Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer Deadline Day - Charlton related (9pm - Yaya Sanogo on loan)

Comments

• Cawley on Jonson Clarke-Harris.

Rotherham not happy with Charlton's approach for those with no access to Twitter. I.e the deal is off and Sanogo is the back-up option.
  • Lookman stays - FACT
  • PL54 said:

I'm going to call

Gnaby -in
    Bent -in

Vaz te-out
    cebellos-out

Is Vaz-Te on loan ?

What's Moussa doing these days ?
    And there you have it.....
  • Sonogo is shite. Stick with mak lookman Igor and reza.
  • One further thought, this sends a strong statement to those around us.

We're shopping @ Arsenal... and have just trounced one of our rivals away from home!!

Firstly, we haven't signed him yet and don't know whether there's anything in it.

Secondly, please don't fall for the 'just because they are with a big club they must be good' stream of thought. Frimpong, Razak, Ceballos, Dean Parrett, Davide Petrucci to name just five from recent years to have proved definition not the case.
    Of those though, only Frimpong really got near the first team. Sonogo is well known precisely because he has played for Arsenal in big matches and therefore made his mistakes in the spotlight.

You get no guarantees with any signings, but it doesn't really make any sense to write this one off anymore or less than any other potential signings.
  • Yaya, Yaya Yaya, Yaya Yaya, Yaya Yaya Sanogo .
  • sanogo - leaburn mk 2.

can't say i've ever been impressed with him, in fact quite the opposite. But he's got a good pedigree. Don't really want to be signing players on their way down though...
  • Sponsored links:

• Only on Charlton Life...

"We need a striker. Oh no! Not him!"

It's like a magician saying: "Pick a card. Any card. Not that one!"

After Luzon, we needed a coach and we all said "Oh no, not him!".
  • We have to be realistic, we are only really going to get players either cheap or no one else wants whose clubs will pay most of their wages.

I'm not sure that is a totally fair allegation either. It's certainly very debatable how well the club has spent its money in recent seasons, but its not like we haven't paid any fees or signed any player to decent length contracts.

If anything, we have been guilty of paying too much for some players.

• Scored in the champions league played in a FA Cup final so i would give him a chance in the championship before writing him off. Could be his level so i agree with shootershillguru.
  • Charlton to sign a player in the next 4hrs 20 min.

Love from Colin
  • Just speaking to my arsenal supporting friend about Sanogo, a guy who I believe to be very objective and a good thinker of the game, and here are the exact quotes.

Me: Will he be better in the Championship or is he a no hope?

Friend: I've no idea if he will be good in the championship. But if he does score goals in that league then they want to scrap the football league altogether. Because it would mean the whole thing is a shambles.

Me: But wasn't he meant to be the next Henry.

Friend: Henry the Hoover would be more appropriate.

Not a glowing endorsement.
  • We have to be realistic, we are only really going to get players either cheap or no one else wants whose clubs will pay most of their wages.

I'm not sure that is a totally fair allegation either. It's certainly very debatable how well the club has spent its money in recent seasons, but its not like we haven't paid any fees or signed any player to decent length contracts.

We have no idea how fees are dealt with and whether it's filtered through some overseas company etc. all seems odd to me we supposedly pay out big fees for players (in Euros) yet we reportedly have a particularly low budget and have to shift out fringe players / development players on loan to make room for incoming wages. Never really added up to me.

• We've turned down interest in Holmes Dennis from several Champ clubs according to Sky reporter.
  • mart77 said:

We've turned down interest in Holmes Dennis from several Champ clubs according to Sky reporter.

Why are we not starting this boy instead of Fox? Baffles me.
  • Sponsored links:

• So this Sanogoe is not British and hasn't played in the Championship?
  • sanogo - leaburn mk 2.

can't say i've ever been impressed with him, in fact quite the opposite. But he's got a good pedigree. Don't really want to be signing players on their way down though...

He's 23. Agree with the Leaburn comparison.

We have no idea how fees are dealt with and whether it's filtered through some overseas company etc. all seems odd to me we supposedly pay out big fees for players (in Euros) yet we reportedly have a particularly low budget and have to shift out fringe players / development players on loan to make room for incoming wages. Never really added up to me.

Well wherever the money comes from and goes, someone is paying it.
  • mart77 said:

We've turned down interest in Holmes Dennis from several Champ clubs according to Sky reporter.

Perhaps explains why he hasn't featured in any of the squads lately.

• Times getting on Katrien. How many players confirmed or are they all going to fall through at the last minute...

I sometimes despair at us Charlton fans. There is a rumour that we might be signing an Arsenal striker who has played for Auxerre, Ajax and I'm sorry to remind everyone Premier League Crystal Palace but hey he's shit. Might not be good enough for Arsene Wenger's possible champions but in my opinion he will certainly be good enough for The Championship. Doubt he will ever be prolific but should he arrive on loan then I am quite pleased.

Let's be fair, if he wasn't an Arsenal player and you saw his stats, you wouldn't exactly be jumping for joy would you? 48 professional appearances for various clubs, 11 goals. Not exactly great reading. The only reason people have hope is because he plays for Arsenal IMO.

I admit, I haven't seen much of him, but so far his stay at Arsenal hasn't really proven whether he is even cut out for English football, in any division. It's a punt, so as I said before (and it seems we agree), that we should loan him and not buy him.
  • mart77 said:

I honestly have no idea, very strange.
  • And an Arsenal fan friend of mine thinks he'll be decent in Championship. What's more concerning is he's only made 3 sub apps at Ajax so may not be natch fit
  • Daddy">Times getting on Katrien. How many players confirmed or are they all going to fall through at the last minute...

Arsenal centre forward, ex champ leg right back and look man stays is it - and that is FACT so up to u but that is what u will find tomorrow morning