Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jorge Teixeira (The Fly) signed from Standard Liege - 4 1/2 year contact

Comments

• Options
    Even if he is Riga's man, this is isn't a departure from the Duchatelet method. All our puppets have been allowed to sign one player they want. Peeters got Vetokele, Luzon got Kashi and now Riga has Teixeria.
  • Options
    Didn't Murray say that things were going to change only a week ago? Remarkable turnaround.
  • Options
    Should we get the ones taking the corners and free kicks as well?????

Could even help Makienok...
  • Options
    If he's half as good as the last Portugeezer centre half called Jorge that we signed, we'll be in a good place.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Opening of the January transfer window on Charltonlife: "We need players with Championship experience."

Announcement of new signing that no-one has heard of from Standard Liege on the 19th Jan: "On the face of it this is exactly what we need."

Johnson, Poyet and Williams all have championship experience, 3 out of 4 ain't bad
    Actually, at least 2 out of 4 of them are bad
  • Options
    8 year contract according to Colin.

Can we sign a Breton now please.
  • Options
    That sort of contract at that sort of age means one thing....preparing for league one! If RD no longer owns Standard, why the feck do we keep going back there to sign their old boys, injured, has beens and wannabes? This is another panic buy which will appease the easily appeasable (if there is such a word)...
  • Options
    Yes looks good in the air, may not be super pacey and may get turned by quicker players but looks promising I reckon. Also looks big and like he is going to try hard which lets face it is an improvement.

Not super talented but a gutsy trier? Yes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Depressing another player from the (old) network who nobodys heard of and has no experience playing at a level which will be any use in one ofthe toughest divisions around. I don't know why we bother
  • Options

What do you deduce from this, Watson?

Well, Holmes, Teixeria knows where the goal is, defending in the Belgian league is shocking, and Standard have someone who's good with a dead ball.

Excellent, Watson. Now, how does that apply to Charlton?

It doesn't, Holmes. They can't do anything with a free kick or corner, and the defending in the Championship isn't anywhere near that bad.
  • Options
    And also if he does well and his name is really pronounced Te She Ra, he has a ready made Te she ra she ra, whatever will be will be etc chant ready made.
  • Options

This is worse than the time we signed Jeffers for £2.6m.

£2.75 I heard. Curbs out.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    The other Portuguese Jorge didn't have any English football experience either. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

Plus I'm feeling a bit guilty re my part in his new nickname.

Standards slipping re spelling of his name on thread title.
  • Options

shows the quality of Belgium's league Piss Poor defending
  • Options
    Thanks fuck for that
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Meant to be 'thank fuck for that' sorry Cabbles for the misspell.
  • Options
    welcome Georgie Texas, let's hope you give us something to shout about and soon
  • Options
    Te she re
    Woah oh oh
    Te she ra
    Woah oh oh
    He comes from Portugal
  • Options

Looks very decent in the air.

His dad was a pilot.
  • Options
    Welcome Jorge. Only heard of you 10 mins ago no idea if you are good or bad but wish you the best of luck.

With Bauer injured and Diarra injured/better in midfield we desperately needed 2 excellent CB's, hopefully he is the first. Also need a LB desperately, a creative midfielder, a winger and Yann. So 5 more, all good!
  • Options
    Note to RedMidland:

You're going to be in trouble trying to quickly write Teixera on the Match Thread.

Best stick with Tex.

• Options
    Think he looks good and a move in the right direction with it seeming to be a Riga signing...... Until he is worst than sarr and it means we start losing double figures each week.
  • Options
    I think Te rather than Tex. I never got any good with Portuguese pronunciation even after 5 months in Portuguese speaking countries.

I think, as others have said, it's Teshera. Probably with rising time in the last syllable. Stand to be corrected.

I would phonetically go with Taeyshe-raa with a rise at the end.

Anyway a chant using the que sera sera tune, if ahead of anyone wanting to chant his name, sounds closer.
  • Options
    Heeeeyyyyy Jorge Taeyshe-raa ooh ah