Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer Deadline Day - Charlton related (9pm - Yaya Sanogo on loan)

Comments

• Don't we have to pay up the contract in full when we release people? So we've really gained nothing.

Maybe not... It could have been part of the Mutual Agreement for them to go elsewhere without wages being paid (especially if other clubs are interested i.e. Vaz Te going back to Turkey)
  • Don't we have to pay up the contract in full when we release people? So we've really gained nothing.

There will be a negotiated amount which suits player and club.

It is in the player's interest to be free from the contract to sign for another club.
  • Have you noticed, puns about Fanni have dried up?

…oops
  • I am sure we could finger a few in
  • Signing and releasing Vaz Te in a matter of weeks sums this regime up in one.

Im sure we aren't the first club to be used as a quick buck by a washed up lazy bastard.

All the signings proved to be a success.

Riga not impressed by superscout Fraeye's signings clearly.

Vaz Te, Johnson, Poyet and Williams, January signings. Williams and Vaz Te gone, Johnson and Poyet cannot get in the first 11. We are good and getting in players
  • What's Cawley saying about the alleged incoming players?
  • Sponsored links:

• Now we just need to mutually agree to cancel the Contracts for George and Pete
  • What's Cawley saying about the alleged incoming players?

So far nothing, beyond the fact that they exist.
  • Katrien, Richard,Tony and Roland first
  • Juan Roman Riquelme rumored. A deadline day institution almost as old as deadline day itself.
  • Juan Roman Riquelme rumored. A deadline day institution almost as old as deadline day itself.

Is he even still alive?
  • ross1 said:

Signing and releasing Vaz Te in a matter of weeks sums this regime up in one.

Vaz Te, Johnson, Poyet and Williams, January signings. Williams and Vaz Te gone, Johnson and Poyet cannot get in the first 11. We are good and getting in players
    At the start of January I would never have imagined that Makienok and Bergdych would be starting, with Johnson and Poyet on the bench, and Vaz Te and Williams let go!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2016

Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 19s19 seconds ago England, United Kingdom
    #cafc terminate contracts of Ricardo Vaz Te and Franck Moussa. Those are the outgoings I referred to earlier. Might be one more to come.

Ceballos?

Miere?
    Too fast for me Shirty. ;)
  • You see its not illegal to do it to Ademola for those Human Rights fans on here!!

Holloway probably locked himself in the chairmans office by accident and Charlie Adam just happened to be with him...

It's bullshit being locked in a room.with ollie would destroy a man and his mental capacity
  • You see its not illegal to do it to Ademola for those Human Rights fans on here!!

Holloway probably locked himself in the chairmans office by accident and Charlie Adam just happened to be with him...

It's bullshit being locked in a room.with ollie would destroy a man and his mental capacity
    Now we know why Charlie Adam has never been the same player since he finally got out of Blackpool

All the signings proved to be a success.

Riga not impressed by superscout Fraeye's signings clearly.
    However, Meire apparently on the verge of appointing Alan Nurse as replacement scout. He likes to be known by his second name Peter, and Miss Meire has stated we needed A.P.Nurse to replace the other tosser.

Charlie would have been happy as long as there was a supply of pies.
  • Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 18m18 minutes ago England, United Kingdom
    @Wheelerl97 @ShoreRobert @Joshuk1987 There are two incoming deals afoot. That's the truth.

They fail the height test, Solly is taller than 12"
  • Why are we so obsessed with terminating contracts? I'm sure we could have got a little bit of money for Moussa but instead we're just drawing a line under another failed bit of transfer policy. Vaz Te was a total waste, Williams is shuffled off after having one of the worst months in a Charlton shirt that I can remember and we just shrug at the thought of Moussa. Great, well done everyone.

There had better be some good signings coming in because all we've done here is clear up the mystery wage budget a bit, which quite frankly, knowing our finances are in good health, I couldn't care less about. A striker and a winger please

Most clubs terminate contracts, there's no way Vaz Te or Moussa would get a fee anyway

To be fair, at the time Moussa seemed a decent signing. He had plenty of English experience having been over here most of his life, and had been good for Coventry the previous season.
    I was delighted with the signing of Moussa at the time and to be honest I'm not hugely happy we've shuffled him off. He's never got a run in the side but he's skilful and direct and he's been horribly affected by injury. We could have got some use out of him this season and then reviewed in the summer. Instead we've guaranteed it goes down as a failure of a signing, which rumours indicate we're doing with Ceballos too.
    I'm inclined to agree there is a player in there, I liked him, but there may be more to it than just not rating his ability - he's been injured a lot so perhaps the club feel they can't get him fit and that he's always going to be injury prone. If that was the case it'd be a reasonable decision considering the flack they took this year for signing players not up to the physical demands of the Championship.

Even with a rich owner like Roland, it's not fair to insist on a bottomless pit of money for the club to spend, so there has to be a budget and all budgets force compromise of some kind. Moussa has hardly been a key figure, Bergdich has shown a bit of form in the last couple of weeks and, when both on form, Harriot and Moussa are comparable players. Sacrificing an inconsistent, injury prone, reserve winger to make some room in the budget for new signings is not that mad a decision.
  • edited February 2016