Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Watt to remain at The Valley (ed. GONE Blackburn to get much needed game time again)

Comments

• Options
    Well I never,could it be another big fat lie?
  • Options

I honestly can't take this shit anymore.
    I really thought I'd be amongst the last to crack, but I won't be renewing our season tickets, irrespective of which division we are in.
    I've attended since I was 7, had a season ticket for over 30 years and was part of the Valley party along with my Dad.
    I absolutely love Charlton, but the mismanagement of the club and the arrogance of those in charge is beyond belief.
    I cannot bring myself to give these bastards one more penny of my cash.

Agree wholeheartedly.
    When will people realise that these people are not worried about the football team, they only care about budgets. They're not worried if we get relegated.
    I'm with mid_life_crisis, I won't be renewing while this lot are here. That's after 60 years of support.
  • Options
    Hefty loan fee involved apparently.
  • Options
    Oh I wish I was in Colins world
    R u sure ur not Rd or km
    Probably the later
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:

Swap for Jordan Rhodes???

KM who fans believe knows nowt about football or the running a football club has spent hours/days/weeks/months finding Watts replacement and believes Chatham born Rhodes is a perfect fit for Charlton. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zandra_Rhodes
  • Options
    Wonder how he will get along with Rhodes? Hopefully he will disrupt them if he is anywhere near as bad as we keep hearing.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    colin1961 said:

It was clear last week he did not want to be at Charlton , very frosty if a few team mates the fact that he would not pass to Gudmunsson and

Hefty loan fee involved apparently.

How much is staying in the championship worth in comparison?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Too many things appeared to be in the background with Watt, BUT we should have kept him till the end of the season once the Cardiff deal fell through.
  • Options
    #DontLoanTonyWatt
  • Options
    So what would have happened if he has scored the winner last Saturday?
  • Options

So what would have happened if he has scored the winner last Saturday?

They would've upped the percentage of wages they expect the other club to pay ;)
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Charlton Athletic "FC" - NO LONGER a real Football Club. Well done the Belgians any hope of avoiding relegation has been extinguished.
  • Options

Wonder how he will get along with Rhodes? Hopefully he will disrupt them if he is anywhere near as bad as we keep hearing.

He was having a long chat with Rhodes after the final whistle on Saturday

• Options
    Not giving an opinion whether good move or not, but does anyone know what goals per games Watt has achieved for us?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Now we know why they played him against Blackburn.

?

I don't think Blackburn had accepted an offer from boro at the time for Rhodes so doubt we were trying to flog him to Blackburn by playing him against them.

Anyone interested in Watt could just look at what he did whilst at Cardiff
    What did he do at Cardiff? Only scored twice in 9 appearances.
  • Options
    So Katrien flogged him on Saturday when their directors were down then. Simples...
  • Options
    It's a difficult one. Great player to watch and put the opposition on the back foot. Obvious issues and possibly doesn't want to be be here?Thought Riga was going to have faith in him after Saturday but maybe not his decision. Actually passed more on Saturday than he done previously except for the time when he could have put Reza through on goal.
    So doesn't score enough goals and possibly create enough (what were his creation stats at Cardiff?)

If no-one better is coming in though, he should stay.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    RedChaser said:

He's the only player we had in Lookman's absence on Saturday who can run with the ball, leave opposition defenders in his wake and make things happen. End product not as good as it should be but sending him back out on loan in our dire position is absolute madness. I swear the wicked witch is doing this on purpose :angry:

Essentially we have no striker better or even as good as him in the squad.
  • Options
    Doesn't make any sense at all. Completely insane.

If it's true then I reiterate what I said after Saturday's game against Blackburn that is, if we let Watt go we will be relegated.

Just seen a photo on Twitter of Henderson, Watt, Big Mak & Patrik Bauer at Due Amici restaurant in Chislehurst last night so he's obviously got some mates.

This may be down to money or that TW doesn't want to play for us again.

I'm praying it's all a rumour and doesn't happen
  • Options

Reza came on as sub on Saturday and was flattened by the B'burn goalie

To which the ref gave the foul against Rezza, not sure how he was supposed to get out of the way.
    The ref did not give a foul against Rezza. No foul given, ref stopped the game immediately the seriousness of the incident was recognised and then restarted the game by asking the opposing goalie to give it back to Charlton. The goalie kicked the ball out of play.
  • Options
    If true it's pure madness to let him go, but am I surprised no. Final nail in the coffin as far as I am concerned.

Yes he is hard to manage but at least let Riga try. Once again our owner and his puppets have shown that they don't care about OUR club or their customers, Wankers everyone of them.

Time to turn up the heat and make it personal.