Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer Deadline Day - Charlton related (9pm - Yaya Sanogo on loan)

Comments

• edited February 2016

I sometimes despair at us Charlton fans. There is a rumour that we might be signing an Arsenal striker who has played for Auxerre, Ajax and I'm sorry to remind everyone Premier League Crystal Palace but hey he's shit. Might not be good enough for Arsene Wenger's possible champions but in my opinion he will certainly be good enough for The Championship. Doubt he will ever be prolific but should he arrive on loan then I am quite pleased.

Let's be fair, if he wasn't an Arsenal player and you saw his stats, you wouldn't exactly be jumping for joy would you? 48 professional appearances for various clubs, 11 goals. Not exactly great reading. The only reason people have hope is because he plays for Arsenal IMO.

I admit, I haven't seen much of him, but so far his stay at Arsenal hasn't really proven whether he is even cut out for English football, in any division. It's a punt, so as I said before (and it seems we agree), that we should loan him and not buy him.
    One in four all at a level much better than what Charlton are playing at. You gotta love Charlton fans. Ffs.
  • CAFCdamo said:

Yaya, Yaya Yaya, Yaya Yaya, Yaya Yaya Sanogo .

Ade Ademola Ademola Ademola Lookman

I sometimes despair at us Charlton fans. There is a rumour that we might be signing an Arsenal striker who has played for Auxerre, Ajax and I'm sorry to remind everyone Premier League Crystal Palace but hey he's shit. Might not be good enough for Arsene Wenger's possible champions but in my opinion he will certainly be good enough for The Championship. Doubt he will ever be prolific but should he arrive on loan then I am quite pleased.

Let's be fair, if he wasn't an Arsenal player and you saw his stats, you wouldn't exactly be jumping for joy would you? 48 professional appearances for various clubs, 11 goals. Not exactly great reading. The only reason people have hope is because he plays for Arsenal IMO.

I admit, I haven't seen much of him, but so far his stay at Arsenal hasn't really proven whether he is even cut out for English football, in any division. It's a punt, so as I said before (and it seems we agree), that we should loan him and not buy him.
    28 Goals in 91 games according to Wikipedia, that excludes his international games (U16 up to U21) which, again according to Wiki, amounts to 61 apps 34 goals including 5 in 8 at U21.
  • colin1961 said:

We have beaten Birmingham to the signing of Montell Moore a pacy striker who was released by Brentford

So Sonogo is no go ?
  • Only watched the video, like all good Charlton scouting staff.

He's certainly a big unit and fairly mobile.

Looks to have a bit of trouble with his body balance at crucial moments, and maybe a hint of a Kevin Lisbie-esque 'shut your eyes' moment, when all that's needed is to look up and keep composure.

But he seems decent running with the ball and hard to knock off it.
    Could tear apart the shape of Championship defences and create space for team mates.

And, most importantly for a forward, has a knack for good off the ball movement and being in the right place at the right time in the box.

He might miss a few, but the law of averages suggests that he'll score enough times to be useful.

• se9addick said:

mart77 said:

We've turned down interest in Holmes Dennis from several Champ clubs according to Sky reporter.

Why are we not starting this boy instead of Fox? Baffles me.
    I honestly have no idea, very strange.
    Shoot me down but I think, at the moment, Fox is a better defender than THD. Going forward there's no comparison but I guess Riga is thinking defence 1st.
  • Come on guys. Riga turned Sordell into a goalscorer from nothing :smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• Sanogo or that gimp that smashed a penalty 20ft over the bar on Saturday.
    No contest on here. Seems there are a lot who want the latter!
  • Oggy Red said:

Only watched the video, like all good Charlton scouting staff.

He's certainly a big unit and fairly mobile.

Looks to have a bit of trouble with his body balance at crucial moments, and maybe a hint of a Kevin Lisbie-esque 'shut your eyes' moment, when all that's needed is to look up and keep composure.

But he seems decent running with the ball and hard to knock off it.
    Could tear apart the shape of Championship defences and create space for team mates.

And, most importantly for a forward, has a knack for good off the ball movement and being in the right place at the right time in the box.

He might miss a few, but the law of averages suggests that he'll score enough times to be useful.

Leaburn crossed with Lisbie, an absolute dream/nightmare (delete as appropriate) of a striker.
  • Bollocks did he. Fraeye was the mastermind.
  • Who's the champ league right back @DOUCHER ?
  • colin1961 said:

sanogo - leaburn mk 2.

can't say i've ever been impressed with him, in fact quite the opposite. But he's got a good pedigree. Don't really want to be signing players on their way down though...

He's 23. Agree with the Leaburn comparison.
    He made a big impression for Arsenal and was talked about as leading the Arsenal line for many years looked a real handful.....not sure what happened to him since but good enough for the championship
    Colin has spoken. I don't want him now.

Fanni isn't it?
  • _nam11 said:

CAFCdamo said:

Yaya, Yaya Yaya, Yaya Yaya, Yaya Yaya Sanogo .

Ade Ademola Ademola Ademola Lookman
    Please no.

28 Goals in 91 games according to Wikipedia, that excludes his international games (U16 up to U21) which, again according to Wiki, amounts to 61 apps 34 goals including 5 in 8 at U21.
    You're including Auxerre B, essentially a youth team. As a professional he has scored 11 goals, ALL for Auxerre, he hasn't scored a single goal since he left Auxerre in fact.
  • Sponsored links:

• colin1961 said:

We have beaten Birmingham to the signing of Montell Moore a pacy striker who was released by Brentford

According to Wikipedia, one appearance for Brentford - and one before a judge. "On 23 December 2014, Moore was charged with handling stolen goods (which he denied), driving without a licence and driving without insurance.[2][27] On 2 March 2015, Moore was found guilty of handling stolen goods and paid a fine.[26] He received points on his license for the driving offences.[26]"

Also says he's a midfielder.
  • Djimi t is back
  • colin1961 said:

According to Wikipedia, one appearance for Brentford - and one before a judge. "On 23 December 2014, Moore was charged with handling stolen goods (which he denied), driving without a licence and driving without insurance.[2][27] On 2 March 2015, Moore was found guilty of handling stolen goods and paid a fine.[26] He received points on his license for the driving offences.[26]"

Also says he's a midfielder.
    Nice to see those lessons finally being learnt.
  • Expect this on the os later. "We was this close but couldn't get my fanni over the line"image

"I said there'd be signings on deadline day & my nose grew this big"

Roberto Carlos
  • colin1961 said:

sanogo - leaburn mk 2.

can't say i've ever been impressed with him, in fact quite the opposite. But he's got a good pedigree. Don't really want to be signing players on their way down though...

He's 23. Agree with the Leaburn comparison.
    He made a big impression for Arsenal and was talked about as leading the Arsenal line for many years looked a real handful.....not sure what happened to him since but good enough for the championship
    I must have missed those years.
  • We've upped our bid for Clarke-Harris to 2 mill apparently. Also linked to Mikkel Duelund of FC Midtjylland.

Sounds like the second one could fail the height test! :wink: