Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer Deadline Day - Charlton related (9pm - Yaya Sanogo on loan)

Comments

• colin1961 said:

Birmingham City look set to miss out on adding 20 year old striker Montell Moore to their under 21's squad.

West London Sport online are reporting that the former Brentford player, who had his contract terminated by mutual consent, is currently training with fellow Sky Bet Championship side Charlton Athletic.

Rumours earlier in the day were suggesting that the young forward, who had previously trained with Blues in December, would be signing for the Midlands club but now it looks as though he is on his way to the Addicks.

The powerful and pacey striker played 80 minutes in Charlton's under 21's fixture against Crystal Palace today, a game which the Addicks won 2-1.

Read more: http://www.birmingham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=433233#ixzz3ywdmBXrU

I think he played for us in the Kent cup a few weeks ago.
  • colin1961 said:

sanogo - leaburn mk 2.

can't say i've ever been impressed with him, in fact quite the opposite. But he's got a good pedigree. Don't really want to be signing players on their way down though...

He's 23. Agree with the Leaburn comparison.
    He made a big impression for Arsenal and was talked about as leading the Arsenal line for many years looked a real handful.....not sure what happened to him since but good enough for the championship
    His impression was so big he made 11 appearances in 3 years...
  • Will he play in the hole?

I sometimes despair at us Charlton fans. There is a rumour that we might be signing an Arsenal striker who has played for Auxerre, Ajax and I'm sorry to remind everyone Premier League Crystal Palace but hey he's shit. Might not be good enough for Arsene Wenger's possible champions but in my opinion he will certainly be good enough for The Championship. Doubt he will ever be prolific but should he arrive on loan then I am quite pleased.

Let's be fair, if he wasn't an Arsenal player and you saw his stats, you wouldn't exactly be jumping for joy would you? 48 professional appearances for various clubs, 11 goals. Not exactly great reading. The only reason people have hope is because he plays for Arsenal IMO.

I admit, I haven't seen much of him, but so far his stay at Arsenal hasn't really proven whether he is even cut out for English football, in any division. It's a punt, so as I said before (and it seems we agree), that we should loan him and not buy him.
    28 Goals in 91 games according to Wikipedia, that excludes his international games (U16 up to U21) which, again according to Wiki, amounts to 61 apps 34 goals including 5 in 8 at U21.
    You're including Auxerre B, essentially a youth team. As a professional he has scored 11 goals, ALL for Auxerre, he hasn't scored a single goal since he left Auxerre in fact.
    He scored for Palace in the FA Cup against Southampton.
  • se9addick said:

mart77 said:

We've turned down interest in Holmes Dennis from several Champ clubs according to Sky reporter.

Why are we not starting this boy instead of Fox? Baffles me.
    I honestly have no idea, very strange.
    Was it TDH who got sent off in about 3 minutes of coming on the other week ? Genuine question.
  • 27 new posts in less than 10 minutes.

Must be a new signing?

Nope.
  • PL54 said:

se9addick said:

mart77 said:

We've turned down interest in Holmes Dennis from several Champ clubs according to Sky reporter.

Why are we not starting this boy instead of Fox? Baffles me.
    I honestly have no idea, very strange.
    Was it TDH who got sent off in about 3 minutes of coming on the other week ? Genuine question.
    Yep. Looked crestfallen
  • colin1961 said:

Birmingham City look set to miss out on adding 20 year old striker Montell Moore to their under 21's squad.

West London Sport online are reporting that the former Brentford player, who had his contract terminated by mutual consent, is currently training with fellow Sky Bet Championship side Charlton Athletic.

Rumours earlier in the day were suggesting that the young forward, who had previously trained with Blues in December, would be signing for the Midlands club but now it looks as though he is on his way to the Addicks.

The powerful and pacey striker played 80 minutes in Charlton's under 21's fixture against Crystal Palace today, a game which the Addicks won 2-1.

Read more: http://www.birmingham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=433233#ixzz3ywdmBXrU

Another scoop (:
  • Sponsored links:

• DOUCHER said:

Daddy">Times getting on Katrien. How many players confirmed or are they all going to fall through at the last minute...

Arsenal centre forward, ex champ leg right back and look man stays is it - and that is FACT so up to u but that is what u will find tomorrow morning

• edited February 2016

I sometimes despair at us Charlton fans. There is a rumour that we might be signing an Arsenal striker who has played for Auxerre, Ajax and I'm sorry to remind everyone Premier League Crystal Palace but hey he's shit. Might not be good enough for Arsene Wenger's possible champions but in my opinion he will certainly be good enough for The Championship. Doubt he will ever be prolific but should he arrive on loan then I am quite pleased.

Let's be fair, if he wasn't an Arsenal player and you saw his stats, you wouldn't exactly be jumping for joy would you? 48 professional appearances for various clubs, 11 goals. Not exactly great reading. The only reason people have hope is because he plays for Arsenal IMO.

I admit, I haven't seen much of him, but so far his stay at Arsenal hasn't really proven whether he is even cut out for English football, in any division. It's a punt, so as I said before (and it seems we agree), that we should loan him and not buy him.
    28 Goals in 91 games according to Wikipedia, that excludes his international games (U16 up to U21) which, again according to Wiki, amounts to 61 apps 34 goals including 5 in 8 at U21.
    You're including Auxerre B, essentially a youth team. As a professional he has scored 11 goals, ALL for Auxerre, he hasn't scored a single goal since he left Auxerre in fact.
    Sorry I take it all back, he scored a goal in England, once...sign him up, he's amazing.

Anyway, sounds like he's coming on loan, which I'm happier about. NS were reporting a perm deal

Sorry I take it all back, he scored a goal in England, once...sign him up, he's amazing.
    So how many games have you seen him play at this level to have decided he is terrible?
  • Let's just be honest with ourselves. We're not going sign anyone are we?

• Who's the champ league right back @DOUCHER ?

Fanni isn't it?
    You're mistaken - were signing "some c@£" from France" it's Sanogo

• So Sanogo and Montell Moore. What a deadline day to remember (:

In which case it's 13 in 60 because he has scored in the Champions League for Arsenal and in the FA Cup for Palace. 10 of those 13 goals came in 13 appearances in Ligue 2. Since Auxerre got promoted that season he has played all his football in the French, English and Dutch top-flights. He's been nowhere near prolific in that time but then he's also been playing a much higher standard than we currently do.

Its the age old discussion of whether or not goals are the only way to judge a forward. I tend to think not but I know plenty disagree. I do find it very hard to believe that he would have the CV he does if he is "absolutely shit" and has nothing to offer at least in terms of team play.
  • Expect this on the os later. "We was this close but couldn't get my fanni over the line"image

When was that pic taken? Geezer in the photo is an old chum. Footie agent that I believe has a number of our kids on the books
  • Sponsored links:

• Jim White has turned up on SSN .....armed with 9 pairs of pants.
  • colin1961 said:

He played 80 mins......and we won with 2 goals in the last 10 mins. Lol

• So Sanogo and Montell Moore. What a deadline day to remember (:

Think there's been worse.

In which case it's 13 in 60 because he has scored in the Champions League for Arsenal and in the FA Cup for Palace. 10 of those 13 goals came in 13 appearances in Ligue 2. Since Auxerre got promoted that season he has played all his football in the French, English and Dutch top-flights. He's been nowhere near prolific in that time but then he's also been playing a much higher standard than we currently do.

Its the age old discussion of whether or not goals are the only way to judge a forward. I tend to think not but I know plenty disagree. I do find it very hard to believe that he would have the CV he does if he is "absolutely shit" and has nothing to offer at least in terms of team play.
    You're right, goals may not be the best indicator of how a striker will perform, but if he wasn't an Arsenal player, everyone on here would be slagging him off. I don't care where he is from, I just see another big lump who can't find the back of the net regularly.
  • Talksport just mentioned Sanogo to Charlton
  • colin1961 said:

We have beaten Birmingham to the signing of Montell Moore a pacy striker who was released by Brentford

According to Wikipedia, one appearance for Brentford - and one before a judge. "On 23 December 2014, Moore was charged with handling stolen goods (which he denied), driving without a licence and driving without insurance.[2][27] On 2 March 2015, Moore was found guilty of handling stolen goods and paid a fine.[26] He received points on his license for the driving offences.[26]"

Also says he's a midfielder.
    Getaway driver ?
  • colin1961 said:

I think he played for us in the Kent cup a few weeks ago.
    He did, last week.

He also played for the U21s today

Not like Colin to be a week behind the news.
    That article says he played today for us in the 2 1 win
  • Will he play in the hole?
    You're posting without reading obviously Charlie. It's been a tortuous afternoon :wink: