Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jorge Teixeira (The Fly) signed from Standard Liege - 4 1/2 year contact

Comments

• Options
    Is my memory failing me or was there some cloudy issues around the Watt transfer to us from Liege resulting in the new Liege owners being unhappy about it? And that resulted in refusal to let us have Bulot back?

If so a cynic might imply that this could be a sweetner. Although no doubt fee will be undisclosed so we won't know whether transfer is value for money.

• Options
    cafc-west said:

Sounds, from a little bit of research, that Jorge Teixeira has been one of Standard Liege's key men this season. #cafc

— Richard Cawley (@RichCawleySLP) January 19, 2016

So we could be getting a better Standard of player from Standard (boom boom.) now that Roland isn't even involved? That speaks volumes..
  • Options

cafc-west said:

Sounds, from a little bit of research, that Jorge Teixeira has been one of Standard Liege's key men this season. #cafc

— Richard Cawley (@RichCawleySLP) January 19, 2016
    But is he really the best out there for a Championship centre half? I highly doubt it.
    We can't afford the best out there (and whoever it is wouldn't want to sign for us anyway!)

We can but won't.
  • Options
    We need to take the question mark off the thread title. Certainly looks happy to be here.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Charlton are delighted to confirm the signing of experienced centre-back Jorge Teixeira on a three-and-a-half-year deal.

The 29-year-old joins the Addicks for an undisclosed fee from Standard Liège, where he has been a regular in the first half of the 2015/16 season.

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-championship-transfer-jorge-teixeira-2910408.aspx#rbfd38psoy5k5uGZ.99

That is four signings, Murray said five, so one to go!
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Charlton are delighted to confirm the signing of experienced centre-back Jorge Teixeira on a three-and-a-half-year deal.

The 29-year-old joins the Addicks for an undisclosed fee from Standard Liège, where he has been a regular in the first half of the 2015/16 season.

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-championship-transfer-jorge-teixeira-2910408.aspx#rbfd38psoy5k5uGZ.99

well thats shocking - perhaps it was 1.5mill to repay them for the Watt scam
  • Options
    ross1 said:

That is four signings, Murray said five, so one to go!

I read somewhere that the fee was rumoured to be in the region of £360,000

Anyway welcome to the mad house Jorge!
  • Options
    C4FC4L1f3 said:

ross1 said:

well thats shocking - perhaps it was 1.5mill to repay them for the Watt scam
    My above post was alluding to something similar
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    WHERE'S SCARFY???
  • Options
    Well things are looking up from my point of view. As long as he is fit and can run, unlike the last two donkeys we got in Williams and Johnson, I live in hope. Another signing or 2 and I just might fork out for Rotherham.
  • Options
    Good news, needed a centre back badly, especially now Bauer is going under the knife. If Riga picked this fella then even better, at the very least he is known to him.

To be fair, the players we have signed previously from Liege, who were also in and around their first team, have turned out to be decent in one way or another (Astrit, TBH, Buyens). Even Reza has had his (all too fleeting) moments. Unless I'm forgetting someone, the only absolute dud we signed from them was Thuram.

Sounds like this fella has at the very least been featuring regularly so that is a positive sign he'll cut the mustard.
  • Options

Now can we get an Attacking Midfielder to create something?

I would prefer another centre half. We need two good ones and another good one for back up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Astrit!
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    That's a good start for the new look spine, now a CF and creative AM please.
  • Options
    Slightly surprised SL would let him go. 4 1/2 years is a long contract for a 29 year old, I wonder if he has a relegation exit clause...
  • Options

Astrit!
    That'd do... But if he only signed for the Swedish side in December I doubt it'll happen
  • Options

Talksport reported the signing as "you'd be amazed to hear, from Standard Liege"....

Brought a smile to my face.

Unnecessary dig from Talksport - there is no reason for Standard to do us a favour and they are absolutely not part of the network any more. This must be Riga's man and I am pleased with it. Doesn't matter if he is the best defender in the division. All that matters is if he is better than the defenders of Rotherham, Brizzle, Bolton, MK Dons etc etc
  • Options
    Did he play much last season under Riga, does anyone know?
  • Options
    He looks delighted.

However (and it doesnt take much) he's my favourite signing of this window. Welcome Jorge, hope you've got a good sense of humour.