Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer Deadline Day - Charlton related (9pm - Yaya Sanogo on loan)

Comments

• Lookman sold in a few months for an undisclosed amount then.
  • I know I've moaned about this before but can people please post twitter text as well as the link?

Some of us do work for communists, thanks.
  • Is fanni being signed for this seasons pitch hire promo as there wasn't enough Fanni on show in the last ad
  • edited February 2016
    Why have I spent so long refreshing this thread! Where is that picture with the quote about insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results?
  • Why have I spent so long refreshing this thread! Where is that picture with the quote about insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results?

Now you thought there was something new to read
  • Who's this Pinard geezer ?

Bald guy off Star Trek
  • Sponsored links:

• The usual borefest continues, cant wait to to get off the tube when I finish work later to see another 100 posts of us not signing anyone.

Least we can a few players on loan deadline day in March when its too bloody late as always.
  • Nicholas said:

The usual borefest continues, cant wait to to get off the tube when I finish work later to see another 100 posts of us not signing anyone.

Least we can a few players on loan deadline day in March when its too bloody late as always.

Well aren't you a cheery soul.
  • Lookman signing a new deal at Charlton would be great news, but the squad still needs lot of DECENT replenishments, not sticking plasters, would have loved Gnarby, but that was never going to happen.
  • WE'VE BEEN MENTIONED!!

ARSENAL EXPECT DEPARTURES
    Sky sources: Arsenal expect both Mathieu Debuchy and Serge Gnabry to leave the club on loan before the 11pm deadline.

Debuchy's options include Sunderland, Bordeaux, Aston Villa and Manchester United, while Gnabry is likely to move to either Brighton or Charlton on loan.

Players loaned to the Championship do not require registration today, however, so Arsenal are in no rush over the Gnabry deal.
  • ross1 said:

It would appear that the brilliantly named Rod Fanni could be on his way back to Europe, if FootMercato are to be believed.

The former Marseille defender left at the end of last season to go enjoy his remaining football years in hot and sunny and rich Qatar, with Al Arabi more precisely, but a move to the Championship could be on the cards.

According to FootMercato in their transfer deadline day live blog, their sources have told them that Charlton are in talks with the defender.

Capable of playing both at right-back and at centre-back, Fanni would provide cover for José Riga’s defence, as well as bringing a lot of experience, having played in the Champions League and the Europa League with his former clubs.

The player made 14 appearances for Al-Arabi Sports Club last year, scoring one goal in the process, while Charlton are fighting against relegation in the Championship, currently 23rd with 24 points from 29 games.

So why sign a 34 year old defender that has not played this season, when we could have had Oxford. I can only assume that west Ham insisted he played every game and Riga said no

Rod F seems to have played as recently as 2nd January 2016 and only missed one of their 16 games this season. I say "seems" because the reporting of match stats from Qatar may be a bit approximate.
  • MrLargo said:

buckshee said:

Why would we be at the front of the queue for the Danish lad when his club is owned by the same mob as Brentford?

We're not. Roland and Katrien do this every transfer window - leak to Rich Cawley and co that we're trying to make some top drawer signings and then unfortunately just fail to get them over the line in time. Has anyone noticed that the transfer fees for the signings we actually make are always undisclosed and shrouded in mystery, but the amounts we bid for the players that we don't manage to sign are always plastered all over the press? £1.5m for Max Gradel, £650,000 for Chris O'Grady, £3m for Delort, £1.5m to £2m for Clarke-Harris.

We've got another 9 and a quarter hours of exciting rumours, prior to the announcement that Numpty Van Der Knobend has signed from Standard Liege Reserves for an undisclosed fee, with Charlton having fought off interest from Benfica and a number of Premier League clubs.

That's a very good spot. One part of their chicanery which flew under my radar.
  • Sponsored links:

• Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 18m18 minutes ago England, United Kingdom
    @Wheelerl97 @ShoreRobert @Joshuk1987 There are two incoming deals afoot. That's the truth.
  • So three out, and how many to come in?
  • Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 18m18 minutes ago England, United Kingdom
    @Wheelerl97 @ShoreRobert @Joshuk1987 There are two incoming deals afoot. That's the truth.

Just hope we can get them over the line before 11pm
  • iamdan said:
    Three gone Vax Te, Moussa and Williams.

Clearing the decks for two to come in