dons and Williams who had barely played a senior game in 2yrs. Were they ever really likely to be fit for purpose in meeting the immediate challenges we currently face?

This transfer window is for clubs the veritable last chance saloon to get this season right and to try and correct the failures and omissions of the pre season recruitment. If there is one lesson to be learned by this regime after two close seasons of near abject failure it is to get their squad construction and recruitment right before the season starts.

That means;
    - a focus on the personalities involved regarding commitment, endeavour, team & leadership skills
    - a full evaluation of their physical and mental fitness to play a full championship season
    - a squad with enough depth & quality to carry the inevitable injuries which will occur in the season
    - an end to the revolving door of "multiple punts" on the "potential" from junior European Leagues
    - an end to the corner cutting false economies only to incur even increased squad repair costs later
    - corporate leadership in providing the fullest support in meeting the needs of the Head Coach

Get it right and very likely you will not need to worry about the January transfer window at all other than maybe a tweak or two or pursuing a long term opportunity. Get it right and you set the right tone for the stability, motivation, commitment and spirit of the squad and team to achieve success.

It is like any project. Get it right at the outset and everything else falls into place. Get it wrong and you are forever chasing your tail, more often than not, to failure.

In other words stop trying to be clever and cute with the budgets to earn brownie points with the main man, remove the need for the endless tinkering, or emergency action to cover this or that eventuality. It is all totally unproductive.

No one is suggesting it is easy. It is not but with the approach & methodologies being used today, which hugely overcomplicate an already challenging process, you are quite simply presenting yourself and the head coach with an almost impossible task.

44 senior signings in 5 transfer windows of which probably just 13 will be contractually committed to the club at the end of the season and 2 of those have almost permanently been out on long term loan - effectively 25% staff retention

31 departures of which just one (acquired cheaply via co ownership of Standard Liege) will have generated net revenue for the club.

It is hugely unattractive to any aspiring football professional. Nobody other than those with very few other options will want to join the insanity of the football maelstrom which seems to be endlessly swirling around SE7.

It has to change.

^^^^^
    This.
  • I suggest the best piece of analysis on this transfer window came from the BBC "panel" last night. Three or four came up with the club who had the best transfer window - Leicester City - one signing in Demarai Gray and no departures.

We should know by now the modern January transfer window is a nearly always a desperation market. No disrespect but look at our first 3 signings Johnson from Indian League football, Poyet who could not get a game at MK Dons and Williams who had barely played a senior game in 2yrs. Were they ever really likely to be fit for purpose in meeting the immediate challenges we currently face?

That means;

It has to change.

Agree with you Grapevine... that said, the number of injuries we suffered, especially to key players such as Henderson, Igor, Diarra and Kashi hasn't helped the cause.
  • Not going to quote you again Grapevine to save everyone scrolling all afternoon but brilliantly put.

There's a lack of concrete sensible strategy. It's flustered, reactive and centred around resolving their own cock ups.
  • Grapevine, please send this to Jose Riga, in case he has any doubt.
  • Sponsored links:

• Valley11 said:

Uboat said:

If you are thinking of making a Fanni pun, please read the rest of the thread first. If the same pun has already been done fewer than fifteen times then by all means go for it.

Oooo don't get in a flap(s).
    Don't you get 'LIPPY' with me........ :wink:
  • When the boycot by CARD is lifted of the club shop we will be able to buy some great club memorable labia.
  • DOUCHER said:

I do wonder if we ever really intendo or tried to make a permanent signing this window. It's interesting that Rotherham's local press completely denied we ever bid for Clarke-Harris.

Will Sanogo or Fanni be here this time next year? I highly doubt it. More short-term signings. Where are the Premier League ambitions in that? How does any football club progress that way?

I'd love to know who scouted Rod Fanni. Did anyone or was it a last minute call from an agent?

Diarra knows him well as does Riga
    Didn't realise Diarra was also our chief scout now. How does Riga know him?

DOUCHER said:

I do wonder if we ever really intended to or tried to make a permanent signing this window. It's interesting that Rotherham's local press completely denied we ever bid for Clarke-Harris.

Will Sanogo or Fanni be here this time next year? I highly doubt it. More short-term signings. Where are the Premier League ambitions in that? How does any football club progress that way?

I'd love to know who scouted Rod Fanni. Did anyone or was it a last minute call from an agent?

Diarra knows him well as does Riga
    Didn't realise Diarra was also our chief scout now. How does Riga know him?</blockquote

Riga is chairman of sexual innuendo fc and rod is an honorary life member - rd's plans r becoming clearer now - to create a team line up with a carry on quality - is Jimmy rimmer still alive?
  • When the boycot by CARD is lifted of the club shop we will be able to buy some great club memorable labia.

I see what you did there, but I think memoralabia would have nailed it.

That means;

It has to change.

Will you PLEASE get yourself involved in the next Q&A, fans forum, or whatever other event gives you a chance to put this stuff to the head div.

For all our sakes.

Please.
    It takes 2 weeks to write each post. Meetings require pace of thought.

Ask Syd.
  • Yes grapevine you have absolutely nailed it/articulated our gripes.

Would add the contracts of the 'failed/unreliable' players we are still supporting. The legacy of the failed recruitment policy, if it can be called a policy.

George Tucadean- 2017. Polish Pete- 2018. Naby Saar- 2020!! Roger Johnson- 2017.

• Gammysnr said:

I've been looking up Fanni on the Internet all morning, found quite a lot of useful information. Need to continue the research though before I make an informed assessment on CL.

I judge players by what I see and form an opinion after a dozen games or so -)
  • Deadline day summed up in 1 photo

What, Arsenal have signed Morgan Fox? I bet the fee was undisclosed...
  • Sponsored links:

• And Fantastic
  • It says 'Dame' on the back I'm led to believe.
  • How do we get Grapevine to the next fans forum?
  • The Metro is this morning reporting Yaya touched the ball 30 times in a total of 47 minutes football while at Ajax for six months.
    He's hardly going to be match fit is he?
  • cafcfan said:

The Metro is this morning reporting Yaya touched the ball 30 times in a total of 47 minutes football while at Ajax for six months.
    He's hardly going to be match fit is he?

No worries. If Big Mak and Igor carry on playing like they did last Saturday, Yaya can get some more splinters in his arse from our bench.
  • Depends if Makienok is fit this Saturday... He took a good hit from that Sponsorship board on Saturday and was nursing it with an ice pack when he went off, if he does play though I wonder which Bristol City player we can ask to slag his wife off
  • cafcfan said:

The Metro is this morning reporting Yaya touched the ball 30 times in a total of 47 minutes football while at Ajax for six months.

Lookman, one touch on Saturday and scored. Thirty times the player Sonogoals is.
  • Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 11m11 minutes ago
    No incoming deals at #cafc close. Don't quite know where all this noise about Gnabry is coming from. #afc