Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer Deadline Day - Charlton related (9pm - Yaya Sanogo on loan)

Comments

• PL54 said:

Sky sports news reporter at Arsenal just mention Gnabry to Brighton or us.

That was at 2pm wasn't it ?
    He said no rush on the deal as loan deals to championship can happen after the window closes.
    And this Fanni bloke is a free agent isn't he?
    Fanni is indeed unattached.
    That sounds bloody painfull!!!
  • PL54 said:

He said no rush on the deal as loan deals to championship can happen after the window closes.
    Fanni is indeed unattached.
    Excellent, can't beat a bit of no strings attached Fanni.
    Not sure why he hasn't got a club. Sounds a bit fishy to me.
  • For all those saying Fanni is too old... he's 5 months younger than Diarra. I'd be happy to have him if it meant being more assured at the back.
  • Essex_Al said:

Sue Parkes on facebook stating Chris is still at work, likely to be a late night. Paperwork done, waiting for the players to turn up!

We've done paperwork, BEFORE players turn up...oh great 2 more unknowns from wherever, suppose their names on the paperwork are Trialist 1 and RD Choice 2.
  • edited February 2016
    matt88 said:

For all those saying Fanni is too old... he's 5 months younger than Diarra. I'd be happy to have him if it meant being more assured at the back.

reckon we would be a lot more tight at the back with him on board.
  • Essex_Al said:

Sue Parkes on facebook stating Chris is still at work, likely to be a late night. Paperwork done, waiting for the players to turn up!

Story of our season
    They have turned up but at Standard Liege
  • Essex_Al said:

Well at least the manager will be expecting them I suppose. It's a step forward.
  • Sponsored links:

• PL54 said:

Yes, he hasn't played for anyone this season, must be fit:-)

I sometimes despair at us Charlton fans. There is a rumour that we might be signing an Arsenal striker who has played for Auxerre, Ajax and I'm sorry to remind everyone Premier League Crystal Palace but hey he's shit. Might not be good enough for Arsene Wenger's possible champions but in my opinion he will certainly be good enough for The Championship. Doubt he will ever be prolific but should he arrive on loan then I am quite pleased.

Let's be fair, if he wasn't an Arsenal player and you saw his stats, you wouldn't exactly be jumping for joy would you? 48 professional appearances for various clubs, 11 goals. Not exactly great reading. The only reason people have hope is because he plays for Arsenal IMO.

I admit, I haven't seen much of him, but so far his stay at Arsenal hasn't really proven whether he is even cut out for English football, in any division. It's a punt, so as I said before (and it seems we agree), that we should loan him and not buy him.
    28 Goals in 91 games according to Wikipedia, that excludes his international games (U16 up to U21) which, again according to Wiki, amounts to 61 apps 34 goals including 5 in 8 at U21.
    You're including Auxerre B, essentially a youth team. As a professional he has scored 11 goals, ALL for Auxerre, he hasn't scored a single goal since he left Auxerre in fact.
    In which case it's 13 in 60 because he has scored in the Champions League for Arsenal and in the FA Cup for Palace. 10 of those 13 goals came in 13 appearances in Ligue 2. Since Auxerre got promoted that season he has played all his football in the French, English and Dutch top-flights. He's been nowhere near prolific in that time but then he's also been playing a much higher standard than we currently do.

Its the age old discussion of whether or not goals are the only way to judge a forward. I tend to think not but I know plenty disagree. I do find it very hard to believe that he would have the CV he does if he is "absolutely shit" and has nothing to offer at least in terms of team play.
    You're right, goals may not be the best indicator of how a striker will perform, but if he wasn't an Arsenal player, everyone on here would be slagging him off. I don't care where he is from, I just see another big lump who can't find the back of the net regularly.
    Not at all, im basing it on the few time I have seen him play in which I thought he had potential to be a decent hold up centre forward, I think he is more then good enough to compete with Makienok in a relegation battling Championship team.
    I guess we're about to find out :smile:

I'm always happy to be proven wrong. I just want us to stay up. If he comes and helps us great, but my fear is that it will be another passenger that we are having to carry, and we aren't exactly in a fortunate enough position to be able to carry people.
    Ultimately it will come down to his attitude if he is a success or not here, as I really do think he has the ability for this level.

I hope he is coming here determined & with an eye to the future, to reignite his career away from Arsenal as does not look likely to have a future there.
  • Cawley saying Moore isn't one of the two signings mentioned this morning. I have a feeling he's been duped by Katrien just like the rest of us.

Moore won't need to be done today he's a free agent
  • But if he's a right back (correct me if I'm wrong) then we have Solly?
  • Essex_Al said:

Players on the Eurostar as we speak!

• matt88 said:

For all those saying Fanni is too old... he's 5 months younger than Diarra. I'd be happy to have him if it meant being more assured at the back.

How long is Diarra out for ?
  • Will he play in the hole?
    You're posting without reading obviously Charlie. It's been a tortuous afternoon :wink:
    He won't be signing he's absolute gash.
    Gash? Is he still playing? Kidderminster wasn't it? Must be a viable rumour (scrapes bottom of barrel).
  • Sponsored links:

• matt88 said:

No concerns on that front. A mid 30s Fanni is only just approaching peak performance....
    Unless playing a tight defence…
  • Essex_Al said:

Fraeye's just turned up at Sparrow's Lane with Thuram, Polish Pete, Anil Koc & Loic Nego.
    Koc and Fanni? I feel a midnight centre circle video volume 2 could be on the cards.
  • edited February 2016

Will he play in the hole?
    You're posting without reading obviously Charlie. It's been a tortuous afternoon :wink:
    Gash? Is he still playing? Kidderminster wasn't it? Must be a viable rumour (scrapes bottom of barrel).
    Never heard of him but there used to be a Pratt who played for Spuds :wink: .
  • Ajax take as BBC -journalist Ian Dennis retired from Yaya Sanogo. Dennis announced on Twitter that the Frenchman, according to his information the next six months will be leased by Arsenal at Charlton Athletic, making the lease with Ajax so stops.
    Sanogo came only three appearances in the Eredivisie. Frank de Boer will probably no longer use his services because richairo živković on the way back to Amsterdam.
  • But if he's a right back (correct me if I'm wrong) then we have Solly?

Yes, and literally no-one else. Squad.
  • Beckboy said:

Expect this on the os later. "We was this close but couldn't get my fanni over the line"image

I've had my nose this long before
    Post of the day @Beckboy
  • RedChaser said:

Will he play in the hole?
    Never heard of him but there used to be a Pratt who played for Spuds.
    We've had a fair few Pratts over the years as well.

Gash is at Barnet now.
  • Expect this on the os later. "We was this close but couldn't get my fanni over the line"image

When was that pic taken? Geezer in the photo is an old chum. Footie agent that I believe has a number of our kids on the books
    Is that Phil Mitchell in the back ground?
  • Essex_Al said:

Nah, he's out shagging his mistress, that's just a story he made up as cover, as he knows he never sign anyone on deadline day :smile: