Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jorge Teixeira (The Fly) signed from Standard Liege - 4 1/2 year contact

Comments

• Options
    Now, Jorge seems to have a good grasp of English but, you know, he may not have a similarly good grasp of colloquialisms, and because of you, Carly Burn, he's just walked up to Tony Watt and said, 'Hi, Bum!'
  • Options
    I make that 7 centre backs we now have,whats the chances of a settled ,efficient pairing
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    I would like to adjust my previous comment about a three and a half year deal not being so bad.

Four and a half years?! What?! Silly though it is to think that ("but it's only one more year" etc), that increases the chances of him playing rubbish during his time here by orders of magnitude.

Not only will he be older and more likely to be past his peak with an unacceptably long time left on his contract, but he's sitting on an income for the next four and a half years and I don't know how mercenary he is but if I was guaranteed income until 2020 I don't know whether I would be putting in much effort.

Nice one Katrien.
  • Options
    I have been looking up how you pronounce his name and it appears it is Teshera.
    I can manage that.
  • Options
    Agents league table, top five.

Piotr Parzyszek's
    Roger Johnson's
    Jorge Teixeria's
    Ricardo Vaz Te's
    Reza's

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Seems a positive sign that Jose can see where our problems lie. Get in an experienced unit at centre half, get the defence sorted and build off that. In theory we should have more or less the right tools to do that. Despite all my support I still have concerns about Fox as first choice left back and I think he'd quite fancy a break to be honest. We need some pace down that flank so a quick LB should be a priority now, but if Teixeira can bring organisation to the middle our whole defence should be less overburdened in general.

I know nothing about Jorge's playing style. I don't know if he's fast or not, how vocal he is (or if he speaks English. If not, key words to learn are 'Network', 'interim' and 'fuck sake Naby') or if he's a leader. The first challenge is who to partner him with - Johnson has had an atrocious start but is a good organiser, Lennon is young but with promise, Naby Sarr is three small children stacked in a trench coat and Rhys Williams is probably researching ways to re-rupture his Achilles so he never has to play football for us again. If only we had Bauer available.

If Teixeira is decent though I'm confident with an organised back four and Poyet doing the job he did for us previously we'll have enough in front of our own goal to start thinking about ways to trouble the opponent's. And if we're being really honest, despite it all an attack involving Harriott, Vetokele, Makienok, Gudmundsson, Reza, Lookman and Watt in various combinations should be able to stick the ball in the net.

He wrote a nice goodbye letter to the Liege fans in English on his twitter feed, so I'm guessing he can.
    Where there's google translate......
  • Options
    Does sound like a better signing, to correct previous balls ups. Looking forward to hearing a Wire song being used as a football chant.
  • Options

thenewbie said:

Pretty sure we'll not be seeing Williams again now if I'm honest.

I think his loan only covers one more game anyway
    Yeah, but he won't play in that game and won't be renewed, is what I am getting at. With Bauer injured, Diarra out of position and Sarr being... Sarr, we really don't have an awful lot in the way of experienced centrebacks ready to play so in that sense I am glad to have another option. On the other hand our perennial lack of goals is a problem with no signs of being remedied...
  • Options
    Welcome back to the network Jorge.
  • Options
    I am pleased enough with this signing, experienced rather then signed on his potential and appears to be a Riga choice, so considering we have had some decent enough players from Liege who lacked English football experience (Buyens & Bulot) I am willing to give him a chance.

No idea why they agreed to give him such a long contract though, can only assume it was the only way of convincing him to leave Liege since he was a first team regular for them.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Agents league table, top five.

Piotr Parzyszek's
    Roger Johnson's
    Jorge Teixeria's
    Ricardo Vaz Te's
    Reza's

Can't believe you've forgotten Bergdich
  • Options
    Jawjh te-sharer shurely?

Solly, Bauer, Teixeria, THD as a back four looks more promising than Solly Johnson Williams Lennon ink at least, but we will have to see
  • Options
    Just hope for his sake he can play otherwise he is gonna get some shit abuse , and so will Riga since he is the one who has brought him in, can our next signing be a goalscoring forward FFS .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Vincenzo said:

Does sound like a better signing, to correct previous balls ups. Looking forward to hearing a Wire song being used as a football chant.

What song is that?
  • Options

Vincenzo said:

What song is that?
    https://youtu.be/OnIXXe83fe4
  • Options
    Still concerned about signing a player who doesn't have experience of championship or League1 football. He may take time to settle in and by then it will be too late to save us. We badly need a LB aswell so hopefully that can be done aswell.
  • Options
    Finally some promotion ambitions for next season.
  • Options
    Still concerned about signing a player who doesn't have experience of championship or League1 football. He may take time to settle in

Well he has 3 and a half years to settle in!
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    can't believe we've given him a 5 1/2 year contract.

Will be great for us though. Well done M. Duchatelet
  • Options
    6 1/2 years????? Pisstake.
  • Options
    A seven-year contract?
  • Options
    Hendo
    THD Solly Lennon Bauer Fox
    Diarra Texieria Johnson
    Sarr
    Reza