Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer Deadline Day - Charlton related (9pm - Yaya Sanogo on loan)

Comments

• edited February 2016
    Even the youtube clips of him make him look seriously shit.
  • Essex_Al said:

I bet we get Sanogo and Brighton get Gnaby!

Seems to me the Gnarby stuff was all rumour but even if not...why is it so surprising that a team fighting for promotion would get the better player? People need to calm down a bit. It looks like Riga is cutting out the deadwood and signing the players he wants.
  • Oh for fecks sake, he might look shite for Arsenal but I couldnt give a toss what he has done for them. Big difference from Champions League to bottom of Championship.

We are not bloody Arsenal. I know it hurts, but we are also a million light years from Palace - who he recently played for. Our standards are slightly lower I would argue......

Is it possible for our standards to be lower tha Palace?
  • Oh for fecks sake, he might look shite for Arsenal but I couldnt give a toss what he has done for them. Big difference from Champions League to bottom of Championship.

We are not bloody Arsenal. I know it hurts, but we are also a million light years from Palace - who he recently played for. Our standards are slightly lower I would argue......

Youbshould be flagged for that there is no where lower than hoaring to that shit hole
  • End of the day do we need him to score goals...?

So long as he makes a nuisance of himself (to the opposition) allowing the likes of Vetokele / Lookman to score, again that is good enough for me.

Provided he doesnt run about as slow as Vaz Te, and actually gives a shit, again that better than what we had!!
  • Are we seriously not wanting than Arsenal just because he's goal record isn't good!!? He's an Arsenal player isn't that good enough these days??
  • Sponsored links:

• uie2 said:

Are we seriously not wanting than Arsenal just because he's goal record isn't good!!? He's an Arsenal player isn't that good enough these days??

Quite. When our options are Igor -fit now, but hasn't been since Oct 2014, Lookman - totally unproven, albeit talented, Makienok- 3 good games all season and Reza - insert comment here, we should be grateful for what we get
  • Vas Tez did not look interested from day one glad his gone.
  • I'm assuming Sanogo is instead of the forward from Rotherham?
  • Meire has been advised by Tony Balls, that Stuart Pierce has come out of retirement, at the moment she is in discussion with Roland
  • wmcf123 said:

uie2 said:

Are we seriously not wanting than Arsenal just because he's goal record isn't good!!? He's an Arsenal player isn't that good enough these days??

Quite. When our options are Igor -fit now, but hasn't been since Oct 2014, Lookman - totally unproven, albeit talented, Makienok- 3 good games all season and Reza - insert comment here, we should be grateful for what we get
    There's a customer to be proud of.
  • The lads got a bit of top level experience and when I've seen him play his finishing isn't great but his link up play looks decent. He might flourish at this level. Certainly don't think it's the worst signing, especially if Igor stays fit to put the ball in the net.

• When he was @ Ligue 2 level with Auxerre he scored 10-goals in 13-games (which alerted him to Arsenal)... Thats the same level as Andy Delort and we were needing the tissues with his scoring record.

He always knew where the goal was, he just needs to be trusted to find it again... Do we seriously think that Pardew was the right manager to take him under his wing last season, he's terrible when it comes to man management, just look at how he handled Patrick Bamford who ran away with the Championship Player of the Year last season
  • Sponsored links:

• He seems to fall over a lot. Albeit after he's scored. Reza take note.
  • Sanogo would be a decent addition if he's up for it, would like to see a couple of permanent signings mind you
  • The lads got a bit of top level experience and when I've seen him play his finishing isn't great but his link up play looks decent. He might flourish at this level. Certainly don't think it's the worst signing, especially if Igor stays fit to put the ball in the net.

Exactly. Don't expect him to score bundles of goals but he could do well with Igor. Let's give him our support. He gets enough fans on his back with that fickle lot at Arsenal.

Save the frustration for the protests.
  • Will sign ex champ league right back - centr back as well
  • One further thought, this sends a strong statement to those around us.

We're shopping @ Arsenal... and have just trounced one of our rivals away from home!!

Firstly, we haven't signed him yet and don't know whether there's anything in it.

Secondly, please don't fall for the 'just because they are with a big club they must be good' stream of thought. Frimpong, Razak, Ceballos, Dean Parrett, Davide Petrucci to name just five from recent years to have proved definition not the case.
    Hell I dont think he's going to be a superstar... Just don't think its wise to write him off before we see him play

I'd be surprised if he scores goals to be honest
  • One further thought, this sends a strong statement to those around us.

We're shopping @ Arsenal... and have just trounced one of our rivals away from home!!
    MK Dons are trying to get players from Queens Park Rangers
    Bristol City are trying to get everyone but being rejected by everyone including League One
    Rotherham and Bolton are doing nothing!! (the latter can do nothing)

I'm sure teams around us are now quaking in their boots! :)