Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer Deadline Day - Charlton related (9pm - Yaya Sanogo on loan)

Comments

• Us and Brighton in gnaby apparently according to the mail
  • We aren't getting Gnabry. Brad Pinard on Twitter. In typical Charlton, phenomenally underwhelming fashion we're probably getting Fanni and Makienok.
  • PL54 said:

"Arsene Wenger says he must decide between two Championship clubs before sending out Serge Gnabry on loan again.

Charlton and Brighton have both shown interest in the 20-year-old who had an unhappy loan spell at West Brom and barely got a look-in.

Gunners boss Wenger said: “Yes [he is likely to go on loan]. He will go to the Championship. We have to decide where today. I know approximately but I wouldn’t like to make a wrong announcement.

“It’s between two clubs and I want to give him some competition because he didn’t play at West Brom. It will be like what I did with Francis Coquelin last year and, if possible, I might call him back after.”

That Coquelin quote is definitely a clue - time to get all excited (is Gnabry actually any good).
  • We're not getting Gnabry cos Riga's never heard of him
  • Only 9 hrs of this nonsense left to endure

Even if we sign the goonershite fella on loan he will be back with them by mid march
  • Only 9 hrs of this nonsense left to endure

Even if we sign the goonershite fella on loan he will be back with them by mid march

...when the next new manager is unveiled...
  • Sponsored links:

• PL54 said:

Wenger said: “ I know approximately but I wouldn’t like to make a wrong announcement.”

A club south of Arsenal?
  • zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz FFS this is CAFC pre pare to be disappointed and even then be further disappointed
  • Mikkell Duelund is highly rated in Denmark, kid has unreal potential.

If we sign him, it will be the best signing we have made under RD, I honestly believe that.

But lets be honest, it wont happen.

The club he currently plays for is owned by the Brentford owner.

If he's coming to England it'll be to them.
  • zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz FFS this is CAFC pre pare to be disappointed and even then be further disappointed

Been there before gh how many times now
  • se9addick said:

PL54 said:

"Arsene Wenger says he must decide between two Championship clubs before sending out Serge Gnabry on loan again.

Charlton and Brighton have both shown interest in the 20-year-old who had an unhappy loan spell at West Brom and barely got a look-in.

Gunners boss Wenger said: “Yes [he is likely to go on loan]. He will go to the Championship. We have to decide where today. I know approximately but I wouldn’t like to make a wrong announcement.

“It’s between two clubs and I want to give him some competition because he didn’t play at West Brom. It will be like what I did with Francis Coquelin last year and, if possible, I might call him back after.”

That Coquelin quote is definitely a clue - time to get all excited (is Gnabry actually any good).
    Saw him play a year or so back and looked quality.
  • Tbh I don't like the sound of the gnarby deal. Wenger saying he'll recall the player if he does well. Sod that. We desperately need some stability. Same side being played over the next few weeks.
  • We are signing this guy

<3
  • Who's Paul Davis

Rotherham writer for www.thestar.co.uk
    Does he pass the height test?
  • It's hard to see why the player would want to leave Rotherham for Charlton today anyway. Why move from one bottom 6 team to another?

Would you turn down a move from Rotherham to the bright lights of the big city (and a house in Chislehurst)?
  • Sponsored links:

• Fanni needs a move to freshen things up.....he's been going through quite a dry period in his career.

Good in the hole apparently.
  • Mr.Largo at 1.48pm is spot on.
  • https://t.co/Q9GXbZk9bd

Charlton Athletic have suffered a setback in their hopes to sign Rotherham United striker Jonson Clarke-Harris as The Star understands that the Millers aren’t interested in selling the player. Whilst it has been reported a bid in the region of £1.5million has been sanctioned, that isn’t believed to be the case.

In August 2014, Steve Evans made Clarke-Harris Rotherham’s club record signing when buying him from League One side Oldham Athletic. He has been mainly restricted to the bench in recent times, but Neil Redfearn wants to keep him at the New York Stadium.

The 21-year-old has scored six goals for the Championship strugglers this season but Redfearn isn’t interested in selling a player of his quality. Luciano Becchio has signed but an injury to Leon Best means that Clarke-Harris is still needed by the Yorkshire-based club.

Charlton recently lost Tony Watt in a loan move to Blackburn Rovers and Jose Riga is looking to add to his forward line. Igor Vetokele has enjoyed a run in the side since returning from injury, but they are still looking to sign cover in case those problems reappear.

Last season Clarke-Harris was allowed to leave on loan and join MK Dons but only played five times for the Dons, who went on to achieve promotion out of League One and into the Championship.
  • Rotherham have already lost a striker today - albeit their choice, they wont lose another one. It's all a load of crap!

As for Fanni - he's 34 for Christ sake!! We don't need fanni, young or old - although how our club works right now........he'll probably bag himself a 4 and a half year deal.
  • edited February 2016
    braydex said:

Rotherham have already lost a striker today - albeit their choice, they wont lose another one. It's all a load of crap!

As for Fanni - he's 34 for Christ sake!! We don't need fanni, young or old - although how our club works right now........he'll probably bag himself a 4 and a half year deal.

At the moment, I'd take a old Fanni
  • with regards to Fanni, as much as the age thing (and the name :-) ) bothers me a little we need cover for Solly. I'm surprised he has lasted this long what with his knee issues.
  • ross1 said:

PWR

Rod Fanni in advanced negotiations according to Twitter, plays for Marseille

34 years old, no thank you
    Ditto.

There's only room for one Fanni..