Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer Deadline Day - Charlton related (9pm - Yaya Sanogo on loan)

Comments

• Aluko? Has someone found Chris Powell's transfer list in his old desk draw?

Probably why the Kermorgant rumours started a few weeks ago.

• Signing and releasing Vaz Te in a matter of weeks sums this regime up in one.

I thought this was a good signing at the time as did a large number of posters on this site!
    I thought we only signed him until the end of January??
  • Why are we so obsessed with terminating contracts? I'm sure we could have got a little bit of money for Moussa but instead we're just drawing a line under another failed bit of transfer policy. Vaz Te was a total waste, Williams is shuffled off after having one of the worst months in a Charlton shirt that I can remember and we just shrug at the thought of Moussa. Great, well done everyone.

There had better be some good signings coming in because all we've done here is clear up the mystery wage budget a bit, which quite frankly, knowing our finances are in good health, I couldn't care less about. A striker and a winger please

Most clubs terminate contracts, there's no way Vaz Te or Moussa would get a fee anyway

To be fair, at the time Moussa seemed a decent signing. He had plenty of English experience having been over here most of his life, and had been good for Coventry the previous season.
    I was delighted with the signing of Moussa at the time and to be honest I'm not hugely happy we've shuffled him off. He's never got a run in the side but he's skilful and direct and he's been horribly affected by injury. We could have got some use out of him this season and then reviewed in the summer. Instead we've guaranteed it goes down as a failure of a signing, which rumours indicate we're doing with Ceballos too.
    I'm inclined to agree there is a player in there, I liked him, but there may be more to it than just not rating his ability - he's been injured a lot so perhaps the club feel they can't get him fit and that he's always going to be injury prone. If that was the case it'd be a reasonable decision considering the flack they took this year for signing players not up to the physical demands of the Championship.

Even with a rich owner like Roland, it's not fair to insist on a bottomless pit of money for the club to spend, so there has to be a budget and all budgets force compromise of some kind. Moussa has hardly been a key figure, Bergdich has shown a bit of form in the last couple of weeks and, when both on form, Harriot and Moussa are comparable players. Sacrificing an inconsistent, injury prone, reserve winger to make some room in the budget for new signings is not that mad a decision.
    i feel for moussa as it seems to have become an absolute disaster chapter of his career. Just couldn't quite break into the team under peeters when we were doing well and then got badly injured. Good luck to him.

Vaz Te though... who the hell thought getting him on a contract was a good idea?
  • iaitch said:

Signing and releasing Vaz Te in a matter of weeks sums this regime up in one.

I thought this was a good signing at the time as did a large number of posters on this site!
    I thought we only signed him until the end of January??
    that was the bloke from Middlesboro I think
  • PL54 said:

Signing and releasing Vaz Te in a matter of weeks sums this regime up in one.

I think I saw his first game for us - he looked sharp
    Think that one was on the TV wasn't it? He did look sharp, doesn't seem to have pushed on though.

To be fair, though, it's not the fans job to identify good signings - his track record suggested he could do the business in this league so most fans would think he's potentially a good signing, but unless there have been publicized incidents then we're not really in a position to judge their temperament.

Vaz Te was signed in desperation though because the club didn't get enough good players in in the summer, plus the whole Watt saga. Now Igor is fit, we don't need Vaz Te.
  • Signed till end of season - I thought he looked good in his first game but went downhill from there - now frees up the no.2 shirt for the long awaited RB cover for Solly
  • edited February 2016
    Heard whispers of Sanogo....
  • Was it Ipswich ?
  • Yaya and I'm not german.
  • So no go? What Aluko?
  • Sponsored links:

• Well, I'm glad they got rid of Vaz Te. He was unemployed before for a reason and Charlton have wasted a load of money to find out why. More quality scouting! Who is the numbnuts selecting players like this?
  • Heard whispers of Sanogo....

It's a no-go
  • In terms of impact so far, is this an accurate sum up of the window:

In
    Johnson
    Poyet loan
    Texteira
    Williams

Out
    Watt loan
    KAG loan
    Moussa
    Vaz Te
    Williams
  • Piggott out ?
  • edited February 2016

In terms of impact so far, is this an accurate sum up of the window:

In
    Johnson
    Poyet loan
    Texteira
    Williams

Out
    Watt loan
    KAG loan
    Moussa
    Vaz Te
    Williams

Out
    Muldoon loan
    Pigott loan
  • I meant 1st team impact really
  • Out for a couple of hours now. Gutted that I'll miss the excitement of out two big new signings

Or are we saving them up until 10:59 to keep SSN and 5Live excited?
  • Heard whispers of Sanogo....

Known in the game as Sanogoals
  • i'd take Sonogoals in Championship
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2016
    Better fire up the divisive players thread. I know he has a bit of a comedy reputation, but he's not without ability and would give us an option to play as a lone striker if wanted to go one up front for certain games. Igor is bit on the small side and Big Mak maybe not mobile enough.
  • I meant 1st team impact really

Then why mention Vaz te and Moussa?
  • Strikes me that it might be a case of 'you ain't getting Gnabry, but you can have this lad if you want'
  • edited February 2016

Better fire up the divisive players thread. I know he has a bit of a comedy reputation, but he's not without ability and would give us an option to play as a lone striker if wanted to go one up front for certain games. Igor is bit on the small side and Big Mak maybe not mobile enough.
    Please no. Not without ability? damning with faint praise - He's bloody awful!
  • PL54 said:

Anyone got the age-old "Bent signs" image ?

Almost posted it earlier but decided against it.
  • So we say no to Reece Oxford but yes Sanogo?
  • Isn't Sanogo on loan at Ajax? Don't see this happening